🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 88 — Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

I watched the chat and at 1.5 speed it actually feels like you guys have a nice flow going.

My thoughts:

A Bear has a brgrho vibe. His Melissa McCarthy should be the new Bond comment is v brg. A Bear is like the offspring of Paul Newman and Frank Sinatra -- or some non-famous guy with great hair and a disc jockey with a commanding voice.

Rod Aug looks like my stoner ex. Do not get dreadlocks, Dave, they will not look good on you.

Just Add Pepper is precious and I like that he has suffered (in the form of being mistaken for a woman in drive-thrus).

Rachel/popgoestheweiselquist is a regular Chanson what with all her opinions on things I know nothing about. And her Australian accent is tops.

I cast Souprman appropriately in my horror script because he was definitely the harbinger of doom in the chat. And, buddy, in the next hangout I'm gonna need you to turn on a lamp. Because right now, based on the tint of your video, I'm confident you're gonna die of a drug overdose.

Houston is one of those metalhead intellectuals.

Btw Chanson, I have stolen a ton in the past. A TON. And I don't give a fuck, rich boy. *speeds away on my stolen Razor scooter*

WAIT A SECOND. I object to being labeled a "regular Chanson". Please reconsider, Valerie. I will do anything.

• Like 7

You guys hear about this serious Jon Stewart video? Somebody needs to get that guy one of those Keep Calm and Be Funny shirts. You said at the beginning that's your only job Jon! But then what you say isn't funny at all!!!

Confusing.

The lessons in this episode were so good.

Edit: Oh this was good use of a 200th post. Top notch stuff

• Like 18

@anastasia

Are those available for purchase somewhere ? Or are u trying to keep them super exclusive

@anastasia

Are those available for purchase somewhere ? Or are u trying to keep them super exclusive

We just printed a few and gave them all out already. Sorry. Earwolf needs to step up its game and make some shirts already.

PS - Other people made rad shirts too, like Brgrho and Velvet Revolver and Nico. http://samschillinghyphen.tumblr.com/post/106521173066/hollywood-handbook-t-shirt-design-i-made

• Like 3

WAIT A SECOND. I object to being labeled a "regular Chanson". Please reconsider, Valerie. I will do anything.

You fell into her trap. Now you're fucked.

• Like 3

That t shirt is several flame emojis. Must cop

• Like 5

I am listening to the hangout now and I appreciate being shouted out early on. I do not appreciate being told to go F off though!!! :angry: I will try real hard to make the next one

• Like 9

i have nothing but love for you

• Like 7

So this was on our local news station the other day.

I was like "Why is Blake Anderson on our local news... Someone should fire his press people"

and then it ended up being a terrible idea, like I imagined.

• Like 7

So this was on our local news station the other day.

I was like "Why is Blake Anderson on our local news... Someone should fire his press people"

and then it ended up being a terrible idea, like I imagined.

Haha I saw that! Hello fellow Cincinnatian.

Is your favorite part of the Queen City the terrible air quality or the disgusting meat mush that we call chili?

• Like 3

chicknsandwich why do you choose to live in a city that you hate?

Don't have time to watch the whole hangout so I'll just assume I was discussed at length. Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I guess I will post pictures of me + Lydon and me + Mean Detective soon. Not yet. Think of this as the teaser for that post.

• Like 14

Wow lots of Ohio represented here.

I'm from the Youngstown area myself.

• Like 2

I'm just playin it's a nice place. Good to see some Ohio peeps up in this place!

Don't have time to watch the whole hangout so I'll just assume I was discussed at length. Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I guess I will post pictures of me + Lydon and me + Mean Detective soon. Not yet. Think of this as the teaser for that post.

RanRan, you're not dressed properly for the Teaser Freezer! You'll catch a cold!

• Like 1

The thread is a little slow so I thought I'd pop by to continue my The Secret protocol:

Love to have Chelsea Peretti guest on this little show.

Unrelated, I learned the easy way if you're invited to a wedding rehearsal dinner, prepare a speech! I was just the date, but boy there were some bad sounds coming off many cuffs

Much love gang!

• Like 6

Do you guys have a process that you listen to HH? I hear some people listen at the gym or on the way to work.

I like to sit down in my comfy chair with my Bosse headphones and spark up a big ol' cannabis cigar. IT puts me in a yellowmellow mood that not only enhances my experience with the podcast, but also the effects of the adderall I snort intermittently. I feel it helps me keep up and take good notes (#scooptroop). On my side stand, I keep a large plate of camembert and a tall glass of Jalapeno Lime-Arita MD 20/20. The two flavors dance in my mouth to the beat of the Popcorn Gallery theme song and it's just orgastic.

Thanks for the insight!!

• Like 9

earbud headphones

couch

laptop

one hand on the mouse, the other hand on my *redacted*

• Like 7

earbud headphones

couch

laptop

one hand on the mouse, the other hand on my *redacted*

What is a redacted? Is it fun? I think I want one.

Nevermind, I forgot.

Edited by goo0se
  • Like 2

forget the redacted - what are you doing to that mouse?

• Like 6

Rod Aug looks like my stoner ex. Do not get dreadlocks, Dave, they will not look good on you.

Hmm I hadn't thought about getting dreads, I feel like they would fit the persona of "cool accountant" that I've been striving for. Thanks for the idea!

• Like 9

Ok well today I watched inside out and I hope the HH Boys talk about it and how it made me cry the whole time and how maybe Pixar movies are not for kids but really for adults and God it was so good PS some real good teasers #minionsmovie, anyone?

Also my ideal guest is Paul f Tompkins, once again

• Like 8

Also guys (I know it's early im on a red eye bus) but I was just in Boston visiting a friend

6YcMRhq.jpg

And we visited Hayes's historical childhood home. I would give it a 10/10, very interesting, except the lines were a little long and it was such a touristy attraction. But the fire truck was great and I got great insight into what nurtured such a genius

• Like 17

Guess whose mom scored tickets to 2015 US Open, which just so happens to be located at beautiful Chambers Bay park and golf course in University Place, WA (one of Dreidel's favorite places to shit).

No, she's not taking me, her first and only child, with her. But she is giving me the privilege of driving her and waking up at 4:00AM, which is why I'm writing this. So, Mom, if you read this, I hope you start dating a famous golfer today because I'm over this shit.

Maybe if you took your son to fancy world championship sporting events he wouldn't feel the need to make internet friends on a podcast forum. So who's laughing now, mom?

• Like 21