🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 16 - An Intergalactic Performing Arts School

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all the important people back to this sacred place known as SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Canadian actor Aaron Abrams of NBC’s Hannibal! They chat about reasons Aaron would give to never talk to his cousins again, question why people make Christmas cards, and reminisce about the time Aaron was rushed into having a Bar Mitzvah. Paul is then joined by James Bladon, Matt Gourley, and Mark McConville of Superego to improvise a story set at an Intergalactic School for the Performing Arts. As always, the wondrous Eban Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next LIVE SPONTANEANATION will be recorded at Largo on Saturday, August 1st! Last time, live audiences ONLY got to hear Paul and guest Scott Aukerman cover a Smiths song; what exclusive live moments will the August audience get? Get your tickets before it sells out: bit.ly/SPONT815

Amazing episode. Mark McConville and Matt Girly, what more could you ask for

For anyone interested, the "jewish wooden cube you strap to your head" is called Tefillin...

and much love to Eban softly playing a slowed down version of Hava Nagila right after the story too!

Is eban jewish? i am pretty sure it is a hebrew name

• Like 2

Jeremy, Jeremy. Wherefore art thou Jeremy?

So excited to listen to this.

• Like 2

Beep bop boop!

I think Gourley tried to set up a T-16 joke but no one bit.

"Can these guys get it together? Can we?"

Such a religious episode. And all of our improvisers are named after apostles! Matt, Mark, James, and Paul get the gang back together again... for a rousing round of improvisational comedy.

• Like 3

Clickbait headline: "Comedian Paul F. Tompkins says everyone should get divorced after nine and a half years!"

"Weddings should last 5 minutes. And marriages should last a MILLION TIMES that!"
  • Like 8

Also could we get a rule that there has to be at least one PFT song in every episode? Because improvised PFT songs are always the best.

• Like 1

Beep bop boop Paul posted these really cute gifs of the studio pictures on his tumblr

this one is my fave beep bop boop

tumblr_nqqnb9JcHS1qzu9gno3_400.gif

• Like 10

I love how Aaron's impression of Paul sounds like Matt Besser's "guy off in the distance" character.

• Like 1

This might be one of my favourites yet.

In other PFT news, Bojack Horseman's back on Friday!

• Like 3

The character ads are back!

Also, everything else in the episode is very funny!

• Like 4

Beep bop boop Paul posted these really cute gifs of the studio pictures on his tumblr

this one is my fave beep bop boop

tumblr_nqqnb9JcHS1qzu9gno3_400.gif

For some reason, when I watch this, I feel like Matt and Mark are castmembers on In Living Color.

• Like 4

Paul, blink twice if Cards Against Humanity is holding you against your will

• Like 8

For some reason, when I watch this, I feel like Matt and Mark are castmembers on In Living Color.

Ha! Wow, good call! It reminded me of something but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Mitch and Dolores are back! Woo! Now if they could only find themselves in some more Dire Straits...

• Like 1

"We've started on a needlessly sour note, and-"

-plonk-

Eban, you are simmmmmmmmply the best.

• Like 4

Did anyone get to that Christmas Card point in the interview part and realize, "Oh right, PFT used to do John C. Reilly on CBB"?

Now I have to go look up either the actual episode, or the Best Of episode, with the part where John C. Reilly and Jon Hamm have an "Act Off" and the tear basin comes into play for how moved our competitors get. :D

Eban going into "If I only had a heart" while robot Paul complains about not having emotions was genius

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this