🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 238 — Jurassic Sherbet

This week, Howard discusses the release of the official Gu Cruise music video, which features cameos from Kulap, Rocky, and more! Also, Kulap and Howard welcome to the show Drew Droege who discusses the specifics of impersonating a famous person, specifically when that famous person is in the room. Later, the crew discusses why movies today look like sherbet, as well as how many wigs is too many wigs.

Gu Cruise video is definitely more glorious than I had anticipated. Also nice to hear a guest finally say something not negative about that "Dance with me" song. I wouldn't say I love it, but I think its one of the less nauseating radio songs that comes on in my brief radio listens (sometimes you run out of fresh podcasts to listen to on the commute)

• Like 1

This remains one of the most perfect podcasts ever to have existed

• Like 1

Amazing to see the realization of the Gu Cruise video!! Great work to all involved! Stards appearance made me happy. Good work on the guit board buddy! I'm a little confused as to why FunnyorDie isn't promoting it on the front page though... (it's there in the corner but not on the top featured videos where it deserves to be)

• Like 1

Amazing to see the realization of the Gu Cruise video!! Great work to all involved! Stards appearance made me happy. Good work on the guit board buddy! I'm a little confused as to why FunnyorDie isn't promoting it on the front page though... (it's there in the corner but not on the top featured videos where it deserves to be)

It actually came out Monday, it was front featured then.

Good episode.

Regarding the titular discussion, there seems to be this weird disconnect about the critical reception to Jurassic World. Kulap (or maybe Drew) is the 3rd or 4th person I've heard/read who seem to think that it was panned, which really isn't the case. I'd say the reaction has been middling at worst, and have read a few enthusiastically positive reviews and nothing outright negative.

• Like 1

Good episode.

Regarding the titular discussion, there seems to be this weird disconnect about the critical reception to Jurassic World. Kulap (or maybe Drew) is the 3rd or 4th person I've heard/read who seem to think that it was panned, which really isn't the case. I'd say the reaction has been middling at worst, and have read a few enthusiastically positive reviews and nothing outright negative.

there's been internet hoopla over it being sexist, especially on twitter

Oh, there's definitely that, but I feel like that exists separately from the perceptions I'm talking about. Although maybe not, if people see those (either reading them or just knowing of their existence) and mentally conflate them with reviews.

It actually came out Monday, it was front featured then.

I didn't see it on the homepage even once when it came out on Monday, but I'll take your word. Regardless it should have been a highlight all week like Adomians Sanders skit. (also great stuff btw)

Sign in to follow this