🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 115 — Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!

Chupacabra vs The Alamo

That'd be a documentary, though. Trust me; I'm from Texas.

• Like 8

That'd be a documentary, though. Trust me; I'm from Texas.

All of the other Alamo movies up to this point have been pretty inaccurate and almost 100% Chupacabra-free. Finally, their story can be told...

• Like 6

I loved imagining Lava Tarantula and Whalicaine. I say Scifi keeps combining animals and natural disaster like this since clearly the more ridiculous the better. Think of the possibilities...Squid-nami, Vole-cano, Mole-quake, Tiger-phoon, Eleph-flood, um...Armadillo-draught...anybody got any other ideas?

i love vole-cano, if only because it's actually really hard to tell if you're saying that or the real word. Also I want to see a mountain explode voles and lava out of it

• Like 1

All of the other Alamo movies up to this point have been pretty inaccurate and almost 100% Chupacabra-free. Finally, their story can be told...

The Alamo Movie They Don't Want You to See!

• Like 3

I agree with the opinion that this is probably the best of the Sharknado films; however, it is still an incredibly mediocre film, and without the genuine bad moments that were typically in dialogue, exposition sequences -- it is just not that entertaining. I did enjoy some moments in the film, but I don't have any desire to see the next one. I thought it was ridiculous how the cameo performances were used, e.g., why have Penn and Teller pretending to be astronauts? Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to do something that would generate a laugh that trades on their persona? It was an incredibly boring scene. One of the most ridiculous scenes that you guys didn’t talk about it is the scene where Fin’s daughter kisses the guy that was hanging out with her. If he hadn’t kissed her, he would have lived. Why kiss her outside by the door? When you can easily open the door and kiss her in safety? Don’t do Sharknado 4!

• Like 3

One of the most ridiculous scenes that you guys didn’t talk about it is the scene where Fin’s daughter kisses the guy that was hanging out with her. If he hadn’t kissed her, he would have lived. Why kiss her outside by the door? When you can easily open the door and kiss her in safety? Don’t do Sharknado 4!

I'd have to watch it again to be sure (and I'm not going to fucking do that), but didn't she go in, and then he hung back for literally no reason at all? Like, if he had just followed directly behind her, he would have been fine, but I seem to remember there being this awkward pause that felt like it was only there just so the door could close between them.

• Like 3

I'd have to watch it again to be sure (and I'm not going to fucking do that), but didn't she go in, and then he hung back for literally no reason at all? Like, if he had just followed directly behind her, he would have been fine, but I seem to remember there being this awkward pause that felt like it was only there just so the door could close between them.

Yes, exactly! He just decided to wait outside the door afterwards. It is not like he is in a life threatening situation or anything. I just think the movie invested a lot of time in this character to just kill him off in a lackluster / unessential way.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly! He just decided to wait outside the door afterwards. It is not like he is in a life threatening situation or anything. I just think the movie invested a lot of time in this character to just kill him off in a lackluster / unessential way.

I also find it curious that neither him nor the daughter seem to morn or care about the deaths of their friends. However, maybe it affected them on a deep psychological level making them numb to the tragedy around them, and that is why he decided to wait outside.

• Like 1

Omission, sorry if this has been covered but there's so many pages:

The DC scene that looked like it was filmed on a Hollywood backlot was filmed in a part of Universal Orlando. They had an open call for extras and made it very clear it was for sharknado, but they couldn't get enough interest. They had to pull in back office (corporate) staff at Universal to fill in. I knew a couple people who were less than thrilled about taking part.

Also funny that there was 0 Harry Potter stuff, although there was that interview where they mentioned wanting to get Radcliffe.

• Like 1

Also funny that there was 0 Harry Potter stuff, although there was that interview where they mentioned wanting to get Radcliffe.

Ha! I can't imagine why he didn't want to do it!

