🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 115.5 — Minisode 115.5

Chuck Norris. White Supremacists. A dog. All of this will make more sense next week but this week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Sharknado 3, let’s us know if there’s room for Nic Cage to kill some sharks, and tells us what we should be watching in a new Scheer’s Recs. Plus, Paul chooses his favorite pizza toppings, gives out nicknames, and picks which Willy Wonka character he would adopt as he answers your Qs!

People of the internet: A while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to www.crashtestshow.com now to buy it! Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and ScheeRL on YouTube here:

#Sharknadoyes is beating #Sharknadono by a 10:1 ratio. This makes me sad. I really don't think I can sit through another of these intentionally awful movies.

• Like 7

This was my response to hearing Top Dog was our next movie, followed by Paul's explanation of what the movie is about:

418d500f4968cbb1d94344b0f05846d2.gif

• Like 10

When Paul described the movie, I was hoping that the dog was a white supremacist.

Also, if you get Encore, this movie is playing on loop on Thursday:

Thu, Aug 06 7:35 AM ENCRA (360)

Thu, Aug 06 10:35 AM ENCA (361)

Thu, Aug 06 1:45 PM ENCRA (360)

Thu, Aug 06 4:45 PM ENCA (361)

Thu, Aug 06 8:30 PM ENCRA (360)

Thu, Aug 06 11:30 PM ENCA (361)

• Like 5

When Paul described the movie, I was hoping that the dog was a white supremacist.

I think that would fall under one of Jason's "Thank God this got made!"

• Like 5

#Sharknadoyes is beating #Sharknadono by a 10:1 ratio. This makes me sad. I really don't think I can sit through another of these intentionally awful movies.

The way that I look at it is that this shows that I am in the minority with not caring for these films and it's just one film a year so I am willing to let go of my objections and just allow 10 other people to enjoy the film and podcast episode.

• Like 4

"Oh hell no!" is always meant to be pronounced in the manner of the stereotypical Sassy Black Woman. Finger wag and head movement optional.

This is the second time Alejandro Jodorowsky's name has been mangled. It may be an understandably difficult name to pronounce, but I say it's time to make it up to the guy and review one of his films on HDTGM. I've had my fingers crossed for "The Holy Mountain" for a while now

• Like 2

The way that I look at it is that this shows that I am in the minority with not caring for these films and it's just one film a year so I am willing to let go of my objections and just allow 10 other people to enjoy the film and podcast episode.

THIS IS THE INTERNET! PEOPLE HAVE TO LIKE WHAT I LIKE OR THEY CAN GEEEET OOOOOUUUUUT!

(For real, though, that's a levelheaded way to look at it, and I should probably have the same outlook.)

• Like 6

First things first, thanks to Paul for the kind shout out and I'd like to point out that I am indeed male.

When Paul was talking about this movie in the minisode I just assumed it was the Canon Films Chuck Norris rip off of "Turner & Hooch" and "K-9." Nope. This came out a full 6 years after those movies. Really late to the game on this one Chuck Norris.

• Like 1

Now imagine if that dog was a cop? It would be very relevant to today's issues.

• Like 1

RIGHT?! Let's all go tweet.

Oh, hmm. I guess you're a better person than me. But I want to hear about that Tyler Perry movie they made Scott watch!

I'm excited for Top Dog. I remember seeing Sidekicks in the theater but I think that's the only Chuck Norris movie I've watched beginning to end. And wikipedia says this one was directed by his brother--so that's gotta mean it's quality.

What was the technical difficulty? Was anyone at the live show this weekend? I want to be prepared but no spoilers.

• Like 2

I'm excited for Top Dog. I remember seeing Sidekicks in the theater but I think that's the only Chuck Norris movie I've watched beginning to end. And wikipedia says this one was directed by his brother--so that's gotta mean it's quality.

I totally had a moment between when Paul described the movie and when he gave the name where I thought, "Were there white supremacists in Sidekicks?"

What's odd to me is that seems like those of us who post on the forums seem to be overwhelmingly against the idea, but the Twitter-heads seem to be all for it. I kind of wonder why that is...Is it a personality thing?

The only thing I can think of is that those of us who post on the boards are more of the "let's enjoy the episode, but let's also get into it ourselves and discuss it in our own way," whereas people who are on Twitter, and I don't mean this to sound as condescending as it might, are maybe a more passive audience. I guess what I mean is, when they do episodes like Jupiter Ascending, Deep Blue Sea, Xanadu or whatever, we all enjoy what our hosts have to say, but there is still a lot of meat on the bone for us to discuss here. In other words, I like listening to HDTGM, but I like coming here and talking about the movies ourselves almost as much; and when you do a movies like Sharknado (especially multiple times), there's just nothing really left for us to say. I know that makes me a bit of a greedy, forum snob, but there you go.

That all being said, if Paul, June, Jason, and Scott are still having fun watching these movies then I'm not against it. The episode certainly didn't suffer from it being the third time they've talked about these stupid movies. I'll probably just skip the movie again next year and just listen to the episode. And despite what they said in the episode itself, I'm sure SyFy LOVES the fact that HDTGM is covering these. Yeah, they're making fun of them, but they're also guaranteeing at least a view thousand viewers who will tune in just so they can fully enjoy the HDTGM episode that is sure to follow. That being the case, I think SyFy owes the gang a lot. By virtue of the crate of bobble heads they got, SyFy obviously recognizes that they are bringing in a significant amount of viewers. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were all asked to do a brief cameo in the next one, and short of them writing it themselves, that might be the only reason to tempt me to catch it when it airs.

• Like 6

I keep on longing for the mini-ep where he announced "Next week we are doing Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" so I can properly geek out.

• Like 4

I keep on longing for the mini-ep where he announced "Next week we are doing Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" so I can properly geek out.

Oh! That reminds me of something I meant to add in my previous post! In regards to doing Sharknado 4, these boards are full of great "bad" movie suggestions, I just get frustrated that some of these are not getting done simply so we can watch Tara Reid stumble through another flying shark movie. Thanks for reminding me, Smigg!

With that, I am officially done with my rant.

• Like 6

I had completely forgotten about this Top Dog movie. I had always confused it with K-9.

Oh! That reminds me of something I meant to add in my previous post! In regards to doing Sharknado 4, these boards are full of great "bad" movie suggestions, I just get frustrated that some of these are not getting done simply so we can watch Tara Reid stumble through another flying shark movie. Thanks for reminding me, Smigg!

With that, I am officially done with my rant.

MK: Annihilation is my holy grail HDTGM movie, if my stand up career got passed "open mic shithead who offended people", I'd have lobbied to be on that episode.

• Like 3

I do remember that they did MK because they were going to do MK Annihlation, but wanted to do both of them and wanted to start with the beginning.

• Like 2

I do remember that they did MK because they were going to do MK Annihlation, but wanted to do both of them and wanted to start with the beginning.

Yeah, you definitely need the setup to fully appreciate such a nuanced piece of film.

• Like 3