🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 92 — Fans, Our Close Fans

I'm looking to be a forum dad

Can't settle for forum bro.

Sorry

• Like 5

Hey Joe,

If you pick me to be your forum bro, you can hang out with me and my pals.

scott_paul.jpg

who the hell are these guys?

oooh wait..is the guy with the mustache the one who was on 2 eps of HH? I don't know the other guy.

• Like 4

Holding auditions for someone to become my new "forum bro" since BoScout has seemingly died. I'm not going to tell you what the qualifications are but my bro can be male or female. Right now Spunky is in the lead.

Can forum Bros meet at DeeJays on main Ave for a hot wing hoagie, or Ninas for some wing bites?

Disclaimer: I am a West Sider.

• Like 3

I'm not going to read through 22 pages. Can someone summarise the thread so far, please?

• Like 10

Joe, I wish you well in your quest for a best bro. I feel like Jo is a strong contender (plus your names sound the same -- high laugh potential there, right?!) However, if you're looking for someone to live up to Bo Scout's precedent, I worry that can only lead to disappointment.

• Like 10

I'm not going to read through 22 pages. Can someone summarise the thread so far, please?

Yes.

• Like 9

· Forumers expressed surprise, pride and envy (the 7 deadly sins) upon learning of fellow forumers promotion from fan to guest (this will not be interesting to you, Andrew)

· Dixon made the most incredible/unsettling photoshop yet

· A Bear was cranky about something I think (salmon too slippery?)

· Jakal had a few zingers

· Witty Llama made a questionable choice with one of her posts, but she means well

· Tim Treese made a crazy fucking joke about the cretaceous era. So good

· MBoP was piiiiiissed

· Chanson is buying a condo on Hayes Court in Davenport, IA. We’re all invited to a housewarming bbq is September (details to follow)

· Some creepy app that makes all your pictures look like nightmare caterpillars. Try to avoid that.

· Veebs started some for real-real talk. People shared their darkest life experiences and emotions. It was a bummer.

· Engineer Brett posted something

· Blink made his 182nd post (get it?)

· Tyler had a triple kegger in old rick field. Some people went, but no one’s really talking about it. I think something weird went down.

· Spunky had a few gems. One about boiled pizza was particularly enjoyable.

· A funny Bernie Sanders/NBA 2K mash up happened

· Some Swedish guy showed up. I don’t really get it.

· BoScout is dead. Joe McGurl needs a new bro

amendment: Andrew, you should know that your presence was requested to help reign in an alarming number of rogue threads that have been popping up.

Edited by SteveH
  • Like 13

·And, boy oh boy, did I have a real humdinger apples and oranges joke.

• Like 5

I rep Boston so I don't think it is a good match My Pop Pop was from Philly, uh I think Pootstown or something specifically.

A kid who works at Market Basket said he liked my RIP Harris T-shirt so I felt cool for a second then gave him an awkward thumbs up and the entire rest of the shopping trip was me wondering just how lame I came off.

But maybe he thought I was pretty cool?

I have had a lot lot of coffee today.

• Like 5

A kid who works at Market Basket said he liked my RIP Harris T-shirt so I felt cool for a second then gave him an awkward thumbs up and the entire rest of the shopping trip was me wondering just how lame I came off.

But maybe he thought I was pretty cool?

Which market basket? I have that shirt too and want to feel cool.

• Like 2

Which market basket? I have that shirt too and want to feel cool.

Woburn

• Like 2

I'm in the market for a Forum Big Brother(or Sister!)-type to mentor me. I'm eager to learn and I'm also very respectful. Thanks.

• Like 2

HH forums need but 50ish more replies to overtake CBB. So here's a total non-sequitur question, also I've been dieting and am obsessed with food:

What's the best sandwich you can get in the city that you live in? Or perhaps what is your city's signature sandwich?

Kentucky does a sort of strange thing where they make a redneck version of Turkey Divan and put it over toast in a little dish. It's called a hot brown based off this hotel that 'invented it' and it's pretty good. Although I don't eat them often. I don't really even eat sandwiches all that often, most of the places around here are chains. I had a really good patty melt off a food truck a couple of years ago and I'm still talking about it though.

• Like 4

Can I be the forum insignificant neighbor that nobody knows yet and doesn't really post good content but content is still content so whatever

• Like 7

Lobster roll on a grilled new England style hot dog bun. There are roast beef places everywhere too but I am not crazy about them . I grew up close to a terrible town called Lawrence that is almost useless except there are some great old school Italian eateries. Got my boyfriend some ricotta crispellis and a rice ball from up there yesterday and he said they were amazing and he is from Chicago so he really knows food.

Edited by elizamuffins
  • Like 3

What's the best sandwich you can get in the city that you live in? Or perhaps what is your city's signature sandwich?

^

Wow great question

Without a doubt, it's gotta be the Big Mac from McDonald's.. So good

• Like 9

Regatta from Regatta, or a George's Coney Island chili dog, if that counts.

There was a cafe that opened in Belfast at the start of this year that only did crisp sandwiches. After a month or so they decided to also serve stew. They shut down after another couple of months. They wrote puns that didn't actually work on a chalkboard outside of the cafe. I never visited.

This is the end of my story.

If you would like to hear more stories click the "I like this" button.

• Like 11

There was a cafe that opened in Belfast at the start of this year that only did crisp sandwiches. After a month or so they decided to also serve stew. They shut down after another couple of months. They wrote puns that didn't actually work on a chalkboard outside of the cafe. I never visited.

This is the end of my story.

If you would like to hear more stories click the "I like this" button.

Yo what's a crisp sandwich mean for Americans tho

• Like 1

Yo what's a crisp sandwich mean for Americans tho

sharp corners

• Like 5

Joe Mande fav'd another one of my tweets. Crisps are chips and chips are fries.

• Like 4

HH forums need but 50ish more replies to overtake CBB. So here's a total non-sequitur question, also I've been dieting and am obsessed with food:

Kentucky does a sort of strange thing where they make a redneck version of Turkey Divan and put it over toast in a little dish. It's called a hot brown based off this hotel that 'invented it' and it's pretty good. Although I don't eat them often. I don't really even eat sandwiches all that often, most of the places around here are chains. I had a really good patty melt off a food truck a couple of years ago and I'm still talking about it though.

Here, in Hollywood, we have this sammy called the J-Law. Its two, plump chicken breasts, oven roasted on white bread with no toppings or sauce. The meat marinates for years, I'm told, before its good enough to be sold to audiences. B)

There's also the Cruise. Its a sub sammy, as you might have guessed by the name, and its as big as a submarine :lol: :lol: :lol: . Its almost impossible to eat on its own, but you're also not allowed to tell anyone about it or ask for professional help, or you'll be taken away. Don't worry I'm using a proxy server to type this. :ph34r:

Oh, you have to try the Cosby. Its a triple decker turkey sammy. So much triptafen, it'll put you right to sleep. But, you'll still have all the memories! :wub:

I haven't tried the Caitelyn, yet. I'm hearing some mixed reviews. Some people say its a polish sasuage on a bun. Another person told me its a fish taco. :unsure:

• Like 9

E5K4OVR.jpg?1

Forum Wilson?

• Like 6