🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 115 — Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!

BTWs, you guys predicted sharks in space on Episode 69: Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles back in 2013. You guys were way ahead of your time.

After the first theme park scene I stopped counting how many cameos there were because the guys were right in saying that nearly every person was a cameo of some kind. The NASA people were a mix of people from pop culture and current events like Mohawk NASA guy or UFC fighter Josh Barnett as Sergeant at the military base. Here is a link for the most concise list that I could find that even still missed names like George R.R. Martin, Steve Gutenberg, and a couple actors from Stargate SG-1 http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2015/07/23/all-55-celebrity-cameos-from-sharknado-3/. So with over 60 cameos if we're including the various ones missed by the list, they have almost TRIPLED the number of cameos from the previous movie. I can only imagine what number 4 will be like.

As for #AprilDies, I have a feeling that she's going to unfortunately live most likely for the fact that they have Reid contracted for another movie. Even if she did die I would expect them to bring her back in either flashbacks or a spirit guide for Finn.

• Like 1

As for #AprilDies, I have a feeling that she's going to unfortunately live most likely for the fact that they have Reid contracted for another movie. Even if she did die I would expect them to bring her back in either flashbacks or a spirit guide for Finn.

...oh my God, I think you're right.

giphy.gif

The guy in the Danny DeVito part looks like he's in the midst of the most satisfying shit ever.

Well, if Germans know one thing, it's definitely comedy.

• Like 2

Correction/Omissions

First thanks to Paul for correcting Scott on his pronunciation of Lavalantula. It’s Lavalantula and not Lava-Tarantula. And yes you should watch it.

Also, I find it odd that The Gute is playing Colton West his character in Lavalantula in Sharknado 3, but Ian Ziering is playing ‘Ian’ instead of Fin Shepard in Lavalantula. Really odd choice and it really doesn’t make any sense if they’re trying to cultivate a shared universe. They’ll probably correct this in 2 Lava 2 Lantula.

Finally, I think you guys should just write a treatment for Shakenado 4. The producers will realize that your vision of the Sharknado saga is better than anything they could come up with. As for introducing the true villain of Sharknado, I’d like to see Jabberjaw cast as Shark N’ Ado. He’ll finally get the respect he deserves.

Nate - Gotta Love the Gute podcast

Jabberjaw-Wallpaper.jpg

• Like 1

...oh my God, I think you're right.

giphy.gif

Yeah when Good Morning America was reporting that it was 2 to 1 for her living I got a sense that this was like most public voting on entertainment where it was predetermined what was going to happen.

• Like 1

Just a quick point about Teller. Being silent is a big part of Teller's persona. On the few occasions that he does talk you know that he really has something personal to say with his lovely, soft voice.. I can't help but feel that Sharknahdo, masterpiece that it undoubtably is, was not worthy of Tellers voice! And I know he spoke in The Simpsons, but, come on, The Simpsons is worthy!

You missed the best part about Hoff's character....his name is GIL! FIN'S DAD IS NAMED GIL. What is his mom's name????

Also, I was very disappointed that Jason didn't give us a single "chompa chompa chompa".

In the case of Tara Reid dissing the name June, that's like being insulted by the slow kid, or being made fun of for knowing how to read.

Don't worry. Someone will bring it up six more times before this thread is over.

Also, I find it odd that The Gute is playing Colton West his character in Lavalantula in Sharknado 3, but Ian Ziering is playing ‘Ian’ instead of Fin Shepard in Lavalantula. Really odd choice and it really doesn’t make any sense if they’re trying to cultivate a shared universe. They’ll probably correct this in 2 Lava 2 Lantula.

I think they talked about some issues on why that might be in the ep, but I don't remember what those were. I'll have to give it another listen.

The Germans know comedy...

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

...and game shows.

[media='']

[/media]

(Sorry for the consecutive posts, the board only allows one vid per post.)

• Like 1

Just a quick point about Teller. Being silent is a big part of Teller's persona. On the few occasions that he does talk you know that he really has something personal to say with his lovely, soft voice.. I can't help but feel that Sharknahdo, masterpiece that it undoubtably is, was not worthy of Tellers voice! And I know he spoke in The Simpsons, but, come on, The Simpsons is worthy!

Apparently Craig Kilborn is as well since he was able to get Teller to briefly speak on his version of the Daily Show.

In the Lavantula universe, Sharknado is a movie. In the Sharknado universe, Lavantula is a movie. But, in our universe they are BOTH movies within movies.

Hey guys! First I wanted to show the map of the National Mall: http://fnbcusa.com/uploads/gallery/20080213104820_1.jpg As you can see, Fin gets picked up by the Lincoln Memorial (which is like about 2 miles away from the White House), they drive him around DC, leaves the car when the car stops because of the protest, manages to get to the Washington Monument and then arrive at the other side of the White House. So if he would have gone from the Lincoln Memorial straight to the White House he would have arrived on time.

Second, David Hasselhoff couldn't get back to the shuttle but had enough fuel in his jet pack to escape the Earth's gravity and reach the moon? I know you guys asked Neil DeGrasse Tyson but the answer is no is not possible, he would be lost in space.

Third, when they arrived at the launch and Hasselhoff is talking to Michael Winslow about the shuttle and Fin argues with Gil in front of everyone about going into the shuttle but is not after Fin gets suited up and heading to the shuttle that April finds out that he's going to space because Nova tells her.

