🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 114.5 — Minisode 114.5

For all of those a little disappointed in Sharknado 3 as this week's movie, I would like to direct your attention to Julie and Jack (James Nguyen's movie before Birdemic) I had never heard of this movie, but Rifftrax just put it up on their site on Friday.

Needless to say, it is pretty fucking amazing.

It's a real romantic one, so grab your significant other one, hold them close, and feel the love spread all over your body.

I was in after "She constantly looks like she's being told she can't bring her cat someplace." I am going to have to check this one out.

• Like 1

I like the one from the 70s. I didn't really care for the remake, although Asylum did a mockbuster version called Mega Piranha that was pretty good if for no other reason than that it gave us this:

mega-piranha-07-gif-kick-box-saint-pauly-wtf.gif

Also this part gets me every time

megapiranhashort.gif

• Like 5

Also this part gets me every time

megapiranhashort.gif

Hahaha yessss. That's up there with a similar scene from Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus:

tumblr_mdv05wWqkx1re2crno1_400.gif

• Like 5

I'm predicting that the sequels will be called:

Sharknado 4: Are You Still Watching These?

Sharknado 5: We Paid Tara Reid 2 bottles of Jim Beam This Time

Sharknado 6: *Insert Subtitle*

• Like 5

I'm predicting that the sequels will be called:

Sharknado 4: Are You Still Watching These?

Sharknado 5: We Paid Tara Reid 2 bottles of Jim Beam This Time

Sharknado 6: *Insert Subtitle*

There has to be one in space, right? There HAS to be...

• Like 5

Sharknado 7: Freddy vs. Jason vs. Sharknado, In Space.

• Like 4

I should clarify...

"Freddy" is Freddie Prinze Jr. and "Jason" is Jason Alexander.

Freddy Krueger vs. Jason Voorhees vs. a Sharknado would be far too entertaining.

• Like 5

For sure. If this godless franchise continues, I don't see how Syfy can resist doing a sci-fi take on Sharknado.

• Like 2

I should clarify...

"Freddy" is Freddie Prinze Jr. and "Jason" is Jason Alexander.

Freddy Krueger vs. Jason Voorhees vs. a Sharknado would be far too entertaining.

What if we kept along with the 90s "heartthrob" trend and replace Jason Alexander with Jason London?

• Like 4

For sure. If this godless franchise continues, I don't see how Syfy can resist doing a sci-fi take on Sharknado.

Now, let's not get our hopes up. As much as I'd like to see Sharknado: In Space, I just don't see how they'll be able to get around the science...

• Like 6

Now, let's not get our hopes up. As much as I'd like to see Sharknado: In Space, I just don't see how they'll be able to get around the science...

Hey, this is Sharknado. No explanations needed. Ours not to reason why.

Honestly I would be all in on Sharknado In Tha Hood. Who are the African American equivalents to Ian Ziering and Tara Reid?

• Like 5

What if we kept along with the 90s "heartthrob" trend and replace Jason Alexander with Jason London?

Are you saying Jason Alexander isn't a heartthrob? For shame.

• Like 3

Honestly I would be all in on Sharknado In Tha Hood. Who are the African American equivalents to Ian Ziering and Tara Reid?

Let's just do an all Ice T cast.

• Like 3

Malcolm Jamal Warner and Lark Vorhies?

• Like 3

Are you saying Jason Alexander isn't a heartthrob? For shame.

2hcey3o.jpg

• Like 8

Damn Auden you beat me to the punch lol.

Haha. Man, that image of George Costanza is burned into our collective consciousness.

• Like 4

For all of those a little disappointed in Sharknado 3 as this week's movie, I would like to direct your attention to Julie and Jack (James Nguyen's movie before Birdemic) I had never heard of this movie, but Rifftrax just put it up on their site on Friday.

Needless to say, it is pretty fucking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrWl0Ngt5pc

It's a real romantic one, so grab your significant other one, hold them close, and feel the love spread all over your body.

Please pardon my ignorance, what exactly is RiffTrax? I did a little research but only enough to find out that the guys behind Mystery Science 3,000 are not dead, I had erroneously assumed that they were. How long have they been doing this?

I'm feeling a little bummed out that I'm just now finding this out. At least it's National Junk Food Day, so there's that. I'm bout to feed these feelings.

• Like 2

Please pardon my ignorance, what exactly is RiffTrax? I did a little research but only enough to find out that the guys behind Mystery Science 3,000 are not dead, I had erroneously assumed that they were. How long have they been doing this?

I'm feeling a little bummed out that I'm just now finding this out. At least it's National Junk Food Day, so there's that. I'm bout to feed these feelings.

RiffTrax releases audio companions for shitty movies. It's basically MST3K that you sync up to the movie. They've been doing it since 2006, and they're pretty fantastic. They also have some pretty great guest stars from time to time.

Oh, and they often do RiffTrax live, which is really entertaining. They make fun of a movie live, and then they simulcast it into a bunch of other theaters. I think the next one is Miami Connection, which is a hilariously bad 80s movie about Tae Kwon Do, a band called Dragon Sound, and random motorcycle ninjas. It's awesome, and I can't wait for that RiffTrax.

• Like 2

RiffTrax releases audio companions for shitty movies. It's basically MST3K that you sync up to the movie. They've been doing it since 2006, and they're pretty fantastic. They also have some pretty great guest stars from time to time.

Oh, and they often do RiffTrax live, which is really entertaining. They make fun of a movie live, and then they simulcast it into a bunch of other theaters. I think the next one is Miami Connection, which is a hilariously bad 80s movie about Tae Kwon Do, a band called Dragon Sound, and random motorcycle ninjas. It's awesome, and I can't wait for that RiffTrax.

Thank you for the information. Looks like I got some catching up to do.

• Like 2

Malcolm Jamal Warner and Lark Vorhies?

I would be thrilled about this because it gives me giggles every time I am reminded that "Lark Vorhies" is the name of an actual human on the planet Earth, and not a character name from Jupiter Ascending.

• Like 2

I was planning on watching the movie tonight, but now I'm going to see Penn & Teller. I know that this is a much better thing to be doing, yet I am still upset that I won't be able to see it and listen to the episode with the full "Tornark 3" experience. So I'm a special kind of pathetic right now.

• Like 2

I was planning on watching the movie tonight, but now I'm going to see Penn & Teller. I know that this is a much better thing to be doing, yet I am still upset that I won't be able to see it and listen to the episode with the full "Tornark 3" experience. So I'm a special kind of pathetic right now.

I don't have cable, so I'll have to acquire it somehow after it airs.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this