🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 359 — TofuPeople

Never was the biggest Horatio fan but I found this week's stuff to be just excruciatingly bad. I skipped over large chunks of it, I found it so unpleasant and tasteless.

If you are looking for more of an understated performance from Horatio, I would check out his appearance at this year's SXSW where he plays Kanye West.

• Like 9

IShelly Driftwood got a job at the Porsche-Maserati-Volkswagen dealership by telling the owner that his wife was having sex with an electrician who later died from electrocution installing a hot tub at O.J.’s house.

Holy shit, that had to have been the most convoluted and fucking hilarious "story" I've heard from any character on CBB.

• Like 4

If you are looking for more of an understated performance from Horatio, I would check out his appearance at this year's SXSW where he plays Kanye West.

the stuff about kanye's mom was brutal. did not like.

• Like 1

Shelly Driftwood giving detailed directions kills me..lordy lou..

If you eat tofupeople is that technically being a vegan cannibal?

Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

technicality no down boo over?!

Technicality no down boo over!

• Like 4

I saw Kumail last night at nerdmelt in LA. He does the handsome eyebrows a lot, and I wonder if it's a conscious thing.

he knows damn well what he's doing. the handsome bastard.

Wonderful! Love all of these guests. If I had more time and/or talent, I would totally do some fan art of a cowardly astronaut dragon.

• Like 1

I fucking love Horatio and lest anyone accuse me of loving everything on CBB, there was a guest on this episode that I did not like. Horatiowns.

• Like 1

I feel like Shelly lives in a world where Eli Roth directs those Californians scetches on SNL. Painfully accurate directions to, or away from, horrific bloodbaths.

• Like 1

Kumail Nanjiani, Jonah Ray, Horatio Sanz, Erin Whitehead-4 guests-4 Washington Lane-the next clue is at the White House!

Let's go!

I'm pretty sure that Horatio won't stop mining the history of famous murder stories until one of his characters claims responsibility for the Black Dahlia murder.

I'm taking bets on whether or not Shelly Diftwood ever worked as a deckhand on Robert Wagner's boat. Natalie Wood's family are interested in the outcome.

• Like 2

Never was the biggest Horatio fan but I found this week's stuff to be just excruciatingly bad. I skipped over large chunks of it, I found it so unpleasant and tasteless.

Indeed! In fact I found that it lacked reverence and much of it was on-the-wall. I listen to this internet radio program for purely intellectual content, such as when the hilarious comedienne Lauren Lapkus and one Thomas Middleditch pleasantly and in very good taste joked about incest while riding dead bodies like horses, or when ol' Paul F. Tompkins masquerading as Saint Nicholas curses every other word.

This should be a classy show!

• Like 8

another horatio performance where you're not sure if he started out as kanye or not.

I agree - it's not that kind of show

• Like 7

More Kumail and Rog!!!! I guess Kumail's been on a lot but I really like hearing his voice, although not enough into his own podcast subjects to listen regularly

I think I've been cool to Erin's past appearances but I enjoyed some of this one. It's good when a character brings enough weirdness in premise that it invites Scott and the other guests to ask WYR type questions that make the story exponentially more insane

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does Horatio have his characters confused? This guy sounds a lot like Chico Davis to me.

Beef over.

This is indeed Chico Davis--except for the explicit directions; that's all Shelly--not that I'm complaining.

• Like 1

i honestly couldn't tell you the difference between most of Horatio's characts but I'll tell you I usually enjoy him. This week was no exception. This was yet another week where Scott had to stop a guest from saying the location of Earwolf Studios.

Elaine the dragon was on point too with her story of Moses and his snake penis tempting Eve in the garden of Eden. I will try to refer to my hands as my little paws (or are they regular paws since I'm not a large dragon?) and dog paws and teeny tiny paws.

• Like 2

Chico Driftwood. That's a username somebody can use. Go ahead, take it. It's free. Seriously, you can have it. For real.

• Like 1

Can't believe no one came up with tofuman, tofu + human

Improv Tofumans

• Like 12

I love Horatio, I really don't get the hate for him. This week was not his best but I still lol'd multiple times.

Erin Whitehead just destroyed though. I really didn't care for her charac on the anniversary show and she redeemed herself one million-fold.

"Little paws. Little tiny puppy paws."

• Like 1

More Kumail and Rog!!!! I guess Kumail's been on a lot but I really like hearing his voice, although not enough into his own podcast subjects to listen regularly

I think I've been cool to Erin's past appearances but I enjoyed some of this one. It's good when a character brings enough weirdness in premise that it invites Scott and the other guests to ask WYR type questions that make the story exponentially more insane

i think the moment she said "dragon astronauts" was when she pretty much won me over completely.

• Like 2