🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 115.5 — Minisode 115.5

Smigg-

I've seen that clip so manytimes now, but i just noticed. is it me or does Hulk Hogan on a bike look like the most unthreatening biker you've ever seen. he looks so odd. that bike looks too small for him, he looks like he's on a fisher price motorcycle.

People who record stuff by holding their phone at their tv deserve a punch in the face.

They do.

• Like 1

Smigg-

I've seen that clip so manytimes now, but i just noticed. is it me or does Hulk Hogan on a bike look like the most unthreatening biker you've ever seen. he looks so odd. that bike looks too small for him, he looks like he's on a fisher price motorcycle.

He's never been an intimidating guy. He once told a guy who was getting a little to frisky with his daughter that "You're messing with Hulkamania, brother! I'm gonna get the Hell's Angel's to break your legs if you don't back off!" If a 60 year old man says to me "You're messing with Hulkamania, brother!" I'd laugh in his face and motorboat his daughter because no one in the real world should back down from the threat of "Hulkamania!"

We don't negotiate with Hulkamaniacs!

• Like 2

People who record stuff by holding their phone at their tv deserve a punch in the face.

Or how about this: I film a bunch of wrestling shows in my area, posting the videos to my channel or whatever group I'm working with, and one of the guys showed me how someone had taken one of his matches that I'd filmed and posted, slapped some sort of weird filter on it, dubbed in some terrible background music, and then re-posted it on his own channel. It adds absolutely nothing to it, and in fact, one of our guys had recorded commentary that was a part of my video, and you can still sort of hear that between the music. What the...WHY would someone do that?

• Like 4

Or how about this: I film a bunch of wrestling shows in my area, posting the videos to my channel or whatever group I'm working with, and one of the guys showed me how someone had taken one of his matches that I'd filmed and posted, slapped some sort of weird filter on it, dubbed in some terrible background music, and then re-posted it on his own channel. It adds absolutely nothing to it, and in fact, one of our guys had recorded commentary that was a part of my video, and you can still sort of hear that between the music. What the...WHY would someone do that?

Or, those assholes who label a video with whatever you're looking to watch with the word "full" at the end, when all it is is a still picture with them reviewing it.

• Like 1

Are we all in agreement that the rally at the end of the movie should've been called the "Coalition for Racial Stereotypes"?

• Like 3

Why is Paul asking for Q and As over on Facebook? Is he a week early by mistake or is there something weird going on?

Well, I guess I get why the ep didn't come out today...but I was very sad this morning refreshing my podcast feed over and over hoping to see it appear :(

They mentioned that SyFy was "stealing" their ideas, specifically with the suggestion that Sharknado 3 take place in space. I recently listened back to Sharknado 1 and Paul mentions "Monkano", a volcano that spits out fiery monkeys to terrorize the city. They go on to discuss other variations such as Dino-cano or something. It can't just be a coincidence that Lavalantula is a spot on copy of the monster spitting volcano movie idea.

Why is Paul asking for Q and As over on Facebook? Is he a week early by mistake or is there something weird going on?

i was confused about that as well! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE

is it just me or were there a lot of C&Os this week? about this whole president thing, i think they intentionally didn't name him so we could debate on our own if in this universe, mark cuban, tank shark, was elected president.

i'm disappointed that top dog isn't on netflix, but there is a top cat movie! so i'll just watch that and assume it's approximately the same movie with a different animal

i was confused about that as well! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE

I wonder if it's related to "major technical difficulty" Paul mentioned at the end of this mini ep....

You would think that apple of all companys could fix that with software, so if the phone is turned up. it records in widescreen regardless of how the user holds the phone. Mind you that would get turned off by some user who doesn't understand aspect ratio.

When can we talk about the real problem facing America today. "White Clown Power". when does the show go live?

• Like 1

Interesting...so is this a question of the live ep turning out poorly?

I'd actually feel really bad if they did this live episode but can't air it because of quality. But man, how cool would it be if you were there and it never got released?

I think it's probably just that Paul will be on vacation or working and would rather prerecord the mini than delay it.

This was my response to hearing Top Dog was our next movie, followed by Paul's explanation of what the movie is about:

418d500f4968cbb1d94344b0f05846d2.gif

Hang on, has Megaforce been done yet, and if not why not?

• Like 1

Hang on, has Megaforce been done yet, and if not why not?

No, but Rifftrax just did it. And if you like that .gif, you can probably expect a lot more. After my battle with Taylorannephoto a couple of weeks ago, I thought it best to start making my own gifs.* The last five or so I've made have all been Megaforce.

And with that, I'm off!!!

869fc376c5828dbfd6ad6270c3c60897.gif

*I have way too much time on my hands. Think of the good I could be doing...

• Like 7

If it wasn't for the fact that I know Clyde Kusatsu (Asian police captain/potential mayoral candidate) and Timothy Bottoms (racist) have, for real, been in other movies, I would have just assumed this movie was composed totally of a cast of non-professional actors. Holy crap.

Also, what is the purpose of having Chuck Norris in... any movie? He's supposed to be an action star, but I can't decide if he's less believable as an actor or in the action scenes. He fights like he has less movement in his knees than the dead grandfather cop he keeps mentioning. He's even doubled, utilizing a terrible wig and a terrible trench coat, in half of his fight scenes anyway. What a fucking mess.

• Like 3

Oh wait, there are killer clowns in this movie! They must need extra time to let Jason get over his trauma before they can release this podcast.

• Like 1

No, but Rifftrax just did it. And if you like that .gif, you can probably expect a lot more. After my battle with Taylorannephoto a couple of weeks ago, I thought it best to start making my own gifs.* The last five or so I've made have all been Megaforce.

And with that, I'm off!!!

*I have way too much time on my hands. Think of the good I could be doing...

There were actually a few I was going to make from Top Dog (you already posted one of the dog being thrown in the water, which was one of them), but I just started a new job and haven't had time yet. Maybe I'll do it over the weekend since I don't have an episode to listen to.

• Like 1

Cameron H.

This guy is so ahead of his time with the beard and the bike with black rims. I've said it before and I'll say it again. this guy would not look out of place in my crazy town neighborhood.

in fact I think he just flew over.

I am still looking for a copy of this film.

• Like 2

The way that I look at it is that this shows that I am in the minority with not caring for these films and it's just one film a year so I am willing to let go of my objections and just allow 10 other people to enjoy the film and podcast episode.

I think that's a generous stance and in the spirit of the show.

I actually don't watch any of these movies, outside of the handful I had seen previous to the podcast. But never sought one out or watched in anticipation of the episode. My point being, they're all bad; the joy is in the discussion and reactions. If the HOSTS are no longer into the franchise, I won't be either. But as long as they are a little tickled by it, it works for me.

Obvious disclaimer: June's presence would exponentially improve any episode.

Unfortunately I couldn't fit June into this.

CLlEGQ_UwAA4Kuv.jpg

Needs a picture of June dressed as the little boy holding a donut saying can I feed him just one. Then it would be a work of art.

I love how the background of that original photo looks like a Sears portrait studio.

• Like 4