🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 192 — Ryan Bingham and the Candy Colored Dreams

Oscar winning singer-songwriter Ryan Bingham joins Mary Holland, Jon Gabrus, Eugene Cordero, and Matt Besser for a musical episode of improv4humans! Hear Ryan play some songs from his catalog that will inspire scenes about thinking twice before fighting with someone because you never know the tough things they are going through, trying to hear the moonlight on a nice quiet night, and a deadly pop song. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Ryan Bingham’s music over at www.binghammusic.com!

surprisingly polite.

Ryan Bingham was great!

One of my favourite musical guests for sure.

The sound was great, cheers Brett!

• Like 7

I'm sure I've said it before, but the sound on these music episode is so often way better than records I've payed real money for.

• Like 11

Brett Morris for president of sound engineers!

Excellent episode, so funny and the musical guest was wonderful!

• Like 6

Top notch ep (from tip to taint).

All star improvisers, great guest musician and the sound production was on POINT. Brett is a straight killah.

• Like 3

Great episode. Ryan Bingham was a treat to hear. Those final two scenes were nuts, and I now have a fake song stuck in my head (and don't even know the correct lyrics).

• Like 2

two Gabrus appearances on different podcasts in the same week!

Bingham also did the theme song for The Bridge (RIP)

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

"Oh shit! I touched all of them but took this one."

No one makes me laugh like Gabrus.

That bit was super reminiscent of Gino the intern on CBB. Loved it.

• Like 1

^ That is FUCKING GREAT.

That's a mini Rock alright!

During the newborn scene, when someone came in and said the baby looked like Eugene, I was hoping they would call her a mini-mini-Rock or micro-Rock. Also, that was my favorite scene. Mary's voice when she said "What are you doing right now?!" was so funny.

• Like 2

Wow. Grepisode. So many things to talk about.

1. When Gabrus/Gaylax said "i try to remember flat chested broads have vaginas too" and Besser broke character to give him a dad-like "alright...". Besser has talked before about being a little embarrassed in front of musical heroes when the scenes get very blue, so Gabrus out of the gate with that was LOL.

2. I loved how aggressive and not afraid to go blue Ms. Holland's Opus was this episode. Her characters are usually pretty reserved in a polite southern way. I assume the influence of Gabrus brought it out.

3. Gabrus, the self proclaimed overweight stoner swears up and down that he doesn't eat candy, then his first improv song is "candy colored/covered dreams" lol.

4. IMO, Eug delivered the most overlooked line of the ep.

While talking about MHO's tattoo:

Besser: It looks like it fell down

Eug: Like if she had a full salad on her shoulder?

• Like 5

What a killer crew and everyone ON FIRE! Bingham fucking rocks! more EXCLAMATIONS!!!!! MORE CAPS!!!!! (you guys will get that last one when Case Closed airs.)

Now I gotta listen again.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever heard a better song that doesn't exist.

Anybody else think that somebody on the cast saw Blue Velvet recently? The whole "candy colored clown" part of the In Dreams song seemed to be what they were drawing from.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever heard a better song that doesn't exist.

Anybody else think that somebody on the cast saw Blue Velvet recently? The whole "candy colored clown" part of the In Dreams song seemed to be what they were drawing from.

that and someone said blue velvet before that

• Like 1