🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 363 — Wet Hot Crew

This ep could have been recorded in 2012. For real.

plus bonus daily doubles? i know it's new, but it feels like a twist scottrick would've come up with in the old days. the old wainy days.

#goodtimes

Wain-Scotting

Should really just be its own 30-minute Earwolf podcast

the Cable News Network needs more good skewering

• Like 1

Best ep of the year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there buddy, top 10 I'd go along with, maybe top 5

I found this one kind of hard to listen to, I get tense when Scott is all easily agitated by everything and starts acting like a baby.

I found this one kind of hard to listen to, I get tense when Scott is all easily agitated by everything and starts acting like a baby.

you know that's a bit, right?

you know that's a bit, right?

It's exaggerated for effect and when he becomes aware of it (like when accumulating points and he has a fake melt down) but no otherwise the tension feels very genuine and is commented on by his guests a few times, nobody knows 100% for certain but him and I'm sure he would say it was a bit too, just like when anyone is being mean and says they were just kidding. Everyones allowed to be in a bad mood once in awhile, I'm just saying it makes the episode less enjoyable for me.

• Like 1

It's exaggerated for effect and when he becomes aware of it (like when accumulating points and he has a fake melt down) but no otherwise the tension feels very genuine and is commented on by his guests a few times, nobody knows 100% for certain but him and I'm sure he would say it was a bit too, just like when anyone is being mean and says they were just kidding. Everyones allowed to be in a bad mood once in awhile, I'm just saying it makes the episode less enjoyable for me.

Interesting point. I could see how easy it might be for people to take for granted that everybody who does the podcast is thrilled to be there, but over the course of almost 400 sessions of this, there has to have been a few people havin a bad day. After all, with breaks, traffic, occasional tardiness, etc, these shows probably end up taking up a good chunk of their day... AND they aren't even gettin paid!

Case in point: this episode, I kept noticing how sweet & calm Marguerite was, which is remarkably professional when you consider the fact that she's so pregnant & probably has a million emotions going on right now. Her laugh somehow even managed to have a calming effect on me.

• Like 1

I gotcha. I always assumed that yeah, stuff like that comes from a real place, but if he weren't on mic he probably wouldn't even show that he's annoyed; during the show, since it can be funny, he just goes for it. I think I'm just repeating back to you what you said, but I will add that I actually like it and that's probably why I phrased it as "it's just a bit."

• Like 1

I gotcha. I always assumed that yeah, stuff like that comes from a real place, but if he weren't on mic he probably wouldn't even show that he's annoyed; during the show, since it can be funny, he just goes for it. I think I'm just repeating back to you what you said, but I will add that I actually like it and that's probably why I phrased it as "it's just a bit."

Ok I see what you're saying that makes sense, don't get me wrong Scott's a pro and he makes an effort to be entertaining regardless of what kind of mood he seems to be in. It just takes me a little out of it when there's a little bit of snippy, like the Heynong Man episode with Paul F. and J. Zouks, since they're all old friends I always assumed its like any other friendship where you get annoyed with each other sometimes and bicker, but they're all professional comedians so integrate it into the show as much as possible but obviously are annoyed with each other. I can see how other people can enjoy it, it must just be my response to that kind of conversational tone.

And yeah discharge that was really impressive! She seemed a little peeved at the beginning when he didn't remember her Mighty Ducks credit but must have gotten a vibe and just instantly became and remained sweet the rest of the show.

Marguerite Moreau seems very sweet, especially considering her father raised her on that island with the scary human/animal hybrids.

• Like 6

Marguerite Moreau looks a lot like someone else but I can't figure out who and it's driving me crazy. Please help. I'm pretty sure it's someone famous, but even if it's someone I know, please help anyway.

Marguerite Moreau looks a lot like someone else but I can't figure out who and it's driving me crazy. Please help. I'm pretty sure it's someone famous, but even if it's someone I know, please help anyway.

ellen page

I think that's it. I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my chest region

Just re-listened to this podcast. I forgot how great David Wain is on this, like when he confesses to sleeping with every female member of the crew, and his favorite part every time was the orgasm.

Bring back Wain! Somehow!