🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 86 — Ross Mathews, Our Close Friend

It was my bday Monday btw guys. =(

Also, I've decided to friend people on FB because apparently that's what Internet peeps do. I'm the portly Michael.

EDIT: nvm too spooky.

• Like 8

Happy birthday. Go for it on Facebook. It's not spooky at all. I'm

Alan Eagney

on it if you want to add me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one

9219416_orig.jpg

• Like 3

Found this archival footage from the original forumer meet up last summer. I remember the long nights in the warm Roman countryside drinking wine and laughing and crying and hugging. Valerie and Chanson had that little bit of a fight but they made up the next morning. Sean let Greggy sit on his lap. Oh, and the food. Oh mama mia the food. Hayes can really make a nice Bolognese sauce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1B4SJLwUg

• Like 15

Happy birthday everyone!

• Like 11

Found this archival footage from the original forumer meet up last summer. I remember the long nights in the warm Roman countryside drinking wine and laughing and crying and hugging. Valerie and Chanson had that little bit of a fight but they made up the next morning. Sean let Greggy sit on his lap. Oh, and the food. Oh mama mia the food. Hayes can really make a nice Bolognese sauce.

How was the shrimp scalapini?

now that'sa spicy meatball! hahahahahaha

• Like 6

was it valerie or was it the clown man?

• Like 2

valerie did the first (best) one

• Like 8

Hoo boy, I've been moving this week so I missed out on a lot of forum business. Gotta cram it all in now. I like Fallout, happy birthday Joe, lol to all the funny stuff. Phew, I'm exhausted! Anyways gtg, going to see ranranband and need to pick the right funny t-shirt to wear. C u l8r crocog8rs

• Like 18

Game of Caitlyn?

I don't know, guys, just spitballin here.

Jenner?

in another 3 hours of this livestream theres just going to be piles of guys holding microphones and going "WHOAAAA" when theres a butt onscreen

• Like 6

I had to skip the rotten tomotoes part of the podcast. I only eat heirloom. Please take this in to consideration next week fellas.

Mortified Nation

documentaries...I dont like them when they are about something current.

just show me the thing if the thing is still a thing! it should only be a documentary if the thing is gone. no cutsy music as the scenes change. no interviews.

i hate this, steveH. you are again a mortal enemy of mine.

A Bear is wonderful and you should all meet and hang out with him. Terrific in his human form, maybe even better as a bear.

I didn't get a picture so you'll just have to trust me but he didn't even wear a funny t shirt, if you can believe that!

Ok if anybody knows how late you can buy beer in Princeton NJ I know four people who would be keenly interested to know.

• Like 18

just show me the thing if the thing is still a thing! it should only be a documentary if the thing is gone. no cutsy music as the scenes change. no interviews.

I wonder how you would feel about a doc by Werner Herzog called Happy People. It's about trappers/hunters who live in deep Siberia with almost zero modern amenities. It might make the cut for your documentary criteria because it's not about a western social phenomenon you would hear about or have the potential to see. Plus it's of course narrated by Herzog which is always a good thing.

The docs about Chinese conceptual artist/dissident Ai Weiwei may fall into a similar exception.

Let's take mortal enemy-ness off the table if we could please.

• Like 1

I see you greggy and Chanson and July and David C on that livestream. I too preferred renting movies.

• Like 3

I want to make sure I understand this because your mind works in interesting ways.

So if anything is still a thing, you don't want it to be edited or produced in any way? So Hoop Dreams is no good because basketball is still a thing? It would be better if it was just a 3 hour unbroken shot of a basketball? What about Grizzly Man? Is that OK because the guy died or is it bad because bears are still a thing?

• Like 2

A Bear is wonderful and you should all meet and hang out with him. Terrific in his human form, maybe even better as a bear.

I didn't get a picture so you'll just have to trust me but he didn't even wear a funny t shirt, if you can believe that!

Ok if anybody knows how late you can buy beer in Princeton NJ I know four people who would be keenly interested to know.

You can get 6 packs at a bar until 1 or 2 I think, for like twice the price they should be. Better late than never

Hope you found your beer.

• Like 2