🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 242 — Grinding in the Friend Zone

Jonah Ray's "don't criticize movies, they don't owe you anything" is obviously just an extension of his Nerdist/Chris Hardwick sidekick job. Him and Hardwick never give their real opinions on anything because they're afraid of offending aynone. It's lame

and movies do owe you something, they're art that you pay to see

Btw Armen was chill this episode, Another Period is hilarious

I think it's just that Nerdist's whole thing revolves around loving something. It reminds me of that PFT quote from a few years back:

You go on WTF, and the host is like ‘Why should I care about you?’ Then you go on The Nerdist, the host is like ‘I care about you too much.’ Then you come here, and the host isn’t aware of what’s happening at all, or who the person is, and all he wants to do is wait for you to say the words ‘my wife.’
  • Like 3

I agree that Hardwick kind of goes out of his way to be super-positive about everything, but I've never gotten the sense that Jonah is afraid to criticize anything. I also don't think that's an entirely accurate interpretation of what he was saying; it was more like "Don't make a point of finding things to criticize", and that he enjoys most movies he goes to see (side note - so do I, because I only go to see movies that I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy).

• Like 2

I agree with everyone about Chris Hardwick being a bag of censored dicks.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this