🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 237 — The Trans-Millennial

We kick of this episode of Who Charted with three the things that any non-millennial must do in order to consider themselves a "trans-milennial." Then, Kulap and Howard welcome to the show SNL alum and stand up comedian Brooks Wheelan. Brooks talks about the beauty of mountains, the proper way to drink a "Dew," and why cassettes are the new MP3's! Also, the gang discusses how Jurassic World managed to have the second best opening weekend on record. Later, Brooks reveals the ultimate Halloween character, provided your cool with getting removed from every party you attend.

• Like 1

Sorry to be a pedant, but "Milennial" has a very specific definition: someone who came of age, or turned 18, after the turn of the milennium; thus, anybody born in or since 1982. As far as "trans-milennial," well, I suppose that term might be a little more loosely defined. ;)

• Like 1

Brooks' Howard definitely had a dash of Lee involved but it completely killed me. Please Brooks, join Howard for this whole East coast tour and open the Boston show with pure unadulterated Howard impression

• Like 5

Jesus, Howard, it's just bread and meat! Brooks cracked me up when he said Howard might've been touched by a sub. Great episode.

• Like 1

If you are going to be at the Bell House I would throw down the gauntlet to that friend of space/enemy of the ocean Neil Degrasse Tyson to debate you. He has done shows there so I would call him out!

• Like 1

Sorry to be a pedant, but "Milennial" has a very specific definition: someone who came of age, or turned 18, after the turn of the milennium; thus, anybody born in or since 1982. As far as "trans-milennial," well, I suppose that term might be a little more loosely defined. ;)

There is no commonly agreed upon start date for Millennials. Some academics use 1980, some use 1982 and others go as far as 1985.

• Like 2

Howard is so dead-pan that it's easy to forget that he's making fun of the transracial stuff rather than just being insensitive towards actual trans* folks.

Edit: Actually, I can never tell, really.

• Like 1

It felt like things kinda got a little antagonistic between Brooks & Howard beginning with the sub sandwich discussion, & I loved it. The fact that he's a genuine Millenial makes Brooks a solid foil for Howard & I hope they have him back again.

SUB THOUGHT

Subs've been bastardized by Subway's obsession with bread. $5 is a nice, round number to pay for lunch, but not when you realize almost all of what you're eating is 25 cents' worth of yeast with some seasonings mixed in. My rule of thumb: if it wouldn't make a good salad, don't be fooled by the bread costume. This is why a true, authentic italian sub is acceptable, cuz if you take out all the guts & meat, you'd still eat that shit in a bowl without the bread.

Howard is hitting the East coast and not doing a show in his beloved home state of NEW JERSEY? For shame!

• Like 1

Between no guest last week and a guest who is a friend of his this week, we're getting some raw, unadulterated Howard on Twooch and I love it.

• Like 4

I really liked this guest, wow loving to hear the guest ripping into Howard in a friendly way. One of the best episodes this year :)

• Like 1

With the exception of lots and lots of weed, I'm not really that big of a drug guy.

That being said, I'm going to screenshot the time on my phone the next time I take some see-the-devil drugs.

Thanks, Brooks Wheelan's impression of Howard!

• Like 1

There is no commonly agreed upon start date for Millennials. Some academics use 1980, some use 1982 and others go as far as 1985.

Well, according to Strauss and Howe, who introduced the term as it's currently used, 1982 is pretty specific; hence the word "milennial" itself. Other writers and analysts have applied a more nebulous definition of the generation, but usually apply a different terminology as well ("Generation Y," "Echo Boomers," etc). But "milennial" itself is a specific term with a specific meaning.

Nobody uses those other terms anymore. When millennial won the name battle, it pretty much lost any hard and fast dates.

• Like 2

Nobody uses those other terms anymore. When millennial won the name battle, it pretty much lost any hard and fast dates.

I wouldn't say that there was a "name battle"; they're all different terms with different meanings. 'Butter' and 'margarine' aren't involved in a name battle, either. But regardless, any categorization of a "generation" into a specific timeframe of birth dates, strictly or leniently, is silly. I think that was what Howard was joking about in the first place.

Did Brooks sound a lot like TJ Miller to anyone else?

Brooks definitely sounded a little like TJ Miller to me

I liked Brooks' stuff on SNL and I was pleasantly surprised to learn him and Howard such good friends. Would love to hear more of his Howard impression .

Sign in to follow this