🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 356 — Heynong Man

After listening to it again, is Scott confusing Mike the Janitor and the Ghost of Richard Harrow when he mentioned keeping up with pyramid news? The only time I remember pyramid news being mentioned was when Ghost of Richard Harrow was talking about pyramid news where Bret Michaels had all the drunk women build him a pyramid in the yard.

• Like 1

hey Bernie Sanders' son, I'm not sure if this is an attempt at comedy but if it is you've gone too far for it to be comedy.

Besides, your suits are off base because this is called "Talkin' 'Tang", not "Talkin' Tang"

• Like 2

hey Bernie Sanders' son, I'm not sure if this is an attempt at comedy but if it is you've gone too far for it to be comedy.

Besides, your suits are off base because this is called "Talkin' 'Tang", not "Talkin' Tang"

Good point. I forgot about that. And, my Wikipedia entry has met criteria for speedy deletion. Oh, well. Off to do something worthwhile with my life.

• Like 2

i'm not gonna like, but kinda won me over with the bud grant reference. talkin' 'sota was his cable access show for years here.

• Like 1

very rare early lyrics version.

Hey Nong, don't make it man,

Take a catchphrase and make it better

• Like 3

After listening to it again, is Scott confusing Mike the Janitor and the Ghost of Richard Harrow when he mentioned keeping up with pyramid news? The only time I remember pyramid news being mentioned was when Ghost of Richard Harrow was talking about pyramid news where Bret Michaels had all the drunk women build him a pyramid in the yard.

Well, Zouks was also on that ep. Texter also happened that ep if memory serves.

On my third listen. Such a grep. But I think somebody like Cameron Esposito could have added something.

• Like 1

absolutely loved all of this, but especially PFT and Zouks ganging up on Scott

There are many parts of this episode that I really enjoyed, but this is the one I came here to comment on. There was something about their combined incredulity that really made me laugh, shutting down so many Classic Scott Moments before they even had a chance to simmer and/or stew. Mantzoukas is a great co-host and truly would make a great successor to Scott in the event of his untimely death, which is apparently pretty soon, as long as the J-Man agrees to play along with every bit and jump on every single possible pun. He seems to share a similar good memory and sensibility with Scott, he just chooses the dark side (or maybe he's the good guy?) when it comes to each potential moment for a joke.

• Like 4

There are many parts of this episode that I really enjoyed, but this is the one I came here to comment on. There was something about their combined incredulity that really made me laugh, shutting down so many Classic Scott Moments before they even had a chance to simmer and/or stew.

I loved how it built over the episode; the first couple times PFT indicated that Scott was off his game his mistakes seemed kind of minor but as he and Zouks got into Scott's head he was reduced to a stuttering mess by the end of the episode. The funny thing is, Scott did seem slightly off his game at times (at least early on, he might have been playing it up later) but instead of it making for just a C ep, the guests spun it into gold, putting Hey Nyong Man squarely in C+ territory.

• Like 4

Jason clearly but quietly says starting at 51:55:

"...but I do say Reese's Pieces."

PRONOUNCED THE PROPER WAY.

I think Maron has a bit about being at a dead show and taking too much acid and some old hippy telling him to "Hang on man!". This episode and that bit got mixed up in my head and I made a shirt that may not be relevant.

vNGI4l6.png?1

• Like 8

I think Maron has a bit about being at a dead show and taking too much acid and some old hippy telling him to "Hang on man!". This episode and that bit got mixed up in my head and I made a shirt that may not be relevant.

That shirt is amazing.

I think Scott was actually legitimately thinking Def Leppard sings "Pyromaniac" in the first verse. It's actually "Just-a pyromania, come on" but it could be interpreted as "Just a pyromaniac, come on"

He was def off thinking there is a song called "Pyromania" on the album, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjcjpQzceQ

great 1st post!

here's some help with your defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_6x7_1bxU

don't make em like that anymore.

According to Mike the Janitor this is real

I think you could make a solid-length episode "best of" that's just a supercut of the Time Keeper and every time they said Hey Nong Man on this one.

Also, the ceebeebies used to sell a talking tang, a cursory google search has proven to me

HEYNONG MAN!

Relistening to this ep because Im excited to get my shirt.

All joking a salad: I honestly think Mantzoukas would be a wonderful fit to take over if Scott should parish.

But it sounds like Scott is cool to the idea of someone taking over the TV show and not so much the podcast.

I think Zouks would be an awesome fit for that too.

I just dont want to think about a day without CBB. Im sad now. Im going to press play so I can be happy. Oh and Heynong Man.

I thought that it was a reference to JW Stillwater and/or his father? Wasn't there a pyramid thing in that ep?