🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinLinville

Star Kid (1997)

I just sent this via email but, I want to make sure this gets to you guys:

Hey Guys,

I recently watched the 1998 family sic-fi movie "Star Kid" in which a nerdy recently motherless child finds a robotic suit in a junkyard and uses it to get into crazy hijinks and save Earth from an intergalactic conflict all the while teaching the robot to live, laugh, and love and learning how to face his problems head on. Also, the kid from Jurassic Park and Danny Masterson are in it. It's nuts. Just think it's worth checking out to do on the show.

Thanks,

Justin L

P.S. You Guys Are Great

• Like 1

If this movie gets done, I will be so thrilled...I went to high school with the star kid (puns) and he was a colossal douche, and we would watch this movie all the time and laugh at how horrible it is

This falls into the "wow, they thought this was appropriate for kids?" category.

I was going to say this reminds me of "Kazaam" but the kid says "I'm Shaquille O'Neal" and if you go to the IMDB page the "More like this" some of the movies listed are Kazaam, Super Mario Brothers and Blank Check.

The special effects in this movie look like they were made by David Cronenberg, especially inside the suit. (and just a reminder, it's a kids movie)

The outside of the suit is creepy, especially when it's stalking the female interest at the fair. It even has some steel buns.

All I remember from this shitty movie was when the kid wants to eat fast food inside the suit, it eats the food itself and molds it into a billiard ball size mound of muck before forcing it into the kids mouth. It was at that point I said screw this and changed to something else.

He says something like "I'm eating a space turd" it's the high point in the movie. Enough said.

Kid finds a meteor at the dump, luckily it’s full of child sized space suit. Watch if only for the nearly half hour scene of Star Kid frantically trying to figure out how to pee in his stolen suit. 

Also: do we accept the spelling “cyborsuit” in the tagline? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120478/D2BD4994-7E7D-48C8-B12F-1B684640D8F3.thumb.jpeg.e5551513f880aa666df825d8cd9985db.jpeg

Whoops sorry, I searched for the movie title in the forum and it didn't come up. Anyway, obviously one more vote for Star Kid. 

9 hours ago, DamnedWoman said:

Kid finds a meteor at the dump, luckily it’s full of child sized space suit. Watch if only for the nearly half hour scene of Star Kid frantically trying to figure out how to pee in his stolen suit. 

Also: do we accept the spelling “cyborsuit” in the tagline? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120478/D2BD4994-7E7D-48C8-B12F-1B684640D8F3.thumb.jpeg.e5551513f880aa666df825d8cd9985db.jpeg

I accept the spelling because I think the suit is meant to blend, in this case, human and machine together thus it's akin to a cyborg. If it was spelled "cybersuit" that would mean more of a Lawnmower Man kind of thing where the suit is in virtual reality since "cyber" means more internet and computers. 

As terrible and well deserving of an episode as this is, i'm going to have to respectfully insist that the first Joseph Mazzello movie they cover be the far more problematic Radio Flyer. 

Sign in to follow this