Finally, I love the fact that it took a whole montage to get Fin suited up on his astronaut suit but less than ten seconds to get pregnant April suited up inside the space shuttle.

Sharknado yes or Sharknado 4?

Also, great pic of Paul rockin' a Zouk suit.

IMG_4553.jpg

You know, Scott really has great fashion sense.

• Like 1

I got a good chuckle out of this. I may have laughed too much.

Apparently Craig Kilborn is as well since he was able to get Teller to briefly speak on his version of the Daily Show.

I spend a lot of time wondering what Craig Kilborn has been up to. It doesn't quite keep me up at night but it seems like he's not been up to a lot since he stopped being on tv past my bedtime. Perhaps he really did (SPOILER ALERT) run his Porsche off a bridge into Jeremy Piven in 2003 and disappear from the world.

Me and my wife watched this in 2 parts, and I thought I'd really have to persuade her to finish watching it but she actually wanted to. I think it was okay, and agree with the podcast that maybe they're too good now to do on the show.

I think most of my thoughts have been covered, but I'll throw in a few anyway:

- I think the intro in Washington was more interesting than Orlando. They should have stayed in DC longer. Maybe it was just because Tara Reid was in Florida, so those were the worst scenes. If that's the case, they should have paired her up with someone interesting at all times! Like the guys said, she should be in DC seeing Ian Ziering get his award.

- The cameos were pointless. Sure, get the Hoff and Frankie Muniz in the film, because they're contributing to moving the plot forward, but the hundreds of D-list celebs in the background...I don't get it.

- Nova was far and away the best thing in this movie. She was so great, and deserved a bigger part (which she could have got if there weren't so many cameos to get through). Also, did anyone notice there was a scene with Nova in a hallway on the military base and the extras kept bumping into her shotgun/samurai sword? Careful, guys!

- I can suspend my disbelief that sharks can survive in a tornado and act like meat-seeking missiles, AND wrecking balls capable of leveling huge buildings, but surviving space? #SharknadNO

I was just gonna let this all go after mentioning how much I genuinely care about tornado science since... seriously who actually wanted to make anything about actual tornadoes in this movie? Especially after Scott started to talk about the physics of space and then caught himself because why even go into that with this movie. But I feel like if they had tried to do some accuracies when it comes to the weather they could have had an actual cool fucking movie. (Maybe cool is an exaggeration.)

So my #1 problem when it comes to the logistics of the weather is that they completely threw out from the get go the fact that if you are outside during a tornado that is strong enough to pick up multiple sharks then you are not going to be able to stand in the storm and fight said sharks. It made me so mad to watch Nova and Fin and whatever the fuck Frankie Muniz's character was named stand in the middle of some tornado and fight these stupid sharks. It never even looked like anything more than just the fog that hits the bay area in the morning hours. So are they throwing out the idea of tornadoes striking causing the sharks to attack? Because they certainly showed those horrible CGI storms around the shuttle take off later. (Which how the fuck were they able to take off at all with 10 tornadoes surrounding them?)

I made some assumptions about the scale of the rotations because of what they presented in the movie. So in DC the fact that the tornado was able to throw sharks with such ferocity made me think that was an EF5 storm. However, the only thing that ever destroys the buildings is the actual sharks and not the tornado itself. An EF5 storm can rip buildings from their foundation and destroy skyscrapers! So show it! And show me people being sucked into the storm! Even throw in a shark eating them once they became part of the rotation!

I'm not even sure if they ever explained exactly how tornadoes popped up on the western and eastern coasts (they probably did in the first two movies but I care so little about them that I forgot), but as a Texan who has been in the middle of two storms and has had to at least hide for many more (and still is fascinated as shit by them) I find it ridiculous that they completely abandoned the "nado" part of their title.

• Like 9

Oh, and I think instead of angling for the job of writing the fourth, why not create a spin-off?

How about Sharkpedo? Like X-Men: First Class, you can set it during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the story is Russia is minutes away from deploying a fleet of subs armed with shark pedophiles aimed at the US.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

How about Sharkpedo? Like X-Men: First Class, you can set it during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the story is Russia is minutes away from deploying a fleet of subs armed with shark pedophiles aimed at the US.

Just a thought.

The fuck??? Can't they just be shark torpedoes?

• Like 4

I have seen none of the Sharknado films. I have sworn to never do so. Why?

Because I ALSO INVENTED THE CONCEPT OF SHARKNADO.

Ten years ago or so, some friends and I were riffing on terrible action movie ideas, and I pitched the idea of a Sharknado. It became a fun little running joke. Until it became real. Maybe I should have tried to develop it... but no. That would be the stupidest movie ever made, I thought. Who would want to see that? HUBRIS!

So either Thunder Levin straight up incepted me and stole my dreams, or (more likely) we had the same idea despite never meeting or knowing of each other's existence. I'm like the Alfred Russel Wallace of Sharknados.

Oh, and I think instead of angling for the job of writing the fourth, why not create a spin-off?

Just a thought.

I was thinking of a crossover between Sharknado and Birdemic.

• Like 3

The fuck??? Can't they just be shark torpedoes?

That could be the tagline!

• Like 1