🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 92 — Fans, Our Close Fans

What's the best sandwich you can get in the city that you live in? Or perhaps what is your city's signature sandwich?

There are roast beef places everywhere too but I am not crazy about them .

While certainly not our best sandwich available, elizamuffins' mention of roast beef triggered some violent flashbacks of my time working at Arby's when I was 16. There's one memorable experience when we actually ran out of roast beef, yet stayed open. I worked drive thru that day and had to open every transaction with, "Thank you for choosing Arby's, just to let you know we have run out of roast beef. What can I get you?" And that's how I learned the business concept of supply and demand: When you have no supply, your customers demand that you go screw yourself.

• Like 8

Holding auditions for someone to become my new "forum bro" since BoScout has seemingly died. I'm not going to tell you what the qualifications are but my bro can be male or female. Right now Spunky is in the lead.

Hey Joe, It seems like no one's really taking part in your bro-off. That makes me a bit sad. Has the general spirit of healthy competition completely left the zeitgeist of virtual culture? I hope not. I don't really believe in hierarchies as a rule, but I do appreciate the guidance and tutelage your reign over these forums provides. Really I'm torn between enthusiastic fundamentalist reverence and violent juvenile resistance.

My internal conflict has led me to express myself visually in the form of a from memory rendering of something I once drew in a friends yearbook sometime in the late 1980's. I think it really says it all. Please take it as a token of my confused mindset and not as a submission to any theoretical contest.

Love, souprman

PforQfM.jpg

• Like 7

I once had a breakfast sandwich that had a hash brown on it, and this was years before Taco Bell made it cool

Also, here in NJ and some surrounding areas we have a delicious regional processed nitrate filled meat food called pork roll that is traditionally eaten for breakfast on a sandwich, usually a bagel, called the "pork roll egg and cheese". For some reason this meat product never made it very far past NJ.

• Like 3

We have this traditional dish here called the 'Dodger Dog' It's like a hot dog, but instead of ending where a hot dog normally would, there's some more after.

Also, i had a hamburger once that had donuts instead of buns. It was gross

• Like 3

Hey, Joe, can I call you Joe? I can be your bro if you'll have it. I can make an audition tape if you want. Do you have any preliminary questions you want answered? I might not be the most popular poster, and I might not always be around, but I've got heart. And heart is hard to come by in this crazy, fucked up world of ours.

Much love,

JeffreyParties.

• Like 2

You guys ever put french fries on a sandwich? We do that here. We also put them on salads.

I know other places do the fries on sandwiches(not sure where it started), but pretty sure fries on salad is very Pittsburgh specific.

You guys ever put french fries on a sandwich? We do that here. We also put them on salads.

How about french fries in a burrito? Yeah, uh, we got that. B)

(I had no idea french fries on a salad could be done. My god, this changes everything.)

• Like 2

Here, in Hollywood, we have this sammy called the J-Law. Its two, plump chicken breasts, oven roasted on white bread with no toppings or sauce. The meat marinates for years, I'm told, before its good enough to be sold to audiences. B)

There's also the Cruise. Its a sub sammy, as you might have guessed by the name, and its as big as a submarine :lol: :lol: :lol: . Its almost impossible to eat on its own, but you're also not allowed to tell anyone about it or ask for professional help, or you'll be taken away. Don't worry I'm using a proxy server to type this. :ph34r:

Oh, you have to try the Cosby. Its a triple decker turkey sammy. So much triptafen, it'll put you right to sleep. But, you'll still have all the memories! :wub:

I haven't tried the Caitelyn, yet. I'm hearing some mixed reviews. Some people say its a polish sasuage on a bun. Another person told me its a fish taco. :unsure:

I like your long posts Normie. But I especially like how you spell sausage. "Sa-su-age" It sounds like a new-age martial art based on ancient Sicilian fighting techniques.

• Like 2

Our favorite round here is called a five dollar footlong, cold cut trio.

It's a six dollar cold cut combo that's only 11 inches long.

• Like 6

I used to work with a bunch of people who were in Toledo and they all seemed miserable and old. Is that accurate?

• Like 1

I used to work with a bunch of people who were in Toledo and they all seemed miserable and old. Is that accurate?

Yeah but they're dummies- you will do better in toledo

Fries on salad >>>>>>

With chicken and Italian dressing ?

Incredible

The roast pork banh mi from InterAsian Market and Deli. I wish I could explain it to you, but it's not possible.

• Like 2

If it's a decent banh mi it's three types of pork, a ghee type spread, chilli paste, coriander/cilantro, carrot, and some sweet rice vinegar on a crispy rice flour roll. It's a textbook example of a great sandwich. Its got a contrast of textures between soft and crunchy and a contrast between sweet and savory with the perfect amount of fat.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/15/dining/build-a-better-sandwich.html

That article will help you all up your game.

• Like 9

Wow devscoots .. amazing description. That sounds wonderful

I have to try that sandwich.

No .. I must fuck that sandwich.

• Like 3

We're talking about sandwiches and my name is chicknsandwich so maybe I can say a joke like "my favorite sandwich is a chicken sandwich" or something and then everyone will laugh and it'll be really funny.

• Like 14

I go to a restaurant and they are serving fries on salad ,I am walking the heck out. You can't trust maniacs like that with food prep and cleanliness.

• Like 7

They have a lot of Indian food near me, but I don't think there are Indian sandwiches

• Like 1

JefferiesPanties with two good jokes on this page.

Am I being sincere? You be the judge.

(Spoiler alert: I am)

• Like 4