🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 243 — An Inconvenient Convenient Store

Kulap welcomes back Howard who tells the tale of his Summah Sojourn, as well as why convenient stores are at times, rather inconvenient. Then, Natasha Leggero joins our hosts to discuss her new show Another Period and why having to go to the zoo is one of the harder aspects of parenthood. Also, the gang predicts whether or not the children of today will grow up to be robots. Lastly, Natasha explains the best way to day drink and not feel bad about it.

• Like 1

I really wanna read some guesses about who takes ecstasy on TV.

I wonder if it happened on @midnight or one of the network late night talk shows.

• Like 2

Jon Daly?

also, to support Natty Legs' comment about how confusing it is to find a song these days due to the 5 artists credited per... The Diplo/Skrillex/Bieber song is from the Diplo/Skrillex crossover... which is called "Jack U" to my understanding, they have other songs with like Kiesza and so on.

I support the idea of musicians combining for full albums rather than just a song, like Gnarls Barkley, but it does get difficult to remember who is in what as an artist will go on to be in 6 different team-em-ups with their own unique names. Howard's bit of turning older songs into this current trend of "_________ and _________ featuring _________" was friggin hilarious, so good to have him back at jobsite

• Like 3

Howard flanked by uproarious lady laughs.

I love both of their delight with him.

Great episode, solid effort Cody.

• Like 2

I can't get the promo code for Luxe to work (signing up via iOS app). Any ideas?

Edit: Okay, after I added a credit card, it took me past the referral code screen and finished the sign up. So then I went to the payment section of the app to "apply luxe credits" and "whocharted" gives me the error "Sorry, this promo code is old and has retired". That message is different than the error I get if I enter in a different phrase. This leads me to believe I've been using the correct code, but that the issue is with Luxe itself. I'm going to try to call them and have them fix it.

Edit #2: I called Lux. They said the code is old and expired. I don't recall them advertising Luxe in the past, but sometimes I skip ads (recently stopped doing that as often as I used to). But Earwolf might want to know that they're running an ad basically for free, with a deal that is expired. The guy I spoke to at Luxe, told me I can use the code LUXE20 to get the same offer. Kind of a letdown, as supporting Who Charted? was my main reason for giving Luxe a shot.

Edit 3: Tweeted at Luxe and they fixed it. Promo code WHOCHARTED now works. Sign up with it, then go to payments and add another promo code ALEK1 (or LUXE20, if that doesn't work) for a total of $40 credit. They stack! Shhh

• Like 1

Brett Gelman?

I dunno, I think if he wanted to do something like this, it would have been a long time ago. He's brilliant anyway, I don't see him as someone needing an extra boost.

A "bad trip" on MDMA, Natasha? These comedians must party way less than I imagine.

If you've never had a bad trip on MDMA, you've only done it a handful of times. It's inevitable. You can delay it by taking it with really long breaks, but it's coming for you, sooner or later.

• Like 2

If you've never had a bad trip on MDMA, you've only done it a handful of times. It's inevitable. You can delay it by taking it with really long breaks, but it's coming for you, sooner or later.

lol, sounds like you're getting some research chemicals, friend. MDMA is not a psychedelic. Even its psychedelic cousin MDA doesn't produce "bad trips" unless it, like, unleashes dormant schizophrenia.

lol, sounds like you're getting some research chemicals, friend. MDMA is not a psychedelic. Even its psychedelic cousin MDA doesn't produce "bad trips" unless it, like, unleashes dormant schizophrenia.

Pretty sure she used "bad trip" to mean "bad time," (which happens on all drugs, including booze n' weed), captain semantic.

• Like 7

Pretty sure she used "bad trip" to mean "bad time," (which happens on all drugs, including booze n' weed), captain semantic.

Let the man do his own backpedaling ;-)

Let the man do his own backpedaling ;-)

Or find your outlet for being pretentious about drug experiences elsewhere maybe

Clearly the "bad trip" meant a less than ideal experience on the drug rather than thinking that your brains are spilling out into the ether

• Like 5

Or find your outlet for being pretentious about drug experiences elsewhere maybe

Clearly the "bad trip" meant a less than ideal experience on the drug rather than thinking that your brains are spilling out into the ether

So even a friendly discourse is too controversial for this forum? Wow, what are we allowed to talk about?

Reading these drug aficionados argue about technical definitions of bad trips is a real bad trip.

FSIT0l9.jpg

• Like 11

So even a friendly discourse is too controversial for this forum? Wow, what are we allowed to talk about?

You're allowed to talk about whatever you want to talk about as far as I'm concerned, but there was nothing friendly about your zings, other than the ;-)

everyone understood that you're very well experienced with drugs and think that its very fulfilling to make yourself "the" voice of what drugs do and don't do. So you aren't offending anyone, we're all just rolling our eyes at you

Reading these drug aficionados argue about technical definitions of bad trips is a real bad trip.

FSIT0l9.jpg

I met you during a ripping deemster blastoff, don't you remember? You were all "what if, like, the color I perceive as blue is, like, the color you perceive as green?" and we were both like "woooooah"

You're allowed to talk about whatever you want to talk about as far as I'm concerned, but there was nothing friendly about your zings, other than the ;-)

everyone understood that you're very well experienced with drugs and think that its very fulfilling to make yourself "the" voice of what drugs do and don't do. So you aren't offending anyone, we're all just rolling our eyes at you

So you didn't just tell me to kick rocks?

Howard came back from the east coast with a li'l gleam in his eye. Recalling Tony Soprano taking peyote in the dessert, I suspect somethin transformative went down... #SummahSecret.

What a great show that was, can't wait for TwoCh.

• Like 2

Howard came back from the east coast with a li'l gleam in his eye. Recalling Tony Soprano taking peyote in the dessert, I suspect somethin transformative went down... #SummahSecret.

What a great show that was, can't wait for TwoCh.

"And then... the sun came up!"

• Like 2

Howard flanked by uproarious lady laughs.

I love both of their delight with him.

Great episode, solid effort Cody.

Yes, Natasha has a great laugh, and I love that it's been immortalized in the most recent version of "Closing Up the Plug Bag". I also love that she was willing to call out Minnie Driver, because that story was appalling.

This might go without saying, but for anyone who isn't watching Another Period, it's very funny and you should be.

• Like 3

This might go without saying, but for anyone who isn't watching Another Period, it's very funny and you should be.

Agreed, great cast and they all seem to be having an infectiously good time.

Upstate NY took some hits on the show today, not undeservedly, but I'd like to propose that "Upstate NY: Albany" and Upstate NY: Tappan Zee" are two very different programs. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Just in point of fact, Strauss and Howe, who coined the term "Millennial," specifically defined it as people born between 1982 and 2004. Obviously there's no rigid definition of a 'generation,' but considering that the oldest Millennials are at this point 33 years old, they would hardly be in the same broad generation as a person born today.

Sign in to follow this