🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 649 - White People Spicy

Andrew Ti and special guest Kara Brown finish the week off by discussing the idea of being racist toward White people. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Ugh. Almost entirely useless and utterly cringeworthy. Please re-title to Yo, This is Ignorant

"Every right wing kook has the same strategy. Which is make you argue about the wrong thing, accuse you of a bunch of shit, and if you don't address every single point to their satisfaction, they decide they've won. And then just trying to get you mad and derail it."

This was so on point it was scary

• Like 2

Ugh. Almost entirely useless and utterly cringeworthy. Please re-title to Yo, This is Ignorant

Oops, dwag, you accidentally posted your signature as a comment!

• Like 1

No, I'm just a chef who thinks people who are interested in other peoples cultures, foods and traditions are not racist or idiots(mind you, only if white, as Andrew asserts). Quite the contrary. People of all races who embrace other peoples cultures(foodies, travelers, what have you) tend to be the best of our nation. I've tried with this podcast, but the simple mindedness of the assertions in too many of them are base at best. The trope of "white people can't be victims of racism" is played and simple. Poor white people are taken advantage of by the current system just as all poor are. Those who seek to separate by race while ignoring the true power of class play into the hands of the multicultural plutocracy worldwide which seeks to keep us all in conflict over trifling garbage like "White People Spicy", with the host and guest only too willing to help proffer the noise. You know what I'm saying dwag?

Also, the main premise of the question was completely whiffed. The question was meant as "do you think the kitchen seasons the dish to the levels of spice you would find in their country, or do you think they lower it for white people(read: all Americans), such as myself?". It's a seasoning discussion. So no, it's not racist to wonder if someone dials down the spice for you, because spicy food is always toned down when first introduced to our culture in restaurants(Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Ethiopian...) so it is more easily sold until it grabs hold, then authenticity can follow when people's palates adapt to new flavors and spices. Again, dwag.

Sign in to follow this