🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 215 — Loneliness

Singer-songwriter Sarah Ruth stops by the hatch to discuss loneliness. Sarah gives us tips on how to be a loner which includes: taking yourself on a date, relating to yourself as another person, and being okay with having an imaginary friend.

I am also loner! And an orphan! And sometimes lonely! I think Sarah and I should be friends. We can hang out alone together.

(Seriously, she is adorable.)

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Find a penny, pick it up. All the day, you'll have good luck.

• Like 1

Oh my god Kyle's video is amazing. Im surprised by how good he looks! I always thought he was joking about the gym stuff but it seems he's really been creaming his lats.

• Like 3

Good to hear everyone together in the same room again! Sounds like they had to hustle to get this one done and I appreciate the work.

I'm halfway through and am fascinated by the strange but endearing Sarah Ruth.

• Like 1

Another good way to ward off loneliness or feeling alone.... listening to podcasts!

Great to have the whole gang back in the hatch. And the guest was delightful. It was fun hearing a non-comedian/improv person playing along with Kyle's Christ High silliness.

I love this show so much and really appreciate all of the different types of guests for each topic. But, Tig's general lack of care for everything and anyone other than her and her life is getting old. I felt bad for Sarah needing to correct the name of her imaginary friend Pingle who was obviously very special to her. I miss the old days when Tig actually liked doing this podcast and invested energy into the guests. Maybe a spinoff from blastoff with just the two amigos?

• Like 1

Sarah was so sweet and charming! And I am an extrovert who really struggles with loneliness, so it was nice to hear a new take on the subject. And it was warm and fuzzy to have everyone back home in the hatch together :) And just to let Kyle know ,if he reads this--yes, I had a good experience watching your video. You are an Adonis.

I love this show so much and really appreciate all of the different types of guests for each topic. But, Tig's general lack of care for everything and anyone other than her and her life is getting old. I felt bad for Sarah needing to correct the name of her imaginary friend Pingle who was obviously very special to her. I miss the old days when Tig actually liked doing this podcast and invested energy into the guests. Maybe a spinoff from blastoff with just the two amigos?

She just got out of the hospital, cut her a little slack.

EDITED: Because I felt I came off too harshly. I'm a huge fan of the show, I just hope that Tig still enjoys doing it for a while to come and doesn't become too busy to record. I would listen to a podcast with just David and Kyle but it wouldn't quite be the same without Tig's salty quips.

I loved this episode. Does anyone have a twitter/facebook/whatever link for Sarah? Her name isn't easy to google.

• Like 1

I loved this episode. Does anyone have a twitter/facebook/whatever link for Sarah? Her name isn't easy to google.

Her full name is Sarah Ruth Alexander, but there's a British actress (who I recognize from the fantastic Green Wing) named Sarah Alexander, so I guess she goes by "Sarah Ruth" to avoid confusion. She seems to be largely absent from social media, although her record label is Pour le Corps and you can check out her music on their Soundcloud channel.

• Like 2

Her full name is Sarah Ruth Alexander, but there's a British actress (who I recognize from the fantastic Green Wing) named Sarah Alexander, so I guess she goes by "Sarah Ruth" to avoid confusion. She seems to be largely absent from social media, although her record label is Pour le Corps and you can check out her music on their Soundcloud channel.

Sarah Ruth's "Words on the Wind" album can be found here: https://pourlecorpsr...mp.com/releases or on iTunes/Spotify/etc.

Thank you both!

• Like 1

"I hope I don't sound schmucky, ya know, like that pick up artist guy?"

Sarah just dropping cherries on the top of a fantastic sundae of an episode.

• Like 2

Good episode. Sarah was kind of endearingly weird and meshed well with the gang. I'm glad that it's getting fleshed out into something more than the same few lines over and over again, but I think I've had enough of Christ High as a weekly feature.

Oh, also, putting a more positive spin on Tig's lack of engagement, sounds like she'll be on an upcoming CBB!

Good episode. Sarah was kind of endearingly weird and meshed well with the gang. I'm glad that it's getting fleshed out into something more than the same few lines over and over again, but I think I've had enough of Christ High as a weekly feature.

Never stop Christ High. Never. Kyle insisting on improv jump ins but also insisting on them sticking to the script that he never told anyone about was some of the best pod lately.

What a goofy fun episode. Sarah was game for anything.

• Like 3

Christ High may be one of my top favorite blastoff things great episode too fantastic guest!!!

Great ep guys!

It's nice to finally hear Kyle as the one messing up the harmonies!

Go Christ High! I was surprised that Nicole has boobs: I imagined her to be one of those smallest-in-the-class types.

"You look kind of like Shelley Duvall" was a weird compliment

I also really want to hear an episode about accent disorders, I know a few people whose accents seem to have come out of nowhere, and think it's super fascinating.

This was a great ep! Such a treat to have the gang back together, they've gotta be one of the busiest podcasts (in addition to being healthiest and best looking)

I think Tig has had an insane few years of hard work, tragedy, freakin' CANCER followed by more work than ever (?) with regular trips to the hospital. She has almost died twice but survived, her career has taken off, and she's about to get married. All this over the course of what, 2 or 3 years? That's insane! I don't blame her one bit for *possibly* feeling less engaged with the podcast.

....but I don't really think that showed this week. It certainly showed when she was on the phone explicitly talking about it, but I think some burn out is warranted when you just got out of the hospital AGAIN during a tour.

Anyway. This episode was a lot of fun. I'm glad they're still doing it.

• Like 3