🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 91 — Tom Scharpling, Our Close Friend

Speaking of cake, is funfetti just vanilla cake with sprinkles in it or is it its on flavor completely? I cant find anything on bing about it

Cosign madvillainy being the best rap album ever. No hyperbole.

Can't even compare it to other rap albums. It's contemporaries are like pet sounds, rubber soul, ok computer

i don't think it was as innovative in its genre as Pet Sounds or OK Computer. the quality is there, however. I'd say the Pet Sounds of hip hop was The Low End Theory

• Like 5

To Pimp a Butterly is like the Amnesiac of rap music.

Mostly because Kendrick totally ripped off Pyramid Song for How Much A Dollar Cost.

• Like 2

Jim Gaffigan's show is on TvLand which means I would have to look to find out where TvLand is which means I will never watch his show. Also it being on deep cable makes me think it must stink which is weird because I love IFC But IFC has that indie cache? Am I making any sense?

• Like 1

Guys I changed my mind.

I am black after all.

• Like 6

• I'm still white
  • The College Dropout is like the Saved by the Bell: The College Years of rap music
  • TV Land seems too wholesome to me, and Jim Gaffigan is very funny, but also very family-friendly, so I probably won't watch it. Also, I don't have cable. I like to watch shows on cable channels that also show Harvey Keitel's whole freakin weiner, so I like IFC shows even if there's no weiners in them. I just like knowing that there could be
  • I thought Funfetti was just the sprinkles, or icing with sprinkles in it. It's not cake. Sort of like how apples are not pie, but you could have a pie with apples in it

• Like 2

Jim Gaffigan's show is on TvLand which means I would have to look to find out where TvLand is which means I will never watch his show. Also it being on deep cable makes me think it must stink which is weird because I love IFC But IFC has that indie cache? Am I making any sense?

I cant get past the fact that both Maron and Gaffigan probably have shows because of the popularity of Louie.

Do u guys do twitter ? I would like to follow u guys

• Like 2

Do u guys do twitter ? I would like to follow u guys

1 verified user comedian and 2 I have seen on TV follow me so things are going pretty well for me on twitter.

• Like 2

Guys I changed my mind.

I am black after all.

I'd say you can't do that, but it's been a weird few months and I just don't know anymore.

• Like 3

@nohorseman, I not only invaded your state today, but I went deep inside of it. It was MAMMOTH.

I've lived here for my whole life and haven't been! I need to. What did you think?

• Like 3

Also if u could post your government names and your SSN please and thanks

• Like 1

i don't think it was as innovative in its genre as Pet Sounds or OK Computer. the quality is there, however. I'd say the Pet Sounds of hip hop was The Low End Theory

I always thought the Pet Sounds of hip hop was Paul's Boutique. And I'm not just saying that because I did Beastie Boys joke earlier. You'll notice that I didn't make any remarks when the subject of Paul Revere arose organically soon after my bringing up the Beastie Boys. I'm practicing reference-restraint.

I DID IT WITH A WIFFLE BALL BAT

• Like 7

I have a twitter, but I only use it to follow Greggy. He says funny things, you should follow him too!

• Like 4

I have a twitter, but I only use it to follow Greggy. He says funny things, you should follow him too!

@greggy?

@joemcgurl

Very funny twitter page and heck pretty great if you ask me

• Like 4

@joemcgurl

Very funny twitter page and heck pretty great if you ask me

If it is good for Barry O, it is good enough for me!

The intructor for my partly online class hasn't rolled out the Blackboard portion for this week and I am very bored so if you want to follow ME on twitter so I can creep all your posts please do!

@Liz_Muffins

Edited by elizamuffins

I cant get past the fact that both Maron and Gaffigan probably have shows because of the popularity of Louie.

No way man. I don't think Marc Macaroni has a show is just because Louie is popular. Those shows are way different. I can't speak on Gaffigan because I haven't watched it. But I doubt Jim will be doing cool, surreal, short movie like Louie. Maron is all about him and his problems with with hot girls he yells at and bangs. Louie makes cool story arcs where he auditions for the Late Show against Seinfeld (another comedian with a sitcom loosely based on his life). Featuring David Lynch in a cool and weird roll.

Or we can agree to disagree because your named made me chuckle heartily

• Like 2

I am steamed that this episode didnt make Podmass on the AV Club this week :angry:

• Like 1

I always thought the Pet Sounds of hip hop was Paul's Boutique. And I'm not just saying that because I did Beastie Boys joke earlier. You'll notice that I didn't make any remarks when the subject of Paul Revere arose organically soon after my bringing up the Beastie Boys. I'm practicing reference-restraint.

I might actually agree with [Multiple "O" Person]. Pet Sounds was groundbreaking because of its production. Low End Theory was integral in dictating the sound of the second half of the golden era of hip-hop.

Madvillainy is one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, but it's for nerds, mostly.

• Like 2

I know about Madvillainy of course, but for the posters who are not music guys like us you could you speak on that?

• Like 3

It's a collaborative hip-hop album produced by a semi-anonymous man who frequently binges on psilocybin mushrooms with lyrical content provided by a mostly-anonymous guy who wears the mask and adopts some of the persona of a Marvel supervillain

• Like 4