đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

Accidental Love AKA Nailed (2015)

From what I have read, David O. Russell had been trying to make this film in 2008 between Huckabees and The Fighter, but everything broke down and was abandoned without finishing shooting. However, some time in the recent past, whoever ended up with the footage decided to take the pieces of what was filmed and stitch together a "movie." On paper it sounds like it would draw an audience, it has some major stars and is from an acclaimed director, but sits at a 7% on RT.

This came to my attention because of an AV Club article where someone took a completely out of context fragment and used it to make it look like the reviewer had called it a "comedic masterstroke" when in context the opposite was being said.

http://www.avclub.com/article/no-i-didnt-call-your-shitty-movie-comedic-masterst-221227

This looks like an attempt at ham-fisted political commentary and it sounds like it would be a good one to do only if they were able to get someone involved in the trainwreck

• Like 2

I found out about this movie while going down the imdb rabbit hole. Directed by David O. Russell who then took his name off it so its credited as Stephen Greene. I guess kinda like an Alan Smithee deal. This film is so bad on so many levels. It was filmed in 2008 and shut due to financing issues. Its a crazy film and I was laughing at just how insane it is. If you read the imdb triva page you will see how nuts the production was. I guess they wanted to make a political satire but changed their minds and wanted to make a romantic comedy? Its just bonkers.

Going with the run of rom-coms the podcast has been on I present, Accidental Love!

Originally directed by David O’ Russell of Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle fame, this movie was plagued with issues. I say originally directed because things got so bad with this movie, David O’Russell disowned it through the directors guild! According to Wikipedia, the production started in 2008 and the production was shut down 14 times and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The movie went through development hell to eventually be released in 2015 to a 136,936 dollar box office gross. 

This movie has Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Biel, James Marsden, Tracy Morgan, and even Bill Hader and it didn’t even come up on anyone’s radar.

I would love for Paul and the gang to cover this because I think this movie has a bizarre story in the making of it and it would be great for them to speculate on what happened. 

Trailer: 

Sign in to follow this