🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 360 — Snow Dome

pardo is god, accept it or doom yourself to an eternity in hell.

• Like 3

Wow. That was a battle. Two dud characters from one guy in one show. I can't believe I've come onto a thread slating Jimmy Pardo and saying Paul Brittain was great?! Did i hear a different show? It's a bad sign when Scott calls your character a boring waste of time on the show!

But I thought the Explosione family was an complete failure too, so maybe I just don't get the guy.

Jimmy and Scott did the best they could.

For me, I have taken a liking to Paul's understated characters. His schtick seems to be not acting outrageous or over the top like most of the characters on CBB. His characters' simple manner of speaking (like when the Explosione family is discussing their large muscles) and funny names, for example, I find hilarious. I can see why people are not totally on board, though.

As for Pardo, I think a lot of people (including myself) are not completely sold on him because he doesn't fit as naturally in the Earwolf universe. In my opinion, his style of comedy/hosting fits more in the radio/shocking disc jockey style medium.

• Like 3

I would consider signing up for a snack delivery service called 'Guilty Fat Box'.

• Like 2

It was an OK show for me, but not one I would revisit. I love JImmy but Paul's charac was a little too understated and normal for me. I think he does better when he has another charac to play off of. I did find it very amusing when Scott started yelling at Fitch for being boring though. I also found the mute button pretty hilarious too.

• Like 2

SCOTT: "Alright, we've gotta figure out if he's got any bombs in this store room."

JIMMY: "According to Fitch, he's got nothing in his store room."

SCOTT: "'ACCORDING TO FITCH'?!"

JIMMY: "There's three bottles of glass cleaner and nothing else!"

SCOTT: "I don't want to take Fitch's word for anything, alright?"

JIMMY: "That's a good call."

lol I love how exasperated Scott is with Fitch's credibility.

• Like 6

Nothing quite clicked into place with this episode, but man was it worth it for Scott's incredulity at how uninteresting Fitch was.

"Fitch, we've had some interesting people come on this show and you're not one of them!"

• Like 5

I guess I should stop holding my breath for Time Bobby 4 every week, huh?

Not a bad ep, Jimmy Pardo is okay.

If you want more Fourvel, you can always drop a couple bucks on the CBB 2014 LIVE Tour ep in NYC with Fourvel and Alan Thicke. It's a good one. Just re-listened to it this weekend.

What the hell was going on with Paul B. in this one? He seemed lost from start to finish.

I thought the straight character shtick was a fun change, but grew stale prreetyyy quick. Pardo and Scott have a great chemistry, so not a bad ep.

• Like 1

What the hell was going on with Paul B. in this one? He seemed lost from start to finish.

Seriously. Jimmy and Scott were setting him up and Paul just shot everything down as Fitch. Fitch's payoff was Scott telling him how boring he was. I love Brittain but what was this? Good thing theres a b-b-b-bonus episode this week.

• Like 1

Seriously. Jimmy and Scott were setting him up and Paul just shot everything down as Fitch. Fitch's payoff was Scott telling him how boring he was. I love Brittain but what was this? Good thing theres a b-b-b-bonus episode this week.

I like Paul so no judgement on him, it just seemed so off. At the start when he had that story and sentences that made no sense (when he was just being Paul). He seemed like someone that just woke up and was suddenly doing a podcast and I think Scott picked up pretty early on that he wasn't with it and just was relentless with him.

Paul's other characters have been hits, but this one was sadly a miss. But still guys, stop being so mean :((((((((((((((

I've always thought Jimmy was hilarious. It's Matt Belknap who i had to warm up to when I started listening to NNF, but I love that podcast to death now. I agree with the people saying Paul Brittan seemed a bit off on this one, probably because you can't expect a former SNL castmember to hold a candle to the heynong men of comedy bang bang.

• Like 2

I got super excited when I saw Paul was the guest since the Calvin Twins is probably one of my all-time faves. While I enjoyed this ep overall, Paul did seem a bit off. It reminded me that Killam was sort of leading the charge on the Calvin Twins ep.

Yeah, while Pardo is... never not funny, Brittain's deliberate and persisting anti-comedy was a chore to get through. Oh well, after several killer eps I don't mind a dud.

I was under the impression that a big part of improv is "Yes and..." Paul was going another direction entirely, shooting down everything Scott was trying to mine out of this bit. I'm not surprised Scott eventually threw "Fitch" out. I mean, I loved the Calvins Twins and the Explosione family episodes, but Paul was definitely off kilter here.

I was under the impression that a big part of improv is "Yes and..." Paul was going another direction entirely, shooting down everything Scott was trying to mine out of this bit. I'm not surprised Scott eventually threw "Fitch" out. I mean, I loved the Calvins Twins and the Explosione family episodes, but Paul was definitely off kilter here.

I have to admit, I did laugh when he said that there was nothing in the storage room.

• Like 6

While I'm not a fan of the 'Never Funny Podcast' (copyright Tom Scharpling), Jimmy seems like a genuinely likeable guy. I really enjoy when he comes on Comedy Bang Bang because he has a fun dynamic with Saucerman.

You people are being too harsh on Paul Brittain. He was fine, even though the character didn't quite come off.

• Like 2

Few things amuse me more than Scott openly admitting that he probably won't consume the content that a guest is on to promote.

Guys, this was really funny. Not every episode is going to be Heynong Man.

• Like 6

Few things amuse me more than Scott openly admitting that he probably won't consume the content that a guest is on to promote.

Guys, this was really funny. Not every episode is going to be Heynong Man.

dingdingding!

• Like 1

So much negativity around here. And on the first week of Jewel, no less!

• Like 4