🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 15 - A Snorkeling Excursion Ticket Kiosk

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone on the internet back to Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is stand-up comedian Jen Kirkman aka The Pod F. Tompkast's Southie! They chat about whether ghosts exist or not, why Jen's mother calls her a miracle baby, and the chilling tale of the one-armed blacksmith that lived in her home in the 1800s. Paul is then joined by Matt Gourley, Jean Villepique, and Victor Yerrid to improvise a story set at a Snorkeling Excursion Ticket Kiosk. As always, the astounding Eban Schletter scores it all on piano!

• Like 1

Victor Yerrid is my favorite,

but its so hard to not hear him as Hotdog

• Like 2

No more advert characters? :(

• Like 3

How am I supposed to know what to buy if Count Dracula, the Contraptionaire, Mitch & Dolores or the rest of the gang don't tell me?!

Always love hearing Gourley. Spont needs a Superego crossover, with all four guys at once! Fantastic episode as usual. Gourley's Ghost Door salesman made me cry-laugh. (Laugh-cry?)

• Like 2

How am I supposed to know what to buy if Count Dracula, the Contraptionaire, Mitch & Dolores or the rest of the gang don't tell me?!

I was waiting for the voice when Jen said "contraption."

One of my favorite things on this show is when weird, long, rapid-fire jumps are made from one topic to the other, and then someone slams it all home at the end. And I don't think there's a better example than the gazebo discussion leading to the Soup Nazi leading to Rolf from Sound of Music leading to Eban playing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen," and then Paul spiking the ball with "We can only hope he was tried for war crimes."

• Like 8

JAZZY RASCAL!!!

Gourley doing a Germanic accent is the best.

I also missed the character ads, but at least it wasn't four ads for Jim Gaffigan's new show.

• Like 3

It might have been fun to hear Mitch try to find different ways to pitch the Jim Gaffigan show to Delores while in circumstances that seem to threaten imminent death though

SOUTHIE!!!

JAZZY RASCAL!!!

Southie AND the Jazzy Rascal! It's a Tompkast miracle!

• Like 2

Oh, and the "Miracle Baby" discussion might have been my favorite part of a guest interview yet.

• Like 1

JAZZY RASCAL!!!

Gourley doing a Germanic accent is the best.

I also missed the character ads, but at least it wasn't four ads for Jim Gaffigan's new show.

Gourley is so good he can make Hitler seem like a lovable scamp.

Also I think those Pistol Shrimp Radio episodes are great. I'm a huge Superego fan, so hearing Matt and Mark stumble through a basketball broadcast is an absolute delight.

• Like 4

Things I never thought I'd say - I loved Hitler in this episode!

Victor Yerrid staying in character into the plugs :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Matt Gourley's softly spoken minister is amazing. I love that once he found that "people don't x" formula he kept hitting over and over, with increasingly odd choices.

• Like 7

Seeing as our gracious, charming, handsome, dapper host asked for a ghost story, I guess I could share the closest thing I have.

As a disclaimer I feel I should mention I do not believe in ghosts.

When I was seventeen-ish I had, pretty much, the same experience as Jen Kirkman's sister. It was in my old bedroom in my parents house.

I felt a similar sensation of having a ghostly woman straddling my chest, crushing the air out of my lungs and I was completely unable to move or breath properly. After a while I was able to suck in a deep breath (like I'd surfaced after nearly drowning) and it felt like my heart was going to explode. Also similar to Jen's story, no one sleeps in that room anymore, it's full of bike parts.

Looking back on it now, I think it was a symptom of anxiety related issues. Seems less likely that a ghost was trying to kill me like Famke Jansen in Goldeneye.

• Like 2

This may be one of my top 3 favorite podcasts holy shit every episode is incredible id expect nothing less from Paul F. and if it was less im sure it would be just as good haha great ep!

ps Gourley <3

• Like 2

So far this has bean my favorite episode of Spont, in fact one of my favorite podcasts in general!

Paul should bust out into song more often!

• Like 1

Btw, Pistol Shrimps Basketball is a great podcast to do other things to while listening. Matt's and Mark's broadcaster voices are great, and the play-by-play, while earnest, is hilariously spotty.

• Like 1

Btw, Pistol Shrimps Basketball is a great podcast to do other things to while listening. Matt's and Mark's broadcaster voices are great, and the play-by-play, while earnest, is hilariously spotty.

"Hilariously Spotty" was, of course, the unflattering nickname given to Mark Knopfler by schoolmates during his teenage years in England. #DireStraits

• Like 5

"We're not Thomas and Lorand. We're Lomas and Torand.

"But people don't Spoonerize."

"Sure they do! And dure they shoo!"

Lost it! So great!

• Like 7

Sign in to follow this