🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 91 — Tom Scharpling, Our Close Friend

The thread is on its last few breaths, I have a few suggestions, things I will keep suggesting until they come into existence: Chelsea Peretti on HH. Sean and Hayes on Who Charted. And a new one from me: everyone should watch World of Tomorrow, an animated short film from Sundance about which folks are rightfully atwitter

See you next time I decide to continue these passive campaigns! ilu

• Like 3

Madvillainy has no choruses. It's like straight rappity rap with lots of crazy internal rhyme schemes. Short 2 minute songs that are generally at least 4 flame emojis.

• Like 5

I will go to the grave saying that I adore Doom's work with all of his aliases and also Madlibs production, but I cant stand the comic book skit things he includes on each album. I understand his whole mythos is based on this, but it ruins the flow of the album for me.

MM..Food and the King Geedorah albums are my favorites of what he has done

• Like 2

I love the comic book stuff on his albums. But I could definitely understand why someone might not be into it

• Like 1

to be fair, i am one of those types who cant stand comic books in the first place and think they are fucking dumb and for little kids, but nothing like bumping a great track and then sitting there for 45 seconds after it ends as some stupid clip about the backstory of Doctor Doom plays.

I actually like Pete Holmes and I think this shirt should cease existing

[snip]

Edit: You live right by Collector's Edge, AJ, and you don't even like comics?! Pump gas, man. Pump gas.

who's on the show tomorrow? anyone got an insider info?

also, APPARENTLY THERE ARE HEYNONG MAN T-SHIRTS ALREADY AND STILL NO HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOK T-SHIRTS? Come on Scott, if anyone could understand the desire for t-shirts, it's gotta be you.

• Like 1

No way man. I don't think Marc Macaroni has a show is just because Louie is popular. Those shows are way different. I can't speak on Gaffigan because I haven't watched it. But I doubt Jim will be doing cool, surreal, short movie like Louie. Maron is all about him and his problems with with hot girls he yells at and bangs. Louie makes cool story arcs where he auditions for the Late Show against Seinfeld (another comedian with a sitcom loosely based on his life). Featuring David Lynch in a cool and weird roll.

Or we can agree to disagree because your named made me chuckle heartily

I do agree that they are totally different in content. My point is that the shows themselves aren't sitcoms like Seinfeld, but are mostly about these dudes and their quasi fictionalized lives as comedians and the crazy stuff that happens to them.

with that said, Ive seen about five minutes of the Maron show, zero minutes of the Gaffigan show, and a lot of the Louie show, so Im really just talking out of my ass

• Like 2

Maybe thats why everything you say smells like shit.

• Like 9

I think the HH fanbase is the right combination of impoverished/elitist to sell few shirts

• Like 6

"As fun as these guest appearances are, they’re not entirely necessary. Even if it were just the two faux-blustering co-hosts for a full hour, this would be well worth a listen." [DD]

-AVClub

and I have to agreee

• Like 3

I actually like Pete Holmes and I think this shirt should cease existing

1dkiRVQ.jpg

Edit: You live right by Collector's Edge, AJ, and you don't even like comics?! Pump gas, man. Pump gas.

CJ0TXP6UkAAnEdh.jpg

I walk by Collector's Edge all the time and scoff at the low lifes inside, because that is the type of elitist i am :D

"As fun as these guest appearances are, they’re not entirely necessary. Even if it were just the two faux-blustering co-hosts for a full hour, this would be well worth a listen." [DD]

-AVClub

and I have to agreee

The guests are pretty hit and miss but Sean and Hayes are always on point.

• Like 1

my dream guest on HH would be a alien, or a talking animal, i would just like to see the boys get a big scoop

• Like 14

i still say jaden smith would be a top notch guest

• Like 4

they already had a goddamn forum member on the show. Where do they go from here?

What if Howard Kremer was on? I can't decide if that would be good or terrible. Probably terrible. Or maybe good. What if Kramer from Seinfeld was on? What if Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep were on doing a table read of Kramer vs. Kramer 2: Kramer's Revenge?

• Like 2

maybe they could talk to a chair. that's been pretty controversial historically.

• Like 3

i still say jaden smith would be a top notch guest

i'm pretty sure greggy knows him.

• Like 2

I psyched myself up enough to listen to the zoe jarman lapkast, and LL dropped a "speak on that" - is it the upandcoming catchphrase on everyone's lips?

Maybe thats why everything you say smells like shit.

Buddy, you don't smell said things. you hear them.

• Like 1

I know you all already know my Twitter stuff from my signature every time you read it closely needing to know more about "the man behind the golden posts."

• Like 5

I have it on good authority that both Hayes Davenport and Sean Clements will be on the next episode.

• Like 3

Bozos made a great joke once. That was really the golden era of this forum.

• Like 17

Bozos made a great joke once. That was really the golden era of this forum.

I think you are remembering that wrong.