🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

26 We Can't Dance Together

HOORAY indeed. Today's guests Limbaugh impression was impeccable. Good stuff.

Also can we keep using this thread to discuss all further episodes until they kick us out? Lol.

• Like 2

Saw in the news today that Midroll Media was acquired by EW Scripps.

Do you think that that deal being finalized had something to do with the hasty departure of the Hooray Show?

I think the answer is pretty simple.

Earwolf's stated goal is to take care of all the technical details—providing studio space, recording equipment, engineers, editing, file hosting, distribution, ad sales, merchandise production, online sales, and fulfillment—so comedians need only schedule studio time, show up, and be funny. In return, Earwolf takes a sizable cut of the profits.

Horatio and Chad have their own studio space, recording equipment, engineer (Chad), editor (Chad), and a schedule too erratic to book days or weeks in advance. They were virtually self-sufficient from the outset, and therefore never really fit into the standard Earwolf profit sharing model, so they amicably parted ways and now publish the show themselves.

• Like 3

I imagine being on Earwolf in the beginning helped establish a solid listener-base, being that Horatio's a fan favorite on CBB and i4h.

Have they said why it's only on Soundcloud and not Itunes?? I kinda only use Itunes ya know

Have they said why it's only on Soundcloud and not Itunes?? I kinda only use Itunes ya know

Chad mentioned something about working through technical issues. I assume it's on their to-do list. In the meantime, you can subscribe directly to the feed in iTunes.

1. Go to File→Subscribe to Podcast… (In older versions of iTunes, this option may be under Advanced instead.)

2. Paste the following URL into the text field and click OK.

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:164262599/sounds.rss

Saw in the news today that Midroll Media was acquired by EW Scripps.

Do you think that that deal being finalized had something to do with the hasty departure of the Hooray Show?

midroll != earwolf

Midroll media is an ad company that sells ad time for podcasts. They're not a podcast company.

Earwolf is it's own company (see bottom of webpage © 2014 EARWOLF MEDIA, LLC)

I think the answer is pretty simple.

Earwolf's stated goal is to take care of all the technical details—providing studio space, recording equipment, engineers, editing, file hosting, distribution, ad sales, merchandise production, online sales, and fulfillment—so comedians need only schedule studio time, show up, and be funny. In return, Earwolf takes a sizable cut of the profits.

Horatio and Chad have their own studio space, recording equipment, engineer (Chad), editor (Chad), and a schedule too erratic to book days or weeks in advance. They were virtually self-sufficient from the outset, and therefore never really fit into the standard Earwolf profit sharing model, so they amicably parted ways and now publish the show themselves.

In return the hosts also get earwolf's large audience for plugging/selling things/projects. Much harder to exist in a vacuum. I guarantee their numbers will drop from when they were on earwolf.

midroll != earwolf

Midroll media is an ad company that sells ad time for podcasts. They're not a podcast company.

Earwolf is it's own company (see bottom of webpage © 2014 EARWOLF MEDIA, LLC)

Um, no. Midroll Media is the company that was formed when Mid Roll podcast advertising network merged with Earwolf Media LLC.

http://www.midroll.com/announcing-midroll-media/

If that's not clear enough, click on the "Our Shows" link on the top of the above page. You will find all of the earwolf shows listed alongside the other Midroll-owned productions.

Earwolf is now owned by EW Scripps. BTW I'm calling bullshit if no one makes the "Ewwww, scripps." joke on-air in the next 2 months.

Um, no. Midroll Media is the company that was formed when Mid Roll podcast advertising network merged with Earwolf Media LLC.

http://www.midroll.c...-midroll-media/

If that's not clear enough, click on the "Our Shows" link on the top of the above page. You will find all of the earwolf shows listed alongside the other Midroll-owned productions.

Earwolf is now owned by EW Scripps. BTW I'm calling bullshit if no one makes the "Ewwww, scripps." joke on-air in the next 2 months.

Our Shows are the shows that Midroll does advertising for. Did you even look at what's listed? WTF isn't on the earwolf network. But it's under our shows because midrolls does it's ad sales. This is like trying to explain stuff to chad.

http://www.midroll.c...-midroll-media/

Our Shows are the shows that Midroll does advertising for. Did you even look at what's listed? WTF isn't on the earwolf network. But it's under our shows because midrolls does it's ad sales. This is like trying to explain stuff to chad.

What exactly is the point of a semantic pissing match on this page?

