🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 356 — Heynong Man

"Someone call DW Griffith, because I'm intolerant of that joke" made me laugh hard.

Also, apparently I'm late with this, but:

Hey ning there_zpscensnfol.png

• Like 9

It's critically important that every time somebody misspeaks it becomes a tshirt.

Waitin' on somebody to make "Herculay's Potato Chips".

• Like 3

Heynong man, why are none of us addressing Mike the Janitor's very cogent point about his erroneous CBB wiki entry due to Scott's inability to remember nor clearly communicate Mike's canon to the listeners?

If you click on Mike the Janitor's name on Paul F. Tompkins' page, it leads to Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber's page, wherein is this description of Mike:

He occasionally suffers bouts of amnesia and thinks he is Mike the Janitor. Mike is a fan of Mixed Martial Arts, American Football and has no memory of ever being in a theater, never mind being a musical director. He is a janitor who works cleaning up filth; all he asks for in return is a simple paycheck. He is a former Harvard math professor.

Mike's name is a hotlink in that paragraph, and when you click it you are redirected to ALW's page again. Pretty insulting!

• Like 2

When the trio went into stoner voices heading into plugs I was rooting for a "Heybong man"

Also, agreed that plug song had a great mix of Tom Waits and Van Morrison. I don't think I have seen two things mesh together so well since Ree-See the Candyman made his Pee-Sees.

• Like 3

I refrained from listening to this episode, as I was trying to save it for a "rainy day,"

Trying to do such a thing was an awful error on my part, & I gave in this afternoon.

Listened to this episode at work, & around 4 people came up to my desk to ask me if I was okay. That is how hard I was laughing & wheezing, and probably making a general ass out of myself. Oh sweet lord, it was the best!

Everything about this episode was perfect & delightful. Jason Mantzoukas is literally one of my most favorite people on the planet. He could be on any podcast, or in any project, & I'd immediately listen to/watch it. Hearing Jason & PFT give Scott shit was amazing. I probably rewound the E.T. "no homo" bit 20 times. Mike The Janitor is becoming one of my favorite PFT characters. I can't wait to hear how all of Mike's campaigns turned out!

Probably going to save this episode forever for when I need a good laugh after a bummer day at work, & need to torture my co-workers with my laughter.

That's what they get for putting me in an office where there aren't any fucking windows!

(CBB Weather Report?)

• Like 4

As much as I love Hot Saucerman, it is so much fun hearing a couple other bros that I also love pick on him. The "E.T. no homo" bit was pretty solid though.

I think the E.T. bit nearly killed me!

I was laughing hysterically!

• Like 1

Waitin' on somebody to make "Herculay's Potato Chips".

QPo67Up.jpg

• Like 8

This is a great example of how the show is better when no one is promoting anything. Such a loose vibe but every moment was occupied by something funny.

Heynong man

• Like 1

One of the best eps ever. I kept visualizing it as three words, and was imagining a shirt that just read HEY NONG MAN.

I can see a showdown between Mike the janitor and Werner Herzog, to decide the fate of garbage island. Werner would surely want made made plastic to overcome the disgusting nature of the ocean.

Also, if Zouks co-hosts, I'm sure he could coax... *deep breath*

Cake Boss, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Ice-T, John C. Reilly, John Lithgow, Santa, Len Wiseman, Alan Thicke, J.W Stillwater, The Pie Minister, Jarles, the ghost of Richard Harrow, Reverend Parsimony, Mister Brainwash, Russel Shien, Roger Moore, J.D Salinger and The Monsignor Damien Fearnly to show up and pick sides. Heynong man.

Amazing "Talkin' 'Tang" art this week. They were revolting and I loved them.

• Like 2

Big ups to people of all stars and stripes!

I love it when Jason is on, because he causes Scott to have so many strokes :lol:

• Like 4

Wow! What an honour to have my plugs theme played with such amazing guests.

Thank you to the engineer who picked it, this was a grepisode from tip to taint.

The bar was so high before my theme came on, I hope I don't come off as a stain on the underpants of this grep ;)

:D

Dude, that was a seriously impressive Tom Waits growl. I dug it.

• Like 2

Best times when Scott got piled on, aka "Are you proud of that?"

• Pyromaniac
  • Someone call Griffith
  • On mic/Mike
  • High-five
  • The Help. Great movie
  • Anna FundMe
  • Full sex change for "Undercover Boss"
  • Big ups to people of all stars and stripes
  • Prossibly
  • Credits
  • Herculays/Reese's Pieces
  • ET No Homo
  • Species Piecies
  • That's my dream
  • All right guys, what do I want to plug?
  • Permission granted, but watch yourself counselor
  • ...and that's fun, right?
  • Netflix theory
  • "Ooh, gotta put this in a movie" (Jean Claude Van Damme)
  • I forgot a couple of things I wanted to plug
  • Putting my thumb downwards towards the earth

• Like 5

Dude, that was a seriously impressive Tom Waits growl. I dug it.

Thank you! :D allow me to bathe in that for a minute!

Heynong man, why are none of us addressing Mike the Janitor's very cogent point about his erroneous CBB wiki entry due to Scott's inability to remember nor clearly communicate Mike's canon to the listeners?

If you click on Mike the Janitor's name on Paul F. Tompkins' page, it leads to Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber's page, wherein is this description of Mike:

Mike's name is a hotlink in that paragraph, and when you click it you are redirected to ALW's page again. Pretty insulting!

Could this be a clue to "Time Bobby 4" in the near future!?!??!! *tin foil hat*

• Like 2

PFT is one of the smartest, funniest people alive, but I enjoyed Heynong Man more before he kinda tried to steer it into a specific lane. Heynong Man needs to be free to offroad it if necessary. Metaphors. Wheels. "Heynong, Heynong, Heynong on a river" -- CCR.

Even as a Canadian I would definitely still enjoy a "Big ups! to people of all stars and stripes" tee

• Like 5

"The Widow Kulap" is my new favourite p-cast reference. So funny every time Zouks said it.

Also, I love any appearance by Mike the Janitor. So glad he was on this one.

The Widow Kulap sounds like it should be an English prestige drama that airs on PBS. This somehow makes the joke even better for me.

• Like 5

Also I made this:

heynongsloopy_zps46jrzckn.jpg

How dare you make me hear this in my head for the rest of the day?

• Like 1