Maybe next year, when Sharknado 4 comes out, HDTGM can finally do that Tyler Perry movie they made Scott watch.

Hey Nerds!

I'll admit right now I did not watch this movie. I will not. I just fucking wont goddammit. I have important things to do like re-listen to HeyNong Man (5 times so far).

Speed read the thread as you may have guessed from how fast those likes just came. Here's what I got:

PlanB's surpassed 2000 posts and CameronH has coined the term SharkNAYdo4 (Cam why not SharkNAYdont4fuckssake? just a thought) Congrats to both of them.

Top notch work as usual fellow dorks.

Great catch up. Talk soon.

• Like 5

I loved imagining Lava Tarantula and Whalicaine. I say Scifi keeps combining animals and natural disaster like this since clearly the more ridiculous the better. Think of the possibilities...Squid-nami, Vole-cano, Mole-quake, Tiger-phoon, Eleph-flood, um...Armadillo-draught...anybody got any other ideas?

Swordfish Tsunami... A 'TSwordFishnami" if you will.

• Like 2

Swordfish Tsunami... A 'TSwordFishnami" if you will.

Good stuff. Yeah, finding a threatening animal AND a natural disaster, both words of which can meld together into one word...challenging.

Good stuff. Yeah, finding a threatening animal AND a natural disaster, both words of which can meld together into one word...challenging.

Well, remember the Polar Vortex? POLAR BEAR VORTEX!

With the incredibly cold weather that had parts of Mexico snowing, Polar Bears move south, and they find a rich abundance of food... Humans! As they eat and mate in their new locations, big cities are overrun with giant, killer bears. It's an A-POLAR-CALYPSE!

• Like 3

Around 52 minutes in Scott Aukerman CLEARLY says "my wife" and NO ONE does the Borat impression.

Earwolf is really going downhill.

Whale Stones! Hailstones drop from the sky... with Whales!

• Like 4

Zouks looks like he's a drummer for a cool progressive rock band in this picture. I think it's the pose.

I'm thinking he reminds me a lot of Dan Bejar in that pic.

getout_Destroyerfount.jpg

• Like 1

Long time listener first time caller.

I have couple corrections/omissions....

Did anyone else notice that the Hoff and the Ziering never seem to be in the same scene together? I first noticed it in a scene where they are walking in a group. They are talking to each other and based on everyone’s position they should be walking side by side. There are several weirdly shots were the cameraman seems to struggle with that. I don't know if they had filming issues or if they just straight up don't like each other. In the slow walk to the shuttle Fin is alone. Typically in this trope we see the entire crew. While in the shuttle this continues, the only shots of them together are from behind and we don't see their faces. I think this is why the Hoff gives the "Visors down" line so he can get up and pass by Fin. After that I kind of tuned the movie out for a bit. I have only seen Sharknado 3 once so I haven't been able to go back and check if this is consistent through the whole movie. Were they together in the Cafe scene? I don't remember. I will check IMDB and post if I find more info.

Fin's space suit is horrible. It's a jumpsuit with shoulder pads. What use are shoulder pads in space?

And I am surprised no one else has said it....

11831786_504264119723242_5232958270252083203_n.jpg?oh=cb92a379bdbeeb6c8660384fb3becab8&oe=5654329A

In regards to the wood extras.

My significant other is in the VFX industry, sometimes, at the smaller studios, when the budget gets tight and they need to get green screen work done they'll have a day where they invite friends and family over to be extras. No money is involved, they usually just get a subway sandwich and the honor of pointing out their background appearance in the movie.

Now asylum has their own VFX studio and it doesn't take a genius to see that they work on no budget and probably ridiculous deadlines so I could see them having a few cattle call days like the ones I've done in the past. Which would explain a lot of the wood acting throughout the movie.

• Like 1

Ya'll got that mini episode coming?

Daddy needs his fix!

I'm hoping it comes tonight.

I need to know what the next movie is so I can find time to watch it this week!