🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 360 — Snow Dome

When Jimmy mentioned the missing Malaysian Airlines plane I immediately waited for them to call Rich Sommer. Then I remembered which show this was and felt sadness in my heart.

• Like 4

Well, here's my theory about what happened with this weird episode. I think Paul's intention with the character was centered around the ISIS thing, but Scott didn't really pick up on that, so Paul was lost. By the time they came back to it (Paul finally brought it up himself), it was pretty much too late.

I think you might be right.

I enjoyed this episode, Paul's character being boring as hell was funny to me by the end. And I always enjoy Jimmy Pardo on CBB. Not sure why people think he doesn't "fit," he's been a regular guest since the early days and he and Scott have a great dynamic. I guess his on-mic persona is more polished and professional than Scott's, but that doesn't make him any less funny.

• Like 3

I'm with some of the others here. I personally thought it was hilarious that Paul's characters were pulling an X-Mens Blob and just absorbing the prods with "no's" as opposed to bouncing back with yes's. And Scott's infuriation with it all and blowing up on Fitch made me cackle.

• Like 1

i don't know guys. i was lmao for much of this. i thought paul was so willfully unfunny that it was hilarious. every lame thing he said set up classic scott aukerman riffage. i can't see how people don't love a guest who's sole purpose is to make scott frustrated. an angry scott aukerman is a funny scott aukerman.

edit>also SA is cracking up during almost the whole ep, which is delightful.

• Like 5

What is the point of having a forum if everyone is just supposed to declare every episode great?

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want to see the forums be the same every week.

This way we get to hear someone decide the guests are objectively bad. Every week.

Oh and some discussion of the bits and related topics but yawwwwwnnnnnnn on that stuff.

• Like 1

As someone who writes web articles, I still find it irritating to see people's abrasive dumb opinions on how this weeks design tips are wrong, or forgot this or that, or whatever complaining thing, even though there's someone with a problem every single week. It gets less irritating, but it's still irritating--and I at least get paid for that.

Having a complaint and not sharing it is actually a totally acceptable option sometimes. Sorry to oppress everyone's free speech or whatever though.

(And PS coming here to say "I always hate Jimmy Pardo" and such isn't even commenting on the episode. So it's not within the "point" of this forum either way.)

• Like 5

As someone who writes web articles, I still find it irritating to see people's abrasive dumb opinions on how this weeks design tips are wrong, or forgot this or that, or whatever complaining thing, even though there's someone with a problem every single week. It gets less irritating, but it's still irritating--and I at least get paid for that.

Having a complaint and not sharing it is actually a totally acceptable option sometimes. Sorry to oppress everyone's free speech or whatever though.

(And PS coming here to say "I always hate Jimmy Pardo" and such isn't even commenting on the episode. So it's not within the "point" of this forum either way.)

Hey random guy pretending to be a mod, you don't decide what we do or do not get to post anywhere on this forum.

Furthermore, the point of the episode thread is to discuss said episode and all it's contents. Just because you don't like the discussion doesn't mean you can tell people to shut up. Most forums have an ignore feature which you can use to hide all the meanie bad people from offending your precious forum viewing experience.

• Like 1

Furthermore, the point of the episode thread is to discuss said episode and all it's contents.

I'd love to know how three posts consisting of the word "Nope", telling the guest they suck, and telling another user how the forum works fit into that criteria.

• Like 7

Hey random guy pretending to be a mod, you don't decide what we do or do not get to post anywhere on this forum.

Furthermore, the point of the episode thread is to discuss said episode and all it's contents. Just because you don't like the discussion doesn't mean you can tell people to shut up. Most forums have an ignore feature which you can use to hide all the meanie bad people from offending your precious forum viewing experience.

It's not about forum systems and mods and whatever internet rules. It's about actual basic human empathy. My point is: I think if many of you had more of an idea of how it feels to have people every week passionately share their opinion of how the free thing you did was bad, you'd stop adding to the pile--and maybe feel embarrassed that you ever did.

• Like 2

But sorry; don't let me tell anyone they might have done something wrong. Please, continue telling Scott Aukerman and his friends all the things they did that were wrong.

Because complaining is 100% fine if it's about someone else and 100% a dick move if it's about you.

• Like 2

wait we're getting new t-shirts?!

I know Heynong Man is like a big deal and all, but what I really want is a Big Ups 2POASAS shirt.

Also: "Jinx, you owe me a Durst!"

