🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 30 - Brendon Small: Film Chat with Adalwolf Ditmar

Guten tag! It's time for another episode of Film Chat with Adalwolf Ditmar (Brendon Small), the premier film chat show for those who appreciate the "key of G". This week, the new head of the Board of Directors for the American Film Institute stops by for a chat. This wonderful "unicorn of a woman" explains what current films should be added to the archives, the underrated glory of 'Desolation of Smaug', and her constant drooling. Then later Traci Reardon stops by to answer Twitter questions for "Help Me Rhonda!"

Still not up on the main site? It's a good thing I checked the rss feed or I'd be yelling a lot of things at July I'd feel sorry about later.

• Like 3

Not sure how I feel about the accent work in this episode haha

• Like 4

brendon small should be knighted. or whatever they do to people to honor them in whatever country he is supposed to be from.

• Like 1

Is it weird that I felt proud watching the clip of Lauren on the Today show?

Yes.

• Like 6

German and English are not the same thing

they're actually very similar. germanic languages and whatnot.

• Like 1

Donken glonken globen.

• Like 1

Handtuch kann nicht für andere Zwecke verwendet werden, oder es brennt Sie.

exactly the same.

It always blows my mind how Brendan so rarely breaks. And usually when he does, like at the very end of this ep, he somehow manages to do it in character.

Haha Oh man, I was dying at how Brendon would start a sentence sounding very Victor-esque, then go into a German accent, then transmogrify into something that to me sounded Australian-y, then back to German. It happened so frequently that I started obsessing over whether it was a conscious choice or not.

• Like 3

Haha Oh man, I was dying at how Brendon would start a sentence sounding very Victor-esque, then go into a German accent, then transmogrify into something that to me sounded Australian-y, then back to German. It happened so frequently that I started obsessing over whether it was a conscious choice or not.

most europeans who speak english very fluently do it with a bit of a british accent. pretty spot-on imo.

My disappointment that this wasn't a Victor & Tiny episode dissolved pretty quickly once it got going. Brendon Small and LL are a great team! I still have high hopes for a future Victor & Tiny appearance. Also a conspiracy podcast starring a certain former governor would be a dream come true...

• Like 1

My disappointment that this wasn't a Victor & Tiny episode dissolved pretty quickly once it got going. Brendon Small and LL are a great team! I still have high hopes for a future Victor & Tiny appearance. Also a conspiracy podcast starring a certain former governor would be a dream come true...

This episode was awesome.

I also hope for a repeat with him as V & T. The absolute best would be to hear Victor doing a podcast about Dune, based on his love for the film. I could die happy.

• Like 1

The absolute best would be to hear Victor doing a podcast about Dune, based on his love for the film. I could die happy.

I didn't even think of that, but I'm right there with you. I love Dune, the novels and the movie (and miniseries), so I agree with you 100%. That would be one of the best things ever.

• Like 1

I still have high hopes for a future Victor & Tiny appearance.

Unless they've gotten better at recording I'm not sure I could take a full hour of one of their podcasts.

• Like 7

Scandinavian to Sweedish and back again :P

Oh man, the accent was so beautifully fluid. He full on started as Victor, then morphed between German, Swedish, English, Australian, and he'd take a breath and switch accents again... so fun.

I thought it was going to be a podcast hosted by Victor (hopefully with better sound quality than the first one) when the episode first started.

• Like 1