🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 114.5 — Minisode 114.5

It’s really happening. Set your DVRs for Sharknado 3! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for the cult classic Runaway, breaks down why Nic Cage would kill it in Runaway, and has a couple of new Scheer’s Recs. Plus, Paul answers your Qs about going too far, HDTGM’s new target, and what podcasts you should listen to.

Los Angeles: Get your tickets now for the 10pm show of HDTGM LIVE from Largo on Saturday, August 29th! Go to www.largo-la.com for tickets!

People of the internet: Check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and ScheeRL on YouTube here:

Since they won't let you do Sharknados, how about pitching a new property. I'd like to suggest:

Baboon Monsoon!

• Like 1

I feel like the Sharknados are a deal with the devil. No matter how tedious these get, the ratings on these are never going to get so low that Asylum will stop making them.

• Like 6

I really like Paul's answers in these minisodes, especially when they get really dark or gross.

I did find the phrase "if I have to dismantle my wife" hard to hear without being upset.

I'd be lying if I said I was excited to see sharknado 3 but I know the episode will be great.

• Like 3

I always like the "Oh, I wasn't expecting that question..." response to the weekly Nic Cage segment. He totally would have fucked Lois, right? RAMsey, indeed...

I feel like the Sharknados are a deal with the devil. No matter how tedious these get, the ratings on these are never going to get so low that Asylum will stop making them.

Yeah, as a bad movie lover, I don't care for them. I used to be a big fan of Asylum movies because they were just generally awful movies (go watch some of their "mockbusters" like AVH: Alien vs Hunter, Transmorphers, or The Terminators, and you'll see what I mean). But I feel like now they're just trying to make to intentionally make bad movies with the Sharknado franchise. The Mega Shark series was heading that way by the third one, too. I just can't get into it. The same goes for the Piranha movies (sorry, Paul).

I'd much rather see something like Birdemic or The Room, where it's just some crazy dude that thinks he's making a real masterpiece. Intentionally making a shitty movie just doesn't really do it for me.

That said, I'll still watch it because Paul is my evil overlord, and I will do whatever he tells me.

On a completely different note, my vote for Nic Cage in Runaway would be to replace Gene Simmons. He would sell the mad scientist so fucking hard.

some recent episodes have featured the great irish actors colm meaney and brendan gleeson .. in sharknado 3 you guys are going to be introduced to the grimes twins, john and edward ... better known as JEDWARD.

I am so so so so so so so ...... sorry.

Blame tara reid

jedward-main_1555899a.jpg

• Like 1

I will fully admit I let out a groan when I heard this week's movie...bad with the intention of being bad isn't as fun to me.

Might be one where I just listen to the show without watching.

Still love you guys!

• Like 3

some recent episodes have featured the great irish actors colm meaney and brendan gleeson .. in sharknado 3 you guys are going to be introduced to the grimes twins, john and edward ... better known as JEDWARD.

Blame tara reid

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Yeah, as a bad movie lover, I don't care for them. I used to be a big fan of Asylum movies because they were just generally awful movies (go watch some of their "mockbusters" like AVH: Alien vs Hunter, Transmorphers, or The Terminators, and you'll see what I mean). But I feel like now they're just trying to make to intentionally make bad movies with the Sharknado franchise. The Mega Shark series was heading that way by the third one, too. I just can't get into it. The same goes for the Piranha movies (sorry, Paul).

Hey, the first "Piranha" was good! The second one was a hate crime to anyone with eyeballs and/or functioning ears though...

Speaking of the HDTGM Emoji, has anyone seen the Facebook post about it? I have no idea why so many people like my question about whether or not Jason's is still in "The Dictator". It's a serious question, jerks! Feel free to friend me there if you want. You all seem trustworthy and NOT crazy...

• Like 1

Blame tara reid

I can't wait for the scene where one is eaten by a shark and we see the other dealing with the emotional and psychological devastation of the loss of his twin brother. For twenty minutes we watch him go through all 5 stages of grief, he weeps and screams, breaks things, he attempts suicide but eventually he accepts the loss and decides to move on with his life as his own person. then Ian Zering accidentally decapitates him with a chainsaw.

• Like 3

I can't do another Sharknado. The first one was bad, but just bad. I felt they were trying so, so hard in the second one to be obviously cheesy that it turned me off and I bailed after about 20 minutes.

• Like 2

Hey, the first "Piranha" was good! The second one was a hate crime to anyone with eyeballs and/or functioning ears though...

I like the one from the 70s. I didn't really care for the remake, although Asylum did a mockbuster version called Mega Piranha that was pretty good if for no other reason than that it gave us this:

mega-piranha-07-gif-kick-box-saint-pauly-wtf.gif

• Like 5

I want to know which Tyler Perry movie they are going to make Scott Aukerman watch. And since we are inviting previous guests for sequels, maybe Gus would make an appearance. I wonder if he would like Sharknado 3 as much as Runaway.

• Like 1

This minisode made me suddenly want a Paul Scheer solo radio show where he just has to blather on for like 4 hours by himself. I'd say this was my favorite minisode of all time if they didn't announce that they were doing sharknado 3 in it

• Like 3

I'm listening to this Minisode on a train, and my fellow passengers now think I'm (a*) mental due to my excitement at being read out on corrections and omissions and awarded the win...

• Like 5

I want to bring up an omission from the omissions. This was my favorite post from the Runaway thread, and I can't believe they didn't use it on the show!

I'm suprised no one in the show pointed out this is our second encounter with a spaghetti robot

(That was a first time poster, too.)

• Like 4

I want to bring up an omission from the omissions. This was my favorite post from the Runaway thread, and I can't believe they didn't use it on the show!

(That was a first time poster, too.)

Oh my fucking God. I am happy for my win to be re-awarded to that comment.

Blame tara reid

Good god, I only know of these 2 wastes of air from watching UK Big Brother, they brought them into the house to 'perform'... other peoples music. They're professional skill appears to be being annoying, what a world we live in.... just tell me they aren't rich rich

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this