🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 239 — Summah Waves of Feminism

This week, join Howard and special guest host Emily V. Gordon, as they enlighten chartists on the proper way to bronze your skin and which liquid is more important than the rest. Additionally, Howard and Emily welcome James Adomian who talks about why no artist resonates with street gangs more than Taylor Swift. Later, Emily dips into her past as a therapist, when she recommends the movie Inside Out for anyone who would like to better understand the human personality. Lastly, James explains how making fun of his teachers and coaches, as well as an endless curiosity for language helped inspire an entire career.

• Like 1

"Something ominous is out there in global events!" gah i love James Adomian great ep!

• Like 1

The melody in that "honey I'm good" song is to country music as "my name's rappin' Scott and I'm here to say..." is to rap

• Like 6

Amazing episode!!!! I've only heard it about three times but now that 'Honey I'm Good' song makes me feel physically ill. Literally felt myself gagging. JUST NO.!!

Woo!

I'm totally G4Adomz, and while EVG is sometimes really irritating on the Indoor Kids she's fantastic on Whooch.

Good stuff.

Great point made by Adomian about the voice replication on pop songs. Every time I hear part of a Taylor Swift song, which is often since I listen to Who Charted, I'm distracted by the fact that there always has to be 5 Taylor Swift's singing. How bad does her voice sound when its just 1?

• Like 1

James Adomian is one of the funniest and most talented comedians out there, seriously

• Like 3

I love all of James Adomian's characters, but I think my favorite character of his is James Adomian. I really love hearing him in his own voice. Emily did a great job too... what a fun episode!

• Like 1

Haha great to hear a Billy Ocean mention. I remember I used to have the 45 single of Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car when I was a kid. I listened to mostly my dad's record collection, but I remember that one being mine, as well as Bad by Michael Jackson and Walk the Dinosaur by Was Not Was. Such an extensive collection I had.

Anyone else feel a little creeped out at how invasive they were into James's sex life at the end?

• Like 1

Emily's the best guest host, and James Adomian's one of the best podcast guests of all time. Top notch ep!

Anyone else feel a little creeped out at how invasive they were into James's sex life at the end?

Not really, because he didn't seem the least bit put off by it or reluctant to answer anything.

"Were you booing politically or comedically?"

"BOTH!"

God bless you, James Adomian.

• Like 4

Not really, because he didn't seem the least bit put off by it or reluctant to answer anything.

"Were you booing politically or comedically?"

"BOTH!"

God bless you, James Adomian.

You sure? It sounded to me like he hesitated a great deal right there at the start. Meh. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Like 1

You sure? It sounded to me like he hesitated a great deal right there at the start. Meh. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I thought that for about half a second, but then remembered that they were there face-to-face in the same room, while we're all getting the audio stream, and I trust EVG's ability pick up on human cues (if not HMK's lol) enough that I have a feeling it was all cool.

• Like 1

Another distinctive falsetto I thought of this morning - Michael McDonald. When Emily said something about "yawn-singing" in relation to falsetto, I knew that rang a bell but couldn't put my finger on it. I still don't remember who said it or where, but fairly recently I heard someone say that McDonald's singing sounds like he's yawning and it was one of my favorite funny music observations ever.

• Like 2

honey, I'm good = cotton eye Joe? thanks guys. i try not to just hate songs because different strokes but that song is just very,very bad. Since this is the "adult top 40" chart or whatever i wonder if this is the stuff moms like when driving around town? Emily is a great Ku stand in, as always, and James is killer. Dusted of his Huell and had a great Jerrod Carmichael.

Brett was getting a huge kick out of Adomian

I was right alongside him,

Also - Great job Emily! Loved this episode.

• Like 2

Brett was getting a huge kick out of Adomian

I was right alongside him,

Also - Great job Emily! Loved this episode.

I too enjoyed the 'stard laughter faintly audible

• Like 2