🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 113.5 — Minisode 113.5

That's just how it is, man. Sometimes when he starts to read one of mine I'm just thinking, "Oh no! Not that one! There's a parenthetical! He'll never make it!" I think it's hilarious.

I will say though, I am glad that he or Nate chose my Donatello post. I was hoping it would get chosen just because I knew he was going to have trouble with the word "perspicacity." I was not disappointed. :)

Strangely, he must not be a big Simpsons fan:

https://youtu.be/ZJM6DDvzm84

• Like 1

Okay, I see how it is...I offer an olive branch and you come with the heat.

Well, as previously established on these forums, there's only one way to settle these types of disputes. That's right! Strap on your dancing shoes, Tayloranne! It's dance-fighting time, and me and my posse have been rehearsing all day.

I've been ready for this my entire life

west-side-story-dance.gif

• Like 6

So I started watching Runaway this morning and was thinking that it couldn't be and stupider, when suddenly, out of nowhere, the Chief tells Selleck, "I want you to talk to our psychic" and I nearly lost my goddamn mind.

Also, I'm surprised R.O.B. didn't make a cameo...

tumblr_mzcp9ieNgx1s9xo4do3_500.gif

There was a thing in Sci-fi for a while where it was just assumed that in the future some humans would be so evolved they'd develop psychic powers. This was probably at its peak in the 60s & 70s (though it was around much earlier than that). They usually wouldn't refer to the character as psychic, mind you, they'd call them 'espers' or say they had a high 'psi factor' or some other such nonsense, but it was just a sneaky way to get magic in the door without calling it that.

Now by the time this movie came out, I feel like most of the Sci-fi overlords had decided we were calling it 'telepathy' and it was usually an ability reserved for aliens. So it still feels a little incongruous, even in this very dumb movie.

Although now that I think about it, maybe it was just a reference to the fact that a lot of police departments apparently do consult psychics?* I dunno.

*Movie police, at least

• Like 3

I've been ready for this my entire life

Intimidating. But I've been watching Runaway, and I've upgraded. Check and mate!

jackson5sdancingmachine.gif

• Like 2

So you MIGHT be able to watch Runaway on TV (or more likely set your DVRs) if you live in the US. I checked IMDB and it said that it was showing Wednesday 7/8 at 3:45 PM on a HD channel that appears to be a cheap rebroadcast OTA movie network check here to see if you get it:

http://moviestvnetwo...m/wheretowatch/

As a bonus, that same day they are playing Rhinestone at 4:55 AM!

Intimidating. But I've been watching Runaway, and I've upgraded. Check and mate!

This ain't over yet

leeteuks_genius_robot_dance__by_zeljkae-d4r1j2h.gif

• Like 2

"Our insurance doesn't cover turning off the robots."

What even the hell, guys?

• Like 3

This ain't over yet

Curse you!!! Foiled again...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Stuff this movie gets right about the future:

- The exact form factor of the iPad mini & kindle fire

- Go pro gun (explanationhope)

- In the future, robots will tell us shit we already know (e.g. "there is a fire")

Stuff this movie gets right about the 80's:

- Lady police officers must wear heels for some reason

- "I don't like heights" is movie talk for "pretty soon I'm going to have to confront my fear of heights."

- Sexism is rampant even for lady robots (Jack seems to think LOIS doesn't know her place)

- Jackie's fuck-off huge belt buckle

Questions:

- How did the bad robot from the beginning get the gun in his hand with ONLY ONE HAND?

- Was the son's part written for a much younger actor but the kid couldn't read it all so they handed the part off to his older brother?

- When the computer says that Dave enjoys watersports, does it mean watersports or "watersports?"

- Why do most of the bots look like Doctor Who's K-9?

• Like 5

- When the computer says that Dave enjoys watersports, does it mean watersports or "watersports?"

Couldn't it mean both?

208_poolpee.gif

• Like 2

HA! I'll see your Tom Selleck with Gene Simmons as the villian and raise you John Stamos with Gene Simmons as the villian! Please, oh please, cover "Never Too Young to Die"! I had totally wiped it from my memory till I heard the words "Gene SImmons as the villian!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091621/

HA! I'll see your Tom Selleck with Gene Simmons as the villian and raise you John Stamos with Gene Simmons as the villian! Please, oh please, cover "Never Too Young to Die"! I had totally wiped it from my memory till I heard the words "Gene SImmons as the villian!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091621/

The whole film is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-RaAfQQHsM

The whole film is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9-RaAfQQHsM

Luckily I've seen it before and know better. But come on - if this isn't a perfect choice for HDTGM, I don't know what is. Lance Stargrove vs.Velvet Van Ragnar? Gene Simmons as both the villian and the love interest?(go with me on this) This film is perfect WTF? action!

if taylorannephoto is the next cameron h, then i aspire to one day be the next taylorannphoto. i'm gonna make that c&o cut one of these eps, or die trying! serioulsy though i need to watch this movie, it seems AMAZING

• Like 2

I'm finally getting through this movie without falling asleep, and all I can say is: if Tom Selleck doesn't try to fuck Lois the robot by the end of it, I will be very surprised. He has hit on basically every woman in the movie so far.

• Like 4

Is anyone else surprised that the 1st Gene Simmons appearance on HDTGM is not KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park?

• Like 6

Is anyone else surprised that the 1st Gene Simmons appearance on HDTGM is not KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park?

That. Right there!

I'm finally getting through this movie without falling asleep, and all I can say is: if Tom Selleck doesn't try to fuck Lois the robot by the end of it, I will be very surprised. He has hit on basically every woman in the movie so far.

Was he hitting on them? I was confused by all his interactions with women in this movie.

• Like 1

- How did the bad robot from the beginning get the gun in his hand with ONLY ONE HAND?

Good question. Also, I counted 8 shots from the robot. A standard .357 revolver holds 6 rounds, are we to believe that robot claw had enough dexterity to reload a freaking revolver?

• Like 3

This movie is a contender for stupidest character death ever. Tom Selleck, a trained professional, puts on his anti robot suit and begins sneaking around the dark house in the most careful manner possible. Then the news cameraman (with a large light on his camera!) barges in behind him with the subtlety of Kramer entering Jerry's apartment. Strangely, Tom Selleck only looks mildly annoyed by this behaviour.

• Like 5

I just finished this movie this morning, and I have to say, that it is probably my second favorite movie about a police officer suffering from acrophobia.

And that kiss over the credits ...man, that just gets uncomfortable. I think if it beats Vertigo in any regard, it has to be in its portrayal of cinema's most awkward onscreen kiss.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

And that kiss over the credits ...man, that just gets uncomfortable. I think if it beats Vertigo in any regard, it has to be in its portrayal of cinema's most awkward onscreen kiss.

giphy.gif

The word "upsetting" comes to mind.

• Like 3

Good question. Also, I counted 8 shots from the robot. A standard .357 revolver holds 6 rounds, are we to believe that robot claw had enough dexterity to reload a freaking revolver?

I was impressed by how it could open the fucking bathroom door while holding that revolver.

This movie is a contender for stupidest character death ever. Tom Selleck, a trained professional, puts on his anti robot suit and begins sneaking around the dark house in the most careful manner possible. Then the news cameraman (with a large light on his camera!) barges in behind him with the subtlety of Kramer entering Jerry's apartment. Strangely, Tom Selleck only looks mildly annoyed by this behaviour.

I like how all of the police are totally cool with him walking past the barricades, though.

• Like 2