• Like 1

I see what you are saying, but you conveniently skipped the portion of my post where I included a link to the announcement of the merger. From my link above:

"This trend is the catalyst for the launch of Midroll Media, LLC, built from the merger of Earwolf Media, LLC, the pioneering comedy podcast network, and The Mid Roll podcast advertising network. The new company offers a 360-degree suite of production, distribution, and monetization services to artists, entertainers and thought leaders. Advertisers benefit from access to the talented hosts of more than 120 shows and their engaged audiences totaling more than 15 million downloads a month, using the industry’s first user-focused, self-service platform."

Earwolf is PART of Midroll Media, which was just acquired by EW Scripps.

What exactly is the point of a semantic pissing match on this page?

Wow you have very little tolerance for discussion. What do you care?

Wow you have very little tolerance for discussion. What do you care?

answer my question and i'll answer yours.

• Like 1

answer my question and i'll answer yours.

I don't bother answering questions that include false premises. Yours called the argument we were having a "semantic" one. It's not a case of a trivial difference in terminology. I was responding to a person that was under the misapprehension that Midroll Media does not own Earwolf.

Okay cool. Weird that you started that out by saying you wouldn't answer and then did just that, Mr Literal.

Here's my answer to yours- I care because I subscribe to this thread and you and mr saddlebags posts are a bit annoying. Esp because it's all public info easily found independently without making it a rather unfriendly sparring match on these boards.

Further it was not a discussion as you were both being condescending and rude to each other and acting like each other were dimwits for the slight misunderstanding of language.

Last point - semantics are the mechanics of language, so when two people are essentially saying the same thing yet quibbling over a minor detail, it is the very definition of semantics. This feels like willful misunderstanding on one of your two parts simply for the sake of trying to have an argument. I beg of you to just let it go.

Also I agree with your Eww-Scripps joke thought and expect it to pop up asap.

Best Wishes, souprman

• Like 3

Last point - semantics are the mechanics of language, so when two people are essentially saying the same thing yet quibbling over a minor detail, it is the very definition of semantics.

Yes, that is the definition of semantics. No, we were not quibbling over a minor detail. We are on the Earwolf site and we are talking about whether or not Earwolf was just purchased by EW Scripps. It was.

Yes, that is the definition of semantics. No, we were not quibbling over a minor detail. We are on the Earwolf site and we are talking about whether or not Earwolf was just purchased by EW Scripps. It was.

Hey thanks for confirming I know the def of semantics. Thanks for stooping down to tell me where we are. Thanks for reiterating your obvious and already stated point about the sale of Midroll.

You made a point about the sale of MR. SB overlooked or didn't make the connection between EW and MR, and both of you were rude and condescending about it. A detail, minor or otherwise, was the one thing standing between you guys having an actual dialog.

"um,no."

"you conveniently overlooked..."

"did you even look..."

"this is like trying explain stuff to Chad."

This is not the stuff of which an effort to reach a meeting of minds is made. I get you don't like the criticism of your posts when you're in the midst of trying to be "more right guy", but since your alluding to obvious points about where we are and free speech etc you ought to be able to take it in stride.

Again I wish you well.

• Like 2

dear mods, I'm done now.

• Like 2

Hey thanks for confirming I know the def of semantics. Thanks for stooping down to tell me where we are. Thanks for reiterating your obvious and already stated point about the sale of Midroll.

You made a point about the sale of MR. SB overlooked or didn't make the connection between EW and MR, and both of you were rude and condescending about it. A detail, minor or otherwise, was the one thing standing between you guys having an actual dialog.

"um,no."

"you conveniently overlooked..."

"did you even look..."

"this is like trying explain stuff to Chad."

This is not the stuff of which an effort to reach a meeting of minds is made. I get you don't like the criticism of your posts when you're in the midst of trying to be "more right guy", but since your alluding to obvious points about where we are and free speech etc you ought to be able to take it in stride.

Again I wish you well.

The only thing you quoted of me that I would consider condescending was the "um, no". I apologize if that was too much for you. I don't think it was that bad. The fact of that matter is that I WAS the "right guy" and I think I can say "um, no" when I am pushing back on someone saying that I was wrong.

I never said anything about "free speech". Also, I don't care what you think. You like all of your own posts.

I guess this show is dead now? Horatio's soundcloud feed is pretty dead now.

Sad.

Knew it was going to atrophy once it left Earwolf.