๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 360 โ€” Snow Dome

People can post negative things.

It's worth observing that if you're going to post negative things, people will challenge it.

Take a second before posting negative stuff and ask yourself:

"Can I back this up with a thoughtful discussion, and do I want to?"

If the answers to either parts of this question are "nope!" then you should probably maybe not post it and spare everyone else.

ย 

I mean, shitโ€” the Earwolf reddit currently has a better discussion about this episode going on than this board does. I checked it out on a fluke and was like, "Oh, everyone here is saying fun stuff."

• Like 3

Hey, did anyone else hear "He hasn't fucked me since then" when Fitch was talking about his fight with Amad? I was sure that's what he said and was really surprised they didn't comment on that at all. I guess he actually said "bugged me"?

I'm a little bummed about this in a purely selfish kind of way. I did make the first "All Joking A Salad" t-shirt on Teespring (kinda as a goof) and they actually sold kinda well.(21)

I'm not sure what outcome you expected. Is Earwolf supposed to refrain from creating merchandise based on their own podcasts because a bunch of people appropriated a joke and hastily threw together clipart designs without Scott or Ben's permission?

• Like 1

I should also say that I think it's a bit gauche to talk about Paul's famous uncle while ignoring the grieving I'm sure Jimmy is still experiencing from the loss of his relative Don.

• Like 2

"Who knows- maybe Fitch was just a failed character- but for me, Fitch was a well played piece of anti-comedy and 'no-but'ting instead of 'yes-and'ing. Him making the other two jump through hoops until Scott's final meltdown had me laughing my ass off."

ย 

Me too. The response in this thread has been very thatsthejoke.jpg for me. The total refusal to find the game or advance the plot was hilarious and Scott and Pardo trying to do it all from their side made for a good change-of-pace ep. C+.

ย 

That's how I saw it (and enjoyed it) as well. He was being led down the path multiple times to find the game and he actively refused every opportunity. That's what made it funny to me.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what outcome you expected. Is Earwolf supposed to refrain from creating merchandise based on their own podcasts because a bunch of people appropriated a joke and hastily threw together clipart designs without Scott or Ben's permission?

I expected to be recognized as the comedic and digital art genius that I am! At the least Scotty could cut me in on that sweet t-shirt cash that continuously flows into Earwolf.

Best case: We'd become best friends and I'd move in with him and Kulap. I could guest host the show when they're out of town.

Then to top it all off Scott could bestow on me the ultimate privilege of being an Earwolf Moderator. Finally with my life's work complete I could blow my fucking brains out.

Jebus, Dan. I was joking. Did you ask permission before you decided to be such a stick in the mud?

• Like 4

I thought things payed off by not paying off (for a change). I liked the ISIS misdirect (wish the other guys had picked up on it sooner), my only gripe is that the editing made the bomb real in the end, I would've enjoyed if more it was an actual dud and they had some other cap for the episode.

ย 

Also I get the Jimmy Pardo stuff, I was a little cool on him at first (not this episode, but when introduced to him in the past), but I've grown to like him much more over time. I think it was the voice, it does sound like this classic announcer / tv/radio personality schtick and I can get how someone perceives that as rehearsed or whatever. But he's definitely a funny/witty fellow, and I like his rapport with Scott.

• Like 1

If nothing else, this episode gave rise to this week's delightful NNF Player's Club show with Paul. And for that I am thankful !