🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

I know that made for TV movies are usually not their thing unless it's something spectacular like the Sharknado franchise or the Elizabeth Taylor movie that Lohan did but this is something really out there.

In the present day idyllic kingdom of Auradon, the benevolent teenaged son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle from Disney’s iconic "Beauty and the Beast") is poised to take the throne. His first official proclamation: offer a chance at redemption to the trouble-making offspring of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, The Evil Queen, and Jafar, who have been imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost, a forbidden island where all the other villains, sidekicks, evil step-mothers and step-sisters are placed upon their defeat.

These villainous descendants are allowed into the kingdom to attend prep school alongside the offspring of iconic Disney heroes. However, the evil teens face a dilemma: Should they follow in their nefarious parents’ footsteps and help all the villains regain power by stealing the Fairy Godmother's magic wand, or embrace their innate goodness and save the kingdom?

I had to do work with the poster for this movie and now all I want to do is to watch this trainwreck and laugh and laugh and laugh.

I like that they chose actual midget Kristin Chenowith to play Malificent. She looks so weird standing what is supposed to be her teenage daughter, who is clearly already two inches taller than her.

• Like 2

Agreed! This movie isn't meant to stand up to an adult audience but it would be great to hear June's questions about the offspring and all of the other plot holes. And why this is set in present day when the parents of these offspring lived in the time of castles by candlelight and horse-drawn carriages?. Obviously, Disney villains are immortal but did they all call each other 16ish years ago (100+ years since their "day") and agree to have children at the very same time?

This movie to me came off as a similar attempt to bring in a young crowd for the X-Men when Fox did a TV movie for Generation X where it was to feature almost zero of the X-Men that were known and loved, outside of Banshee and Emma Frost who were only slightly known at that time from the comics and cartoon. Also, the posters for both are kinda similar as they both try to be the most 90s poster and most 2010s poster of all time.

GenerationX-poster.jpgDisneys_Descendants.jpg

All I can think of when I hear about this movie is the excellent 2010 Alexander Payne film "The Descendants." Somehow, I doubt that Disney would appreciate it if I were to release a film called "The Frozen."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this