๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 243 โ€” An Inconvenient Convenient Store

Feel like Millennial should apply to people born from the mid 80s up to 9/11 and the kids born after 9/11 are whatever the next generation is.

• Like 1

Feel like Millennial should apply to people born from the mid 80s up to 9/11 and the kids born after 9/11 are whatever the next generation is.

Yeah, I agree. That was definitely a cultural turning point between "generations." Strauss and Howe codified their definition of "Millennial" before 9/11, so that event didn't figure into their theory. I'd think that the deliniation would be between people who came of age after 9/11, though, and not when they were born. So maybe bumping the vague generational cutoff age of birth forward from the "Millennial" threshold of 1982 to something more like 1985 would be a better yardstick of a seperate 'generation.' In general, though, the whole Straussโ€“Howe generational theory and their grouping of "Millennials" seems over-generalized to me. On the other hand, I'm totally on board with the term "Trans-Millennial."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this