🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 356 — Heynong Man

Wow! What an honour to have my plugs theme played with such amazing guests.

Thank you to the engineer who picked it, this was a grepisode from tip to taint.

The bar was so high before my theme came on, I hope I don't come off as a stain on the underpants of this grep ;)

:D

• Like 9

On the fun scale, Mantzoukas hassling Scott on CBB is right up there with Mantzoukas breaking apart something off-the-wall that June says on HDTGM.

• Like 7

The fact that you exist is BLOWIN MY MIND MAAAAAN

I thought the plugs theme sounded like early Ween doing Tom Waits.

Also, I recently tried to turn some of my friends onto podcasts, cause they were watching the CBB TV show, and I was like "hey, you guys should check it out, there's a whole weird world of this stuff"

My friend said "oh yeah, podcasts. What's that one, about the murder? Someone was telling me about that"

"Serial, yeah, that's an NPR thing. I've heard it's really good. But I'm really into these comedy ones, like Comedy Bang Bang, then there's this weird spin-off podcast with Adam Scott where they only talk about U2, but they never really talk about U2, then there's an entire podcast of the guy who plays Dalton Wilcox"

"Hm, yeah, that sounds interesting, I'll have to check that out"

A couple of days later, my friend says "Hey man, just want you to know that I went and downloaded Serial, and it's fucking GOOD. Thanks for that."

That's the story of how I accidentally got my friend to listen to Serial.

This is hilarious. Tell your friend to listen to this ep. Tell him, it too is about murder, cause they just fuckin' killed it!

• Like 6

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have to re-listen right now!

oh that's good cause i was about to tell you i wasn't really going to put much effort into finding it i more just wanted to say Heynong Man. ;)

• Like 2

oh that's good cause i was about to tell you i wasn't really going to put much effort into finding it i more just wanted to say Heynong Man. ;)

THDM

Too Heynong Didn't Man

• Like 1

I thought the plugs theme sounded like early Ween doing Tom Waits.

I'm not familiar with Ween but love me some TW :D

• Like 1

This was so, so good. Things I particularly love:

- Jason's super-high-pitched wheezing laughter

- Paul's palpable delight anytime Jason challenges Scott

- Knowing there would be a bunch of fan art in this thread, and still being amazed by it

• Like 7

Celebrate Mem Day with Nick Swardson as tells us all about what it’s like touring in the bus that Alice Cooper, the groundbreaking topics he covers in his new stand-up special “Taste It,” and life on the West side of LA. Then, Bernie Sanders, junior U.S. Senator from Vermont, stops by to talk about economic justice and the changes that will occur in America if he were elected to be President. Later, personal productivity expert Jacob Cloudy arrives to offer everyone tips on how to maximize their day to day activities. Plus, Bernie shows off his filibuster skills as Would You Rather returns!

The INFAMOUS mem day blurb

• Like 4

this was one of the funniest episodes i have heard in a long time. i loved the def leppard song portion way more than i should have. c+!

• Like 4

This was an absolute delight. ooooooh weeeee

• Like 4

ween songs i need to hear every so often.

Great songs.

I guess the Ween era I had in mind was Pure Guava era where all the guitars always had that out-of-phase sound to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIEj9zEt_cs

Thank you FaceLikeThunder, for inadvertently giving me a reason to go back and listen to Ween songs. I haven't kicked out their jams in a while.

(sorry don't know how to embed, I'm too busy doing cool jock stuff)

• Like 3

Great songs.

I guess the Ween era I had in mind was Pure Guava era where all the guitars always had that out-of-phase sound to them.

oh right, you mean the era i completely skipped over. oops.

• Like 1

cut paste - remove 's' from https

• Like 1

Just wanna say, huge props to PFT for the unnoticed reference to David E. Kelley's yellow legal pad. I expected nothing less from the moment he said he's writing everything longhand. A true master, I salute you sir!

• Like 8

The INFAMOUS mem day blurb

i stand by it

• Like 13

Great songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIEj9zEt_cs

Thank you FaceLikeThunder, for inadvertently giving me a reason to go back and listen to Ween songs. I haven't kicked out their jams in a while.

(sorry don't know how to embed, I'm too busy doing cool jock stuff)

Hah, you're welcome! Thank you for introducing me to a neat band that I've drawn some unbeknownst inspiration from ;)

I want to express what a tremendously nervous feeling of anxiety I have knowing that these people I respect and love are forced to endure 40 seconds of my plugs theme. Especially after Zouks had just spent well over an hour ripping on Scott, to have the theme start and get an "Oh no." from Zouks and an "Ooh boi" from Auks made my hands sweat.

• Like 3

holy shit. greatest of all time plugs section. great song FLT.

• Like 3