But that's a different show.

• Like 3

if one argument is "you don't tell me what to do" and one is "there should be a certain quality to the posts here" neither of you are going to get any traction with the other. state your case for yourself clearly and let the likes sort it out.

this is coming from someone everyone here knows can be a total asshole.

• Like 3

But sorry; don't let me tell anyone they might have done something wrong. Please, continue telling Scott Aukerman and his friends all the things they did that were wrong.

Because complaining is 100% fine if it's about someone else and 100% a dick move if it's about you.

Just to add to this, I believe PFT & Scott spoke on something somewhat similar re: complaining on the boards during the best of episodes. And the summary of it all was they really don't give a shit when people don't like something, and they definitely don't give a shit about the opinions of complaining about a guest... if I remember correctly, which is exactly why, in spite of my dislike of certain guests, I refrain from the boards from time-to-time.

• Like 2

I've seriously heard we're getting "all joking a salad" t-shirts on Monday, just to steer this thread back on topic. I mean, after all, this is the t-shirt thread.

• Like 3

I've seriously heard we're getting "all joking a salad" t-shirts on Monday, just to steer this thread back on topic. I mean, after all, this is the t-shirt thread.

I'm a little bummed about this in a purely selfish kind of way. I did make the first "All Joking A Salad" t-shirt on Teespring (kinda as a goof) and they actually sold kinda well.(21)

Anyway I guess I'll wait till monday to see what they look like.

Also I did buy an extra that I'm mailing to Earwolf for Scotty today.

• Like 3

There seems to be a lot of debate on all the Earwolf forums I check out about whether or not negative comments are worthwhile. I'm not sure where I fall on that debate because it's fun to discuss stuff with like-minded people and if everyone was 100% positive all the time there would be less to talk about. On the other hand since this is the official site it almost feels rude to me to say something totally negative when I know the people involved may read it and get annoyed that I'm shitting on a free podcast. I think overall it's best to be reasonable and polite when criticizing the creative work people do for our enjoyment. I can understand people not liking this episode - I think it's one of the slightly weaker eps after a run of some truly C+ episodes - but a post like "[Guest], you suck" is a total waste of everyone's time.

• Like 1

Long-time listener, first-time poster. I registered just so I could give Paul Brittain BIG ups for the Chicago Sting jersey. I grew up a Cleveland Force fan myself and I hated the Sting just slightly less than I hated the Baltimore Blast.

We're about the same age - I wonder if indoor soccer holds the same weird spot in his heart as it does in mine.

As for the ep, I like to think the ISIS angle would've taken off if Scott or Jimmy had caught it earlier, or if Paul/Fitch hadn't just let it slip away when Scott & Jimmy first included an "O" in their acronym. It's tough to correct something like that without giving away the whole premise in the first few minutes of the appearance. Not my favorite but Paul's weird accent voices make me laugh.

Probably because they immediately make me think of Croatian import Goran "Funky Boy" Bogdan, which is a nice and funny thing to think about when the CBB ep is more of a C- than C+.

Long-time listener, first-time poster. I registered just so I could give Paul Brittain BIG ups for the Chicago Sting jersey. I grew up a Cleveland Force fan myself and I hated the Sting just slightly less than I hated the Baltimore Blast.

We're about the same age - I wonder if indoor soccer holds the same weird spot in his heart as it does in mine.

As for the ep, I like to think the ISIS angle would've taken off if Scott or Jimmy had caught it earlier, or if Paul/Fitch hadn't just let it slip away when Scott & Jimmy first included an "O" in their acronym. It's tough to correct something like that without giving away the whole premise in the first few minutes of the appearance. Not my favorite but Paul's weird accent voices make me laugh.

Probably because they immediately make me think of Croatian import Goran "Funky Boy" Bogdan, which is a nice and funny thing to think about when the CBB ep is more of a C- than C+.

Also reminded me of his role on Kroll Show's "Signing Bonus", which was hilarious

Who was doing that? Who was telling him and his friends what they did was wrong? I just saw a discussion about how strange Paul's stuff was which turned into someone pointing out that it might have been that Paul/Jimmy didn't pick up what he was doing and then turned further into people speculating that Paul might have been no-but-ing on purpose. I didn't really see anyone being rude (I mean saying you don't like Jimmy is a bit rude), just a discussion on what we heard and what we thought. Is that really complaining?

I like how the CBB forums really reflect the spirit of the show.

• Like 6