🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 366 — Cafeteriapalooza

yeah, very enjoyable stories about Robin Williams. That makes 2 CBBs this year that brought out the waterworks (NFAP4).

Bobcat is a great guest. Wish he was on more often because he was really enjoying Frank Frank. I love Wengerts characters. they are so droll but hilarious. Russ from Ross was great and his multi episode reveal that he was playing Scrooge Mcduck was as well. Was this Hines' 1st appearance? good stuff all around!

I hope the closing up the plug bags tags are finely done. it's so long and Natasha's laugh at the end is the perfect tag.

ugh, i forgot about that. thanks for making me look, and feel, like a big ol' jerk

• Like 1

Dang, I didn't know Robin Williams had Lewy Bodies. My grandmother had Lewy Body disease, it's a kind of dementia that is like a terrifying combination of Parkinsons and Alzheimers. Scary stuff.

On a much lighter, not sad, note. This ep was way good. Everyone was great.

• Like 1

C-?

Can't tell if that's a snub or a flub.

can't it be both?

#wetbeans

• Like 1

In the third pic, you can see Wengert's open notepad!

IHe8Dbx.jpg

I can make out:

Frank

Mustard + Ketchup

Schools all over country

ITS GONNA BE COOL

write it down

party + pizza party

Anybody able to make out the rest?

• Like 8

I love it how every time Will says 'exquisite corpse' Scott chuckles. Scott really likes the concept. Rocky Vs Rambo, etc.

• Like 1

Will Hines reminds me of a sexy Clint Howard... maybe I shouldn't have had this bottle of chardonnay before listening.

You say that as though Clint Howard isn't already sexy.

• Like 1

"Frosted Lucky Charms they're (pause) gic."

"It could be Tra, I thought about it 'cuz I do prefer darker material."

The Tragic Lucky Charms jingle was my favorite. I guess I'm just an old fashioned country western dudeguy who loves General Mills and exquisite corpse songwriting.

• Like 3

IHe8Dbx.jpg

I can make out:

Frank

Mustard + Ketchup

Schools all over country

ITS GONNA BE COOL

write it down

party + pizza party

All I see is an indecipherable swath of mud.

• Like 2

Sounds like Fred Stoller.

It was uncanny!

Wengert is so fucking funny. Like, in a way that feels weird because it wouldn't sound even a tiny bit funny if you explained any of the stuff he does to someone, but when you listen to it he has one of the highest laugh-per-minute ratios of any performer I can think of.

• Like 6

IHe8Dbx.jpg

I can make out:

Frank

Mustard + Ketchup

Schools all over country

ITS GONNA BE COOL

write it down

party + pizza party

i see "to the nines"

• Like 2

This was so fun to hear. I feel like in this day in age nothing has a higher premium than just being geniune, and it sounds like Scott was geniuely pumped to talk to Mr. Goldthwait.

Also scott used the phrase “soup to nuts.”

My life’s goal is to hang out in resturants that serve soup and wait until a waiter dumps it on a male patron’s crotch and/or a male guest spills the soup all over himeself so that I can say “now that’s what I call soup to nuts!” to thunderous applause.

This is probalby why I like this borderline retarded podcast.

I’ve got to meet and talk to and get to know some of my musical heroes who had a clear and direct influence on fairly serious choices I’ve made in my life, before I met them. I’m not as big a comedy nerd as I am a music nerd, but I can relate to getting to know and interact with your heroes, and it is cool as fuck.

• Like 7

Im 23 and I also don't live in the area but can someone sneak me into Cafeteriapalooza?

Really really really fantastic episode!

• Like 1

This episode was tremendous. I was getting so emotional at work in the interview segment. I stopped it and let it play for my coworkers who also loved it. I really loved hearing about the movie that at first did not care for and now desperately want to see. And then the following guest made me cry from laughing. Weirdly when I saw the guest I was so totally unmotivated to listen to, now I think this may one of my most favorite episodes of the entire show. Just beautiful stuff.

Scott was also himself in a lot of this and having so much while Bobcat might one of the smartest most emotionally mature and game guests/comedians ever. I just loved hearing about this.

Just so much love, C+

• Like 3

Finally listening, Bobcat is just such a fucking delight, please have him on more often

• Like 1

Bobscratch Goldfarb, an absolute delight.

Not only delivering a sincere and feel-filled interview, he had great questions to coax out more material from the other guests, especially while Scott was being (seemingly) willfully obtuse.

Bobcat Goldthwait, official co-host of Comedy Bang Bang?

If it were so, I would come run-ning to listen every week.

• Like 5

Love Bobcat and all his films. The very first stand-up I ever saw was Bobcat at the height of his fame in the 80's. It was 1988 and he performed at a theatre called the Guthrie in Minneapolis that is fairly well known. He came out dressed as Bono from the "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" video; hair slicked back into a ponytail, black leather vest and black jeans. Then he did a dead-on Bono impersonation and sang the song. When it was over the lights came half way up he turned back to the audience and in his signature screech said; "Ha-ha-ha HIIIIII-EVERYBODY!!" and of course we howled with laughter.

• Like 5

Lot of school workers coming by the studio these days what with health teacher Joe Bongo and now cafeteria technician Frank Frank. I wonder if either of them know Ms. Listler via the underground teachers and janitors network.

• Like 1

Lot of school workers coming by the studio these days what with health teacher Joe Bongo and now cafeteria technician Frank Frank. I wonder if either of them know Ms. Listler via the underground teachers and janitors network.

Isn't Corny Grandpa a crossing guard at a school too? Haha. The voice reminded me of him.

• Like 1

In fact, Mr. Joe Bongo was introduced on the Womp it Up podcast and is quite familiar with Ms. Listler. I very much hope Frank Frank crosses over in that direction soon.

Good show content this week Scott.

Fixed.