🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 89 — Erin Whitehead, Our Close Friend

In addition to the episode being very funny, I was particularly moved by Erin's story about her aforementioned HH experience.

When I listened to the original episode where the Wild Horses were brought in for being loud, I thought it was so cool that these people and this comedy world exists.

That incredibly smart and funny people are everywhere, outside each other's doors, and they can barely know each other and still be so funny together. It's was something to behold.

After finishing this most recent episode, I went downstairs to cut watermelon where I did some thinking.

Erin does occasionally give me a jolt of anxiety or awkwardness, which I think is something to look deeper into my own life about, but something about this event was different.

It seemed brave of her to admit her experience, and it was unique that we got to see the origin of the bit and see the hidden aftermath later.

Did I feel pathos about the misunderstanding? Was it her straightforward honesty? Was it because crying and defensiveness was mentioned? That someones actions caused unintentional "pain"? Was there someone to blame? What lesson is to be learned? Why am I asking myself all these questions?

On one level, It rattled my fantasy about how amazing it would be to be in their comedic world.

On another, it bolstered the fantasy further that they turned something, if it were in my life I would consider shitty or embarrassing, and instead made humor come from it.

Not sure I landed on any real takeaway though.

I spent a whole watermelon thinking about this.

nice try Ged

• Like 2

That is a pretty awesome muscleman EliZa.

• Like 2

Also, took about 4 listens to get through the podcast. Funny stuff.

why it take you so long Houston?

• Like 1

did you guys hear the new global release day for music is now Friday?

why they do that?

(sorry, i'll try that again)

WHY THEY DO THAT, OBAMA?!

• Like 2

If anyone is looking to change your username, I have a suggestion: Duke Skelington.

That one's on the house.

• Like 3

By the way im Chonson! Im Chansons brother! Our dads a boat.

I'll allow it.

• Like 16

I'll allow it.

Watch yourself, counselor...

• Like 5

Attention Colt Barton: Do you know the exact date you met Shaq? I would love to be able to answer the musical question, "Where were you the day Colton Barton met Shaq at a Hooters in Phoenix, Arizoooona."

• Like 1

Attention Colt Barton: Do you know the exact date you met Shaq? I would love to be able to answer the musical question, "Where were you the day Colton Barton met Shaq at a Hooters in Phoenix, Arizoooona."

This would also be a perfect Popcorn Gallery question. Does SteveH have insider knowledge into next week's guest?

• Like 5

oh! SteveH is it going to be Fernando Valenzuela?

• Like 2

DEER PRES CARTOR - PEANUTS?

• Like 1

February 16, 2009. 1:52 PM.

It's tattooed on my lower back.

• Like 13

February 16, 2009. 1:52 PM.

It's tattooed on my lower back.

02/16/2009 1:52

2 + 16 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 9 = 29

29 + 1 + 5 - 2 =

Shaquille+O+Neal+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Los+HLzl72KcRaul.jpg

I'm in too deep guys. I have a bad feeling about this Colt guy.

• Like 15

February 16, 1942. Kim Jong il is born. 67 years later, Colt Barton met Shaq. 67 + 2=69. Coincidence?

• Like 9

you guys this is already way too scary.

• Like 4

I agree with Souprman. This is Chonson's thread now anyways.

• Like 7

2/16/1942 - 2/16/2009= 67 years. 6+7=13.

13 x 7 = 91

91 = Dennis Rodmans number

Dennis Rodman. Kim Jong un and il. Kim Jong ils bday= same day colt Barton met Shaq

• Like 3

SteveH i'm pretty sure you just opened a portal into the no korean dark net.

• Like 2

Can I post on this forum even though I don't have a pet?

Facts about me:

I am a girl.

I don't have any pets.

I think HH is great. Hayes and Sean are so nice and funny and smart that I went back and listened to the Reality Show Show and now I'm watching the Bachelorette and Big Brother and I'm just wondering -- is there a place for that kind of conversation here as well? Because those shows are, I'm now realizing, pretty good.

I don't know if I'm supposed to reveal this, but an Amy Sedaris avatar gives you unilateral permission to post anywhere for any reason

• Like 9