🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 93 — Patrick Walsh, Our Close Friend

I know there's something about Ken Griffey, Jr. that I care about. There has to be. I don't know any useless random things. They are all important. There must be something about him that I'm forgetting... But his career with the Cincinnati Reds was so prolific. What could possibly be more important than that? I don't even know anymore.

Fun fact about Griffey as a Reds player: in one of his first at-bats in a Reds uniform the bat flew out of his hands and hit the 10-year-old granddaughter of the Reds owner right in her little noggin.

• Like 13

Kittens, does the rest of Teddy mirror a similar story to Ted, or do you think Seth MacFarlane saw the first few seconds of Teddy and just went off of that? Also the first time I watched this I was pretty sure you were doing a Mark Wahlberg voice. Maybe that influenced Seth's casting choices.

• Like 16

#justiceforkittens

ps - sweet posters

• Like 6

I know there's something about Ken Griffey, Jr. that I care about. There has to be. I don't know any useless random things. They are all important. There must be something about him that I'm forgetting... But his career with the Cincinnati Reds was so prolific. What could possibly be more important than that? I don't even know anymore.

OK, i can't take it anymore. We all know you're Marc Maron's #1 fan. Ken Griffey played for the Seattle Maroners. That's the connection

• Like 8

ps - sweet posters

I agree, sweet posters. And I'm talking about the sweet people who post on this forum.

• Like 11

I just noticed SteveH posted a tentative Best of CBB episodes on their forum and failed to include the Hayes and Sean episode... shame

Evidence below:

I only omitted the ep because 1) I didn't wanna stir the pot over there on the CBB forums and have to endure a bunch of comments about how I'm so "pleased with myself" and 2) let's face it, when Sean and Hayes appear on a podcast, it becomes a Hollywood Handbook episode. It's not a comedy bang bong or a best show or some other garbage. The CBB ep with Sean and Hayes was not a top 10 HH ep. get it?

• Like 5

Kittens - this will not stand. I work like 5 minutes away from Rutgers University (a prestigious new jersey institution), so I'm going to leave the office and hole up in the library for the rest of the weekend to study law book. Then we can file suit against that nefarious mcfartlan. Like in one of those movies where people who aren't lawyers (or constables or whatever you call them in the UK) have a whole musical montage of them reading large books and then they win the big case.

p.s. since Hayes worked on the family man, maybe he can help us get access to Mr McFartlan so we can try to settle out of court first. @Hayziebone - the ball is in your court

• Like 6

SteveH if you are going to be an HH fan you're going to have to stir the pot, stir every pot. Every pot is risotto now and if you don't stir it, it will ruin. Then you'll have nasty burnt up rice and what will Sean and Hayes do Saturday mornings anymore? Buck up pal, we like you with a spine.

Also Kittens you have a very convincing case here. I thought there was something 'funny' about that movie Ted, and I knew it wasn't the script!!

• Like 14

I make risotto in the oven. Have you tried that? you don't have to stir it at all and it comes out perfect

• Like 3

thank you for all the support everyone, i really feel like soon i will be able to put this whole ugly issue to rest

Kittens, does the rest of Teddy mirror a similar story to Ted, or do you think Seth MacFarlane saw the first few seconds of Teddy and just went off of that?

it is similar in that there is a teddy and a man talks to it, and like that's like what ted is isn't it

i mean come on it's blatant plagiarism and i want my money

• Like 6

I only omitted the ep because 1) I didn't wanna stir the pot over there on the CBB forums and have to endure a bunch of comments about how I'm so "pleased with myself" and 2) let's face it, when Sean and Hayes appear on a podcast, it becomes a Hollywood Handbook episode. It's not a comedy bang bong or a best show or some other garbage. The CBB ep with Sean and Hayes was not a top 10 HH ep. get it?

I get it. Sometimes doing the right thing is hard. Nuremberg.

• Like 6

Wow Steve. I thought we had so much in common with the sunglasses and the sons but I could not disagree with you more on this. That episode was WITHOUT A DOUBT the best CBB Ep in YEARS. I disagree that it was just basically a HH epsiode. The banter between S&H and Scott Anchorman was some of the funniest stuff ever.

If that EP doesn't make top 5 of best of I am going to be VERY PISSED OFF!

• Like 5

you guys just don't understand. It is absolutely the best CBB ep in years, but Sean and Hayes turned it into something so much more than just a CBB ep. something greater. something so beautiful that it can't truly be understood. Therefore, I don't think it qualifies.

p.s. SONglasses, right?

p.p.s I've already posted too much today. I'm sorry. I can't help that I'm an interesting person with interesting things to say, and people want more.

• Like 5

Hey did you all know there is going to be a comedy bang bang TV show? I'm not sure if it'll be the same guys doing it, but if so then maybe Hayes and Sean can be on it someday. Then we can finally learn what they look like on television.

• Like 10

Kittens you sound like Ricky Gervais, have you thought about suing him too? Think of all the money and fame he received from "The Invention of Lying". On second thought you shouldn't associate yourself with Ricky Gervais.

• Like 2

OK, i can't take it anymore. We all know you're Marc Maron's #1 fan. Ken Griffey played for the Seattle Maroners. That's the connection

goddammitt SteveH!

he was so close.

• Like 6

This is bullshit, I really enjoyed those posts. SteveH is the worst. He never even played catch with me growing up.

(SteveH is actually my dad, but I didn't want any forum nepotism to tear this place apart)

• Like 6

I have an idea for a website. If it already exists, please let me know. If it doesn't, any computers guys on here feel free to steal the idea and make it because I won't ever do it and I just want this website to exist. Here's the pitch...

A website sort of like canistreamit or one of those, that aggregates all of the streaming services BUT you can import your queues/lists from the streaming services you subscribe to AND it links up with rotten tomatoes or IMDB or something so you can also SAVE movies that either aren't out yet OR aren't on a streaming service AND they'll be automatically added to your queue when they become available.

See your Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, etc... queues in one comprehensive list! Browse new and upcoming releases in theatres and DVD and add them to your list with the click of a mouse! Watch as they magically appear in your comprehensive list once they become available! YYYEEEEEE

who's in?

• Like 6

I felt like I should say something. Not something about anything, just something in the abstract.

Hope you're all doing well.

Been away from the computer ('puter) for a couple of days.

• Like 12

i tweeted about your movie kitens i stand with you 100%

• Like 13

I have an idea for a website. If it already exists, please let me know. If it doesn't, any computers guys on here feel free to steal the idea and make it because I won't ever do it and I just want this website to exist. Here's the pitch...

A website sort of like canistreamit or one of those, that aggregates all of the streaming services BUT you can import your queues/lists from the streaming services you subscribe to AND it links up with rotten tomatoes or IMDB or something so you can also SAVE movies that either aren't out yet OR aren't on a streaming service AND they'll be automatically added to your queue when they become available.

See your Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, etc... queues in one comprehensive list! Browse new and upcoming releases in theatres and DVD and add them to your list with the click of a mouse! Watch as they magically appear in your comprehensive list once they become available! YYYEEEEEE

who's in?

Just workshopping some potential names for me and SteveH's exciting new venture:

Queue R Us (it sounds like "QRS" like the alphabet, you see)

Queue-It-Up (this one's also kind of a clever play on words, "cue it up"; if we want to make this thing hum in the mobile space, we can go with Queue-It-App)

Queue-T-Pie (we'll backwards engineer some kind of pie charts representing the various new releases and stuff to justify the name which is just a really great play on "cutie pie")

Queue Got It! (This one is probably objectively the best but I'm afraid it might go over people's heads)

I'm really excited to be working with you on this.

• Like 10