🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 91 — Tom Scharpling, Our Close Friend

Well since no one is talking about it I guess I'll just come out and say it, the private Popcorn Gallery party was great this week. The upcoming guests are INSANE (no spoilies, but one of them is a big name and also there are more big names to be revealed at future parties) and some of the questions were so off the chain. Anastasia and Agata combined for a 2 parter that blew the doors off the convention center, I still remember the look on Hayes's face when he heard it. Greggy dropped a silent question which I got but apparently some people there didn't. Joe and Kev dropped a new rap song about @midnight and a "points" chant started when they finished, it was dope. Sean and Hayes finished the conference by announcing some new pro version features such as complimentary HH branded Google Glass that give you a 24/7 GPS to the nearest VIP party as well as the new Optimus Rift for at-home gaming.

Can't wait for next week's party, maybe you guys will get an invite probably not though.

• Like 10

they say all that glitters isn't gold except when it comes to Bozos' posts circa early summer 2015.

• Like 1

Can't wait for next week's party, maybe you guys will get an invite probably not though.

guess I'll go eat worms :(

• Like 4

The guest this week is Jared Leto (shirtless and in character as the Joker). Also, Jared the Subway guy stops in to talk about how he's not a pedophile

• Like 2

To Pimp a Butterly is like the time my dog ate my cat's throw up and proceeded to throw up of rap music.

Mostly because Kendrick totally ripped off Pyramid Song for How Much A Dollar Cost.

while most people agree with your second point, and i'm not sure how it relates to the first, i'm glad someone shares that first view point with me.

most overacclaimed album of the year, if not decade thus far.

• Like 1

I always thought the Pet Sounds of hip hop was Paul's Boutique. And I'm not just saying that because I did Beastie Boys joke earlier. You'll notice that I didn't make any remarks when the subject of Paul Revere arose organically soon after my bringing up the Beastie Boys. I'm practicing reference-restraint.

I DID IT WITH A WIFFLE BALL BAT

I think that Paul's Boutique is more comparable to something like Remain In Light for new wave, as it didn't define or revolutionize the genre, but it did change the course that the genre would take, and was ahead of it's time in production techniques

• Like 2

Has anyone watched Clipped yet?

I am scared.

a guy from my communications class last semester was in the pilot, he was sitting in the barber's chair getting his hair cut around 8 minutes in, and had a nice exchange of dialogue with a character. what a doosie.

awful show, i still laughed at Lauren's parts, because I was just imagining her talking to intern andy and making him horny on the Hollywood Handbook podcast. now THAT was a comedy episode i'll repeat.

this is my third consecutive post. i should multi-quote. or throw them all together using the 'edit' function.

• Like 2

I've lived here for my whole life and haven't been! I need to. What did you think?

It's actually pretty awesome, I would recommend it. Well, I guess I just did.

• Like 1

I think that Paul's Boutique is more comparable to something like Remain In Light for new wave, as it didn't define or revolutionize the genre, but it did change the course that the genre would take, and was ahead of it's time in production techniques

Quality music nerdery, right here

while most people agree with your second point, and i'm not sure how it relates to the first, i'm glad someone shares that first view point with me.

This, too. Though, I think I might have an irrational dislike of him. His respectability politics certainly don't help.

• Like 1

agreed. for some reason Kendrick Lamar bores me to tears. Same with Vince Staples most recent album--highly acclaimed, got listened to once and probably never again. I also feel the same way about just about everything Kanye puts out. I think hes a boring MC and the only people blown away by the production on Yeezus were the people who hadnt been paying attention to people like Evian Christ for years already.

/snooty music rant over

• Like 2

Really loved this episode and its spiritual (and literal) sequels!