🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 355 — Kid Detectives

No worries. It's all good. Plenty of room for balldroids.

to be honest I was afraid of getting you guys confused.

• Like 1

I gotta say, as a long time listener, that this was a let-down episode. There were a lot of really good laughs and I am glad that they were able to turn it in to a complete plot but Middleditch and Lapkus both seemed really uncomfortable in these characters. It was really forced. There was a lot of "...uh, yeah...um... well, like I was saying...." type stalling and some really painful complete abortions of bits. I love both of these people but these characters could use some work.

Not everyone can be PFT and have such a beautiful thought-stream in character. Not everyone can be Paul Brittain and Taran Killam and know how to roll without any pre planning.

to be honest I was afraid of getting you guys confused.

The way to keep us straight is to remember my avatar is just a cake.

• Like 2

"We've never had sex... That's my sister! We've only finger-banged! I've only jerked him off!"

"You're 10!"

"So? She's 11! YEAH! Kid's gotta get it on! If there's one thing we know, it's 'Kids gotta get it on!'"

==

After hearing this episode, I've never going to be able to view "Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero" the same way again, Mr. Middleditch. It's going to be about a thousand times better whenever I tune in knowing that Murphy O'Malloran is voicing the titular Disney character, lol

:P

Cum on you later! In your nightmares!

• Like 1

I gotta say, as a long time listener, that this was a let-down episode. There were a lot of really good laughs and I am glad that they were able to turn it in to a complete plot but Middleditch and Lapkus both seemed really uncomfortable in these characters. It was really forced. There was a lot of "...uh, yeah...um... well, like I was saying...." type stalling and some really painful complete abortions of bits. I love both of these people but these characters could use some work.

Not everyone can be PFT and have such a beautiful thought-stream in character. Not everyone can be Paul Brittain and Taran Killam and know how to roll without any pre planning.

Correct, not everyone can be PFT. Didn't get a vibe that they were uncomfortable though. I thought the stuttering/stalling just became part of them playing characters that were kids. I loved the episode. Hearing Lauren Lapkus say fucked up shit will never not be funny.

• Like 5

The way to keep us straight is to remember my avatar is just a cake.

say, uh, that wouldn't be a cinnamon cake would it?

• Like 3

god I hate it when improv doesn't sound scripted.

• Like 8

maybe three cameras and a studio audience?

• Like 1

So did Scott just miss LL and TM's early attempts to point toward their dad as the killer, or was he consciously not following them down that route? He's usually pretty sharp about seizing on stuff like that within the improv, so it was weird.

It was 100% intentional. He picked up on it and directed them towards it but then changed his mind and so did they. Half way through the episode it just went wonderfully nutso

• Like 1

So did Scott just miss LL and TM's early attempts to point toward their dad as the killer, or was he consciously not following them down that route? He's usually pretty sharp about seizing on stuff like that within the improv, so it was weird.

After hearing Andy Daly talk with Paul F. Tompkins about his multitude of characters who NEVER BEGAN AS SUICIDAL (see below) and then get pushed into it because of Scott's M.O., I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit about where his friends may want to take things if he has something far more disruptive in mind :P

http://youtu.be/YQcnibzBDeg?t=12m44s

^^ poor August Lindt. Also, a few details on Andy Daly's Podcast Pilot Project next season, whenever it comes down the line.

I actually can't think of him picking up on it very often, outside of some PFT appearances (if Santa Claus wants to fight, Scott will definitely antagonize him, lol). Usually though, he seems to just want to unbalance everyone and force them into territory they don't want to go - at least with people he knows can handle it and take things ever more crazy. This is how poor Marissa Wompler began as a cute, bubbly 14 year old girl and turned into a immortal 16 year old hairy, upside down pyramid shaped, gross troll - because he kept pushing her and she kept rolling with it to find the next funny line of logic.

• Like 4

say, uh, that wouldn't be a cinnamon cake would it?

I think it's actually orange flavoring. Apparently there was some gunplay involved in making it.

• Like 1

Clarifying HBOs current offerings with regards to Scott's inquiry to Tom.

• HBO:GO
    • Available for free through your cable provider

• HBO:NOW
    • Available for computers without needing a cable subscription

• HBO:YOU GO NOW!
    • Only available in Asia but you can't purchase anything and you have to leave the store.

Clarifying HBOs current offerings with regards to Scott's inquiry to Tom.

• HBO:GO
    • Available for free through your cable provider

• HBO:NOW
    • Available for computers without needing a cable subscription

• HBO:YOU GO NOW!
    • Only available in Asia but you can't purchase anything and you have to leave the store.

maybe your 2nd post will be better.

EDIT> really if you can't top hbo fat-natties just leave it be.

• Like 2

maybe your 2nd post will be better.

EDIT> really if you can't top hbo fat-natties just leave it be.

Yeah, it's definitely Carlos Mencia quality but.. Not every riff is a home run.

Kudos for "Yes, and ... you suck at teh internet"

Cutting edge improv on the podcast AND in the forums. *clapclap*

• Like 3

Just dropping in to say that after almost 15 months of listening to the CBB backlog, I have made it back to this, the first episode I ever listened to, and am now COMPLETELY CURRENT on all of the eps. I figured I'd give this one a 2nd listen and I am, once again, unsuccessfully stifling bursts of laughter at work.

Sign in to follow this