🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

Like Father, Like Son (1987)

This so-called "comedy", starring Dudley Moore and a "Growing Pains"-era Kirk Cameron (this was obviously made before he became a Bible-thumping nut, since he uses Jesus' name in vain at one point here), is quite possibly the worst of the three movies released in late 1987-early 1988 (the others being Vice Versa and 18 Again) in which an adult switches bodies with an adolescent. This review from the late Roger Ebert pretty much perfectly sums up what's wrong with this movie:http://www.rogereber...r-like-son-1987 I'd say it'd be perfect for HDTGM.

If theyre going to do any Dudley Moore movie theyre doing Best Defense or that one wheres he in an insane asylum with Daryl Hannah.

Bump cause Dudley Moore deserves some attention on this podcast. He was a national treasure but he really was in some godawful fucking movies.

Google 'Derek and Clive' & listen to the clips on youtube or somewhere. Thats the reason why Dudley was a bit of a small hero to British teenage boys in the 70s. And Peter Cook too, of course. Utter hilarious filth.

I havent listened to any Derek and Clive in years. I wonder if theyve stood the test of time? Like with a lot of Python stuff, I suspect not.

Sign in to follow this