🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 111.5 — Minisode 111.5

On next week’s episode we will cover a space episode that takes place in the year 2015. This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Hercules in New York, casts Nicolas Cage as Pretzie, and plays a ScheeRL edition of Fuck, Mary, Kill as he answers your Qs!

People of the internet: Check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and ScheeRL on YouTube here:

I've been turning down chances to watch this because I thought it was just going to be bad bad. I guess I have to watch it now.

Edit: It was totally worth watching. Honestly I liked the movie but it is still great for this show. Can't wait to hear what they say about Redmayne's performance.

I am glad that I have an excuse to watch this, but I don't think it's on Redbox just yet. I didn't see it listed on the redbox app

She is a poor maid who is scrubbing toilets and lives in a heavily light polluted city. Why does she need a FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR telescope?!?!?!

• Like 1

Oh wow, I had already given a hard pass on Jupiter Ascending, it gave me this mediocre vibe... But ok, it's got Tatum and Kunis (if those are even their real names) so I guess I'll jerk off through it.

Btw, --SPOILER ALERT-- I thought we were doing TMNT2—that was the 2nd NY show, was it not? I sure hope I didn't watch that piece of unbearable crap for no reason...

P.S. I had started watching the backlog of the show. I've covered like 50%. Why am I doing this to myself?

Btw, --SPOILER ALERT-- I thought we were doing TMNT2—that was the 2nd NY show, was it not? I sure hope I didn't watch that piece of unbearable crap for no reason...

Ignoring the fact that TMNT 2 is amazing, they sometimes sit on live shows because those are already done. So when they have busy schedules and think they might have to miss a week or something, they'll hold onto this to fill in those gaps. I imagine that's what's happening here, since Paul mentioned in a recent ep that they're probably not all going to be able to be at the same place at the same time for a month or two. Don't worry; they'll still get to TMNT 2. It's probably just moved around because of scheduling.

Anyway, on to this movie. As Zouks would say, it's next level bonkers. I'm thirty minutes in and already have 4 pages of notes. The best way to describe it is The Matrix scenario of someone being taken out of their daily life mixed with the boringness of every Galactic Senate sequence in the SW prequels mixed with the 1993 rollerblading classic Airborne (which, btw, why has HDTGM not done yet?!)

I cannot wait for this episode. I'm so glad they didn't wait until Monday to announce this so I could watch it today!

• Like 1

Oh, one other thing. For anyone that's not aware, this site exists:

http://www.canistream.it/

Search for the movie name, and it will tell you where you can find it online. I don't know if it works outside of the US (I'd bet probably not), but I've used it for the last several movies, and it's been quite helpful.

Don't worry; they'll still get to TMNT 2. It's probably just moved around because of scheduling.

TMNT 2 and Hercules in New York were both recorded live on the same day by the way.

Alternate title for this film could be "Cinderella Carter of Jupiter," however that would inadequately convey just how many movies this film is a hodge podge of.

I just finished. So glad that I had a bunch of free time this morning to watch this movie. Wow. I am looking forward to hearing their take on that bureaucracy sequence.

Did anyone else get a King Koopa from Super Mario Bros vibe from Redmayne's character? Some of his minions felt sort of like Goombas. And part of me likes to think that this has a space opera Island of Dr. Moreau element to it.

My favorite line in the movie:

"I have more in common with a dog than with you"

"I love dogs, I've always loved dogs"

I think I know what June would have to say about that...

• Like 5

26 minutes into Jupiter Ascending and just wanted to say: Fuck this movie.

(My three year old is really digging this chase scene though. Maybe I'm just not this movie's audience)

• Like 2

TMNT 2 and Hercules in New York were both recorded live on the same day by the way.

Right. That's what I meant. If they have a week that they can't record a new episode in the studio, they have TMNT 2 ready to go. I'd imagine that's why they aren't playing it yet.

RedBox is used by people who complain that "there's NOTHING to watch on Netflix", meaning they can't watch whatever Happy Madison piece of shit that hit DVD that particular week.

• Like 1

I think Nic Cage being Pretzie makes "Leaving Las Vegas" the unofficial sequel, because that ending was darrrrrrrrrk.

• Like 1

http://www.podsurvey.com/hdtgm

can't figure out how to rig this survey so adult toy site, Adam and eve show up as a sponsor of the show.

anyone who listens to WTF, with Marc Maron knows how funny that can be having a odd ball sponsor.

Jason Mantzoukas should pre-record all the ads. ;)

PlanBFromOuterSpace- this movie doesn't need nic cage. it's perfect all on it's own.

there you go,

2hec1fl.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, Jupiter Ascending. So what's my take on it?

giphy.gif

(Thank God, Rifftrax just released Rock N Roll Nightmare with Jon Mikl Thor. That should be a nice palette cleanser.)

Also, to anyone who has not watched Jupiter Ascending yet, subtitles are going to be your best friend. Half the words are still nonsense, but at least you wont drive yourself crazy wondering if you misheard them or if it what they just said really was that ridiculous.

• Like 4

Jupiter Ascending is the best movie since The Matrix Revolutions.

• Like 2

Watched the movie just now... I checked out when Sean Bean said "bees are genetically designed to recognize royalty". Seriously, I felt for him at that moment, no one should be reduced to this, there are better jobs... Saw the rest but I have no idea what happened, who was against whom or even who am I... Also, Eddie Redmayne needs to give back that Oscar asap!

• Like 3

http://www.podsurvey.com/hdtgm

can't figure out how to rig this survey so adult toy site, Adam and eve show up as a sponsor of the show.

anyone who listens to WTF, with Marc Maron knows how funny that can be having a odd ball sponsor.

Jason Mantzoukas should pre-record all the ads. ;)/>

PlanBFromOuterSpace- this movie doesn't need nic cage. it's perfect all on it's own.

there you go,

2hec1fl.jpg

Oh, believe me, I was the first to say that Nic Cage would not be an improvement!

Watched the movie just now... I checked out when Sean Bean said "bees are genetically designed to recognize royalty". Seriously, I felt for him at that moment, no one should be reduced to this, there are better jobs... Saw the rest but I have no idea what happened, who was against whom or even who am I... Also, Eddie Redmayne needs to give back that Oscar asap!

*ahem*

"NOT THE BEES!"

Thank you...

• Like 5

RedBox is used by people who complain that "there's NOTHING to watch on Netflix", meaning they can't watch whatever Happy Madison piece of shit that hit DVD that particular week.

The irony being that Sandler's next four movies are direct to Netflix releases.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll step up to the public mockery and admit I use Redbox from time to time. Sometimes Netflix takes a looooong time to get certain releases and Redbox is still pretty damn cheap (like 1.50 for a Bluray).

You also have to remember that not everyone has high speed internet. I'm temporarily living in an area with awful internet services, and when I watch stuff on Hulu/Amazon/Netflix it's guaranteed to stutter & freeze about 50% of the time.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this