🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 95 — Mike Still, Our Close Friend

Just make the t-shirt say the (full) name of the show. Optional "what up what up," optional notebook-style background print. Please no jokes or "catchphrases" from show. Don't punish us.

• Like 17

Maybe a simple pocket Tee

MrLCiah.pngoD59dnO.png

EDIT: totally missed the pocket, but you get it.

• Like 2

I'm still stickin to my David beckham mock up a couple threads ago- composition book pattern and a simple "speak on that" - it's stylish but still a nod to those in-the-know

hhtshit_zpsbz2vqinp.jpg

a different font for the speak on that tho, this was done quick

• Like 12

i like that one a lot, it could be hollywood handbook instead of speak on that even

• Like 8

I'm still stickin to my David beckham mock up a couple threads ago- composition book pattern and a simple "speak on that" - it's stylish but still a nod to those in-the-know

hhtshit_zpsbz2vqinp.jpg

I like the font

• Like 2

sorry i'm in a bad mood. i just went through boxes and boxes of my dead d's shit i haven't looked at in years. sorry guys.

tWyUZrK.jpg

That's my D on the right with his 2nd wife Joanna next to him and his buddy Eli and his wife Shelly. I think they're in Hawaii. and I'd guess this to be circa 1982.

weGe1nl.jpg

Loving this info, Pete. Also loving your dad's 2nd wife because whoa mama is she a hot tamale.

• Like 10

i like that one a lot, it could be hollywood handbook instead of speak on that even

Oh fer sure - any simple kinda one-line thing. I just don't want it to come off as "goofy" like a lot of thoses C 13 13 shirts. And if the boys have taught us anything it's to thrive thru cooperation. Totally down with cooperation.

• Like 2

Oh fer sure - any simple kinda one-line thing. I just don't want it to come off as "goofy" like a lot of thoses C 13 13 shirts. And if the boys have taught us anything it's to thrive thru cooperation. Totally down with cooperation.

Great 50th post Rose_Cream

• Like 9

sorry i'm in a bad mood. i just went through boxes and boxes of my dead d's shit i haven't looked at in years. sorry guys.

EDIT> Here's the good part of old boxes-

That's my D on the right with his 2nd wife Joanna next to him and his buddy Eli and his wife Shelly. I think they're in Hawaii. and I'd guess this to be circa 1982.

Here he is at I think a golf course in 2001. Yes, his hat says "B.L.O.W.M.E. 2000" No idea what that means.

Did he have a good round that day?

• Like 4

hhtshit_zpsbz2vqinp.jpg

I'd put the mouse skelington right where it says speak on that. But much smaller

• Like 1

EDIT> Here's the good part of old boxes-

tWyUZrK.jpg

Here he is at I think a golf course in 2001. Yes, his hat says "B.L.O.W.M.E. 2000" No idea what that means.

No offense to your late D, but I want to know EVERYTHING about that guy on the left

• Like 4

Did he have a good round that day?

I know that around that time he shot a verified hole in one but I don't know if that was the specific day.

Actually I just went and dug this out-

YGbz61X.jpg

It's dated Aug 2000 so then I re-checked the golf course photo and sure enough it was taken in 2000 - no actual date. Still my old D may not have felt the need to put the date on the back of a photo - steel trap memory, you understand.

So I'm guessing even if this wasn't the hole-in-one date, he still had a killer round. Pete didn't mug for photos when pissed off.

• Like 14

Wait, souprman, your last name is actually Super? That's awesome!

• Like 8

maybe we could fit a Minion somewhere on the shirt haha I love those guys!

• Like 15

No offense to your late D, but I want to know EVERYTHING about that guy on the left

So that guys name is Eli. He ran a seedy dive bar in the middle of downtown Minneapolis, back when downtown's were actually seedy, called Eli's Bar. Eli passed in the early 90's and ownership passed to his sons who renovated and expanded and the bar is still there today: http://elisfoodandcocktails.com/

My D was a bookie who ran the numbers for most of the North Downtown, Northeast (we say 'nordeast'), and North sides of town. Eli's was D's main headquarters. He used to take me with him on excursions to all the divey drinking holes on Monday's as he paid out or collected on debts. My godfather also owned a bowling alley/dive bar/pizza place/banquet hall (place was fuckin huge) but that's a whole other story.

Anyway Eli's was the spot were D did all the big transactions. Eli was a straight up old-timey barkeep who provided safe haven for degenerate gamblers like dear ol' D. Nice guy. Always had a cherry coke on the bar for me without even being asked.

• Like 12

Here's my submission for the tshirt idea. I think we're forgetting the point of the show is to teach us lessons and no bigger one than this.

dmqSTk9.jpg

Also just noticed my last post got a Hayzie Bone like. Big day for me.

• Like 12

PS: I refuse to accept Engineer Ryan just yet

• Like 8

PS: I refuse to accept Engineer Ryan just yet

the other ones are on thin ice as is

• Like 4

Another cool thing about your butt being on fire is you can jump higher than normal and reach secret locations

• Like 17

2vrtFnRF.jpg

okay so obviously i f'ed up real bad

Nah dude you fuckin nailed it

• Like 16

I think the Clemdawgs like button is broken. Don't worry guys, we were watching wet hot American summer at movies bistro and he told me he liked all of your bday posts Cousin Sam is over at the basement condo right now trying to fix it. Will keep you posted

• Like 6

Nah dude you fuckin nailed it

Seconded. I think we can end this whole shirt discussion now, right ?

• Like 2

Respected HH Community, who can you recommend with similar type of humor as Hayes an Sean?

• Like 1