🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 86 — Ross Mathews, Our Close Friend

I wonder how you would feel about a doc by Werner Herzog called Happy People. It's about trappers/hunters who live in deep Siberia with almost zero modern amenities. It might make the cut for your documentary criteria because it's not about a western social phenomenon you would hear about or have the potential to see. Plus it's of course narrated by Herzog which is always a good thing.

The docs about Chinese conceptual artist/dissident Ai Weiwei may fall into a similar exception.

Let's take mortal enemy-ness off the table if we could please.

poachers are jokers. Leave the animals alone!

maybe ill check it out.

I want to make sure I understand this because your mind works in interesting ways.

So if anything is still a thing, you don't want it to be edited or produced in any way? So Hoop Dreams is no good because basketball is still a thing? It would be better if it was just a 3 hour unbroken shot of a basketball? What about Grizzly Man? Is that OK because the guy died or is it bad because bears are still a thing?

Are you calling me an s-tard?

Just because i prefer unbroken basketball instead of hops dreams.

You're right about Grizzle man, though. Dudes gone.

• Like 4

RanRan is an excellent person and her band is awesome. Cannot recommend hanging out with her enough. A+++++

• Like 12

I just listened yto greggy's PAW epi and you know what, I've never really rated TT before, I just thought he was a weird dude, but he's proper funny.

• Like 5

I wonder how you would feel about a doc by Werner Herzog called Happy People. It's about trappers/hunters who live in deep Siberia with almost zero modern amenities. It might make the cut for your documentary criteria because it's not about a western social phenomenon you would hear about or have the potential to see. Plus it's of course narrated by Herzog which is always a good thing.

The docs about Chinese conceptual artist/dissident Ai Weiwei may fall into a similar exception.

Let's take mortal enemy-ness off the table if we could please.

Happy People was supercool but I don't remember them being especially happy. I don't think they realized that they were in a frozen idyll with nothing but their dogs and personal values to sustain them. The permafrost is always greener, I guess. Maybe when it melts it will be a thing Game of Scones can appreciate.

maybe ill check it out.

Hoop Dreams should be cool already cuz (1) them kids ain't got b-ball careers anymore, (2) the specific b-balls shown in the film are all gone, and/or (3) the popular outrage sparked by the film made the b-ball industry stop exploiting young urban black men.

Or maybe just watch that Norwegian real-time show about logs or whatever?

• Like 8

Happy People was supercool but I don't remember them being especially happy. I don't think they realized that they were in a frozen idyll with nothing but their dogs and personal values to sustain them. The permafrost is always greener, I guess. Maybe when it melts it will be a thing Game of Scones can appreciate.

Hoop Dreams should be cool already cuz (1) them kids ain't got b-ball careers anymore, (2) the specific b-balls shown in the film are all gone, and/or (3) the popular outrage sparked by the film made the b-ball industry stop exploiting young urban black men.

Or maybe just watch that Norwegian real-time show about logs or whatever?

epic 1st post.

maybe ill check it out.

I have no quarrel with you sir. I'm just trying to learn your taste in movies so I can make better recommendations in the future.

IT'S SATURDAY. READY TO ROCK THE WORLD WITH THE BOOM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHQ_wWbG9Y

I have once again learned about something American from someone in the UK.

I love that they realize that the only way to get with the babes on the street is to play a basketball game, but not before some bro time in the bathroom.

I think the problem is that my brain is broken and I don't know what I like.

• Like 2

this is the only type of basketball anyone needs to see. shame netflix doesn't have the whole series

• Like 2

I'm actually awake for once when questions might be asked and nothing? This timezone has proved less than useful.

This week's guest is Don Mattingly.

• Like 3

This episode hurt pretty badly. Not only have Sheawn and Hayes still not acknowledged my donation, which was upwards of $115 CAD, but they've now stolen my donor/boner pun as well, which is REALLY funny and I invented it.

Apart from that the episode was cool and funny and very nice.

• Like 4

6YrKdZr.jpg

USA, get ready for me to be inside you.

• Like 23

Don, you've played the baseballs in both NY and LA. Don - which city more cool?

• Like 1

posting this here because Andrew told me too. I need more "like" fuel. Also, shhhhhh don't tell the boys I secretly made a t-shirt for myself. w5ZZ7Hz.jpg

• Like 24

Andy where are you going in america and why did you pick bawston

My T also features the classic yellow on blue combination. I went with a tighter fit to fully enhance my bulging torso:

ZvltKjF.jpg?1

• Like 13

Entourageathon was life-changing.

oh YEAH

• Like 11

Entourageathon was life-changing.
I hope someday I can do something as monumental as an entourageathon
  • Like 3