🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I remember thinking this movie was ok. But I tend to give anything with Michelle Monaghan in it a better chance.

• Like 1

This movie is insane. Although Michelle Monaghan gets an eternal pass for whatever garbage she ends up in after Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

• Like 1

As I recall, this was basically a low rent Michael Bay movie. And it features Shia right as he was about to hit peak Shia. I imagine there's plenty of fodder for the podcast.

Every time I try to picture this movie I cross it with Enemy of the State.

Every time I try to picture this movie I cross it with Enemy of the State.

Probably because it is Enemy of the State, except instead of a shadowy government organization watching everything we do it has a super AI watching everything we do.

This movie reminds me of Avatar in the sense that if a twin is ever working on something important and dies, dont worry. You can just sub a twin in with no reprocussions.

• Like 2

This movie reminds me of Avatar in the sense that if a twin is ever working on something important and dies, dont worry. You can just sub a twin in with no reprocussions.

Of course! I mean, if one dies, the other just inherits the power of the other and becomes some sort of being that's greater than either twin would have ever been on its own, even if the surviving twin was always the fuck-up. I imagine that it HAS to happen exactly like this...

• Like 2

Of course! I mean, if one dies, the other just inherits the power of the other and becomes some sort of being that's greater than either twin would have ever been on its own, even if the surviving twin was always the fuck-up. I imagine that it HAS to happen exactly like this...

Well when you're designing new technology you definitely want to make it so that if one person dies who doesnt have an identical twin handy, the system is null and void.

• Like 2

I wish I could forget about

. Perhaps it is a product of my dislike for Shia LaBeouf. 26% on Rotten Tomatoes. However, I would not consider the film to be "Bonkers".

Confession: I enjoyed this movie. But I've also got a big soft gushy spot in my heart for Shia. & Rosario Dawson

Sure, it's a little crazy but I think it's interesting that this came out years ahead of Snowden blowing the lid off the NSA... Not that big brother stuff was fresh and original in 2008 but its application to the plot combined with out-of-control AI tropes was pretty neat. Basically an movie length episode of black mirror with Shia.

Edit: Ruh-roh, existing thread, this'll get merged.

Edited by ElieB

Sign in to follow this