🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 91 — Tom Scharpling, Our Close Friend

Possibly a new GOAT contender.

There may be nothing funnier in the world than guests that refuse to go along with the show (though it was clear that Sharpling was a fan).

• Like 15

Hat tips get fat lips, better watch that beautiful head of hair of yours, Agata

(I'm just saying this because I thought of the rhyme and I looove sum41. Great hair btw)

• Like 7

ok holy shit, i need to redo my top 5 eps list, i just got to the microwave part

• Like 4

Ihavenoideahowyou'vedonemorethan-bye!

• Like 5

"I mean how is this like a thing, this show?"

"Huh?"

• Like 14

wait till they get to the t-shirts, you'll cream your t-shirt

• Like 2

My revised top 5 after finishing this episode about 2 minutes ago (this is getting difficult to limit it down)

1. Tom Scharpling

2. Scuzz Man

3. John Cochran

4. Matt Gourley

5. Dominic Dierkes

• Like 3

My revised top 5 after finishing this episode about 2 minutes ago (this is getting difficult to limit it down)

1. Tom Scharpling

2. Scuzz Man

3. John Cochran

4. Matt Gourley

5. Dominic Dierkes

this list is wrong because Dave Thomas and Sinbad aren't numbers 1 and 2

• Like 20

sinbad probably shouldve been top 5, and i wont argue with anyone who wants to put Dave Thomas up there as well

• Like 1

Scharpling is tied with Sinbad for my favorite ep now. Sinbad was the perfect example of how to play along and Tom was the perfect example of how to play it straight. I was curious to see how TS would play it cus he has said he loves the show so he obviously gets it but he never really goes silly - he is constantly the straight man to Jon Wurster's characters.

Great ep, I'm gonna do a two-in-one-day on it.

• Like 3

This was a fantastic ep. Even though like 5 people have already said it, it's always hilarious when the guest doesn't want to just go along with their schtick (not in a Pauly Shore way though...then again, that was also funny, but in a bad way. I dont know what to think anymore)

TOP 5

5. Domnic Dierkes/ Nicole Byer (tie)

4. B.J. Novak/ Paul F. Tompkins again (tie)

3. Sinbad/Tom Scharpling (tie)

2. Kumail Nanjiani

1. Dave Thomas

TOP 5 Under-rated eps

5. Sean and Hayes

4. Two Bday Boys

3. Zoe Jarman

2. Sean O'Connor

1. All the other ones

WOAH look at that post number. what is the universe trying to tell me?

Edit: Here's a bonus funny joke - My list is like a Brooks Brothers store with all those ties! It was supposed to be a top 5, but turned into a top 8. It's like it went from being Chris Rock to Tom the Myspace man!

• Like 18

I respect everyone's opinion, but I like the Mary Holland episode best.

• Like 13

I've never listened to an episode (these guys don't really seem to be my cup of tea) so I wouldn't know what the top 5 are.

• Like 22

I respect everyone's opinion, but I like the Mary Holland episode best.

Opinions are like buttholes, not everyone likes to lick them

• Like 18

These top 5 lists are all wrong. Here's mine.

5. Dylan

4. Dylan

3. Dylan

2. Dylan

1. Dylan

Chappelle Show points.

• Like 7

This was fun episode with fun and willing guest who really gets it and isn't mean. But there was a lot of hot dog talk and I think I should be pro version winner because I can make your hot dogs be nice with a whisper. Why no pro version?

• Like 6

Great ep! Enjoyed Bozo's Mencia joke as well. Very relieved the show continues. I had dental work done today and I don't feel so good.

• Like 7

Glad Sean continues to spread the word about reLIEgion being responsible for all the worlds problems.

It's rare to see a white male comedian take such a bold atheist (aka correct) stance against unicorn fairy tales after Rocky Gervais was sent to the same prison as Bill Hicks for telling too much smartness.

• Like 9

Great ep! Enjoyed Bozo's Mencia joke as well. Very relieved the show continues. I had dental work done today and I don't feel so good.

i drew you this to aid your spirits in recovering. it's a robot head dropped on a scienceman's workshop floor and is leaking oil. as though that needed to be explained.

XlFMXSD.png

• Like 11

Blah blah blah great show blah blah

Nobody reads this shit anymore

All just focused on their fuckin like count

I miss my brother Chanson and our dad the Boat.

I guess i also miss that woman who volunteered to pretend to be Chansons shadow.

Its weird but i think we're finally accepting it as a family.

U know this is my favorite type of episodr when the guest is fake mad lol idk they always get my jollys. Reminds me more of RSS days when the but of the joke wasnt always Pete Holmes the two pump chump thats wife left him cuz she couldn't make him laugh which is why he now overcompensates so no one will leave him. Poor Pete, youre so annoying of course everyone will leave u.

So yes more shows like this.

hmmm parts of this are mean

I for one am not very concerned about my likes

• Like 15

argh I wish there were someone in my life I could share this episode with. I have played HH for a few friends, and while they chuckle, I dont think they APPRECIATE IT ENOUGH. To do so I guess Id have to explain all the callbacks/recurring gags (Sean's dad/lizard brains/Wolfcool/popcorn gallery/etc)

On a similar note I am making my girlfriend watch Arrested Development for the first time. Ive watched the series all the way through (lets not talk about season 4 as that never happened in my mind) probably 5 times, and while she laughs in the right spots I am constantly having to restrain myself from pausing the episode and shouting "DONT YOU COMPREHEND HOW BRILLIANT THAT JOKE WAS THAT THEY SET UP 5 EPISODES AGO!??!?!?!??!?!?!?"

tl;dr I have issues and need help

• Like 3

Impossible to rank the eps, but my top ten favorite would probably be:

Tom Sharpling

Sinbad

Dave Holmes

Zoe Jarmon

PFT #2

Adam Pally

Dave Thomas

BJ Novac

Mary Holland

David Letterman

EDIT: Also AJ is wrong for not liking Season 4 of Arrested Development. It's brilliant. Yeah, that's right. I threw out the B word.

• Like 7