🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 353 — Goodbye Reggie!

Yeah the Silicon Valley, Explosione and first SXSW episode are up there too, others are a bit too inconsistent I feel. Also the Gilly/Garry wedding deserves a mention

Fuck, this year has been monumental.

• Like 2

It kind of bummed me out how upset and sentimental Scott was about Reggie leaving, yet Reggie admits that he probably won't watch the final episode of him on the show.

James Corden suuuuuuuuuucks

Reggie watch the goddamn show that you're on for once!!!! Also poor Scottyboombody IFC keeps changing the day his show is on..... :(

• Like 1

Fuck, this year has been monumental.

The 6th Anniversary Show might've been the best ep ever, all the characters were hilarious. Usually there's at least one stinker on those types of eps

• Like 1

eh maybe 1 or 2 good laughs, kind of disappointing considering the lineup

• Like 2

Scott's already sounding more at peace with the situation than on the 12 guests of Christmas Doug Loves Movies episode. Still hoping for some barely-passive aggression!

W H A T T H E F U C K !!!!???

>just so you know i'm quoting the first thing he says after asking RW about the jacket.

too bad reggie has to leave that sweet 69 in the rearview.

Happy Jun everyone!

Fun story - At work today, I put "Jun" in a file name, and thought "I wonder if Scott will say 'Jun' on today's CBB", then I listened after work and he did!

Great ep. Scott asking "Did he bend it?!" was pretty much a perfect distillation of his persona.

• Like 1

well, R2D2 is a R series astromech droid, (one of 9 different types of R unit) and the R series seems to be the standard, even slightly out of date, at the time of the original trilogy. If the droid manufacturers continue with that naming convention then they would have to eventually start using double letters after Z units. So BB-8 is actually 9 generations more advance than R2D2 let's say they introduce a new tyoe of droid every 3 years or so then BB-8 makes perfect sense.

holy shit! asked and fuckin' answered-ed-ed.

• Like 3

alt ep title would have to be Taquitos.

• Like 1

If we're doing midseason best lists, somebody's gotta mention the Michael Abelson ep. Barely ahead of Gilli and Garry for my #1 so far.

Also, this episode was good, and the closing up the plugbag song was a good song.

• Like 1

Everybody Wang Jun tonight!

(Flip your calendar to Jun if you haven't already done it, then pull your wang out and close the calendar onto it)

• Like 5

2nd alt title;

8 Stone And A Fortnite

• Like 3

eh maybe 1 or 2 good laughs, kind of disappointing considering the lineup

The Neil/Reggie episodes basically always follow this format. They're not really laugh out loud funny - but have an amiable and laid back vibe that's enjoyable to listen to.

• Like 2

The Neil/Reggie episodes basically always follow this format. They're not really laugh out loud funny - but have an amiable and laid back vibe that's enjoyable to listen to.

Neil is more of a humorist. Like a David Sedaris type. And I say that as a compliment b/c I love the entire Sedaris family. And good humor. Bars. And good humor. The kind that's not candy. Is this the Hollywood Handbook forum?

• Like 2

Neil is more of a humorist. Like a David Sedaris type. And I say that as a compliment b/c I love the entire Sedaris family. And good humor. Bars. And good humor. The kind that's not candy. Is this the Hollywood Handbook forum?

not today. but go ahead.

• Like 1

REEEEGGIIIEEEE!!!

Archer_reggie!.jpg

• Like 2

Is this the Hollywood Handbook forum?

[Checks for 17 pages of comments] - No. No it's not.

But isn't that interesting that that's where we thought this might be.

• Like 2

(but for real) This ep felt a little weird to me. Scott seemed to try and be genuine at times but Reggie either never caught on to that, or he genuinely just doesn't give a shit.

It's probably a little bit of both. Reggie is obviously a super laid back dude and he being the main guest on this ep, probably felt like he needed to be funny. So he missed a few chances for real talk by trying to add jokes.

Not a bad ep, just a little off.

Scott and Neil on mic together is something greater than the sum of it's parts. What I mean is them being together just amplifies and synchronizes their goofy sense of humor and I love it.

• Like 4

I had just listened to the episode they did for the premiere of CBB TV (with Tim Heidecker, Andy Daly and Reggie Watts) and the Scott-Reggie dynamic was pretty much the exact same as it was here. Reggie is always emotionally detached and unprepared, and Scott's always jabbing him about it.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this