🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I was hoping you guys could do the 1989 Weird Al classic "UHF". Its the battle of a small television station in its quest to become the most popular TV station in town. You even get to see Michael Richards almost go full retard.

I was hoping you guys could do the 1989 Weird Al classic "UHF". Its the battle of a small television station in its quest to become the most popular TV station in town. You even get to see Michael Richards almost go full retard.

m8eIbBdkJK7Go.gif

fyCZhKM9h9hW8.gif

• Like 3

HDTGM is about BAD movies.

Well of course, but bad is subjective and there's varying degrees of bad. There is so bad its good....pretty bad....god awfully bad etc. You need to do a so bad its good movie every once and a while. Face Off and Con Air should not have been done if this is only about god awfully bad movies. If that's the case then HDTGM has completely missed the opportunity for the Ed Wood movies (Plan 9 from Outer Space, Glen or Glenda).

Well of course, but bad is subjective and there's varying degrees of bad. There is so bad its good....pretty bad....god awfully bad etc. You need to do a so bad its good movie every once and a while. Face Off and Con Air should not have been done if this is only about god awfully bad movies. If that's the case then HDTGM has completely missed the opportunity for the Ed Wood movies (Plan 9 from Outer Space, Glen or Glenda).

Except that this movie is intentionally insane, what exactly would there be for them to talk about? It doesnt work if everything thats weird about a movie is put there with a purpose, or should they cover the Airplane! movies next?

The reason Face/Off and Con Air worked so well is because those movie didnt intend for them to turn out as hilariously as they did.

Ed Woods movies are hard to do, just because although they are next level bad, you could screen most 50's movies to the gang and i'm sure they'd have an equal reaction. It was just a different era.

Its like the Honeymooners, extremely popular for its time. Main characters catch phrase is threatening to punch his wife in the face.

• Like 4

It would be impossible to say anything funnier about this movie than the movie itself. It is less funny to mock this movie than to simply watch it.

• Like 1

Except that this movie is intentionally insane, what exactly would there be for them to talk about? It doesnt work if everything thats weird about a movie is put there with a purpose, or should they cover the Airplane! movies next?

The reason Face/Off and Con Air worked so well is because those movie didnt intend for them to turn out as hilariously as they did.

Ed Woods movies are hard to do, just because although they are next level bad, you could screen most 50's movies to the gang and i'm sure they'd have an equal reaction. It was just a different era.

Its like the Honeymooners, extremely popular for its time. Main characters catch phrase is threatening to punch his wife in the face.

Fair enough. We don't need to beat a dead horse then.

I know the forum is 'bad movie recommendations' but does HDTGM have to be about bad movies?  Because I would genuinely like to know how this got made.  Well let's be honest I own the DVD and Blu-Ray version and I've watched the commentary and listened to a lot of Al interviews but I think it still would be a magical show.  It doesn't always have to be about snark and crappy movies.  Let's do a good one!

Sign in